• Thread starter ZONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

OUTDOOR CHOICE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
waayne

waayne

ZONER I would choose based on what particular strains I wanted to grow...Great phenos are to be
found in both reg and fem seed lines.......

Personally as of late I have had more hermies popping up out of Reg beans than Fems I've been running......

I have several Fem seed keepers,I've been running for years with zero hermie issues

No matter what you choose, it will more than likely be an adventure,as all seed runs are prone to be
Good Luck!

Last edited:
below frigid

below frigid

the best breeders seeds herm[/quote

Not outdoors. I have run many many fems. I run plenty of regular beans also. I have run fems from OGR, CC, Paradise, Barney's, Dinafem, DNA, Sweet Seeds, and many others and have not ever had one herm on me. I have had a couple of regular beans herm on me though. Most of my beans this year are regs, I have some Motor Breath, Wi-Fi, and the White Super Skunk. Everything else will be Regs. Fems are a lot less work. I was hoping OGR would make another drop so I could get more Wi-Fi and WSSK. Thats the only reason I am running so many regs.

ZONER

ZONER

ZONER I would choose based on what particular strains I wanted to grow...Great phenos are to be
found in both reg and fem seed lines.......

Personally as of late I have had more hermies popping up out of Reg beans than Fems I've been running......

I have several Fem seed keepers,I've been running for years with zero hermie issues

No matter what you choose, it will more than likely be an adventure,as all seed runs are prone to be
Good Luck!
Will be putting out regs from BOG (lifesaver & sour LSD) & ROC'S (Grape X SK X NL) and Fem's from Con Genetics (Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze) don't want to stress myself out, have to take care of my regular garden too this year. Keeping my fingers crossed .. Lol

chikken

chikken

I'd throw down some fem beans. that way girls come up. make it easier on yourself. plenty of good fem breeders out there.

ZONER

ZONER

Thanks everyone for your posts and everyone who voted, looks like Fem's took the vote ..... Lets see what springtime brings ..... If it ever shows up......lol

hazel

hazel

Where u did purchase your seeds from.. seen lots of banks but not sure which is the best to buy from

ZONER

ZONER

Right here on the farm .... And current genetics were from a pal.

K

kolah

I once got some free fem seeds from Dinefem, Power Kush, Critcal Jack and Original Amnesia. I planted them outdoors using organic methods. They were all small plants with low yields. A decent smoke but I was not impressed.

I still prefer regular seeds..for their overall vigor and stronger immune systems.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

when your fems herm in the middle of flower and seeds the whole crop
you are gonna wish you used regs.males are easy to remove before flowers
Ive seen reg beans herm too...and I've seen fem beans that made it through rough environmental conditions where reg beans hermed and the fem beans didn't. It more depends on the genetics used in the cross and the method in which they were femmed that tells the tale of stability with fem beans IMO. MGG

waayne

waayne

Ive seen reg beans herm too...and I've seen fem beans that made it through rough environmental conditions where reg beans hermed and the fem beans didn't. It more depends on the genetics used in the cross and the method in which they were femmed that tells the tale of stability with fem beans IMO. MGG

+1 ^^^

You're right on point Mr_GreenGenes
The quality of Fem seeds is all about the breeder/and their techniques and the original genetics.......

I'm finding in some cases Fem beans are hardier and more stable than some of the Regular beans I run nowadays.........

logics feminized Girl Scout Cookie crosses are very vigorous,and stable,and are as tough, and hardy as anything I run...Fem or Reg........

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...any time i want to femminize a keeper i first put her through as much stress as i can, i under water her, i over water her, i vary the light cycle and i allow light leaks, i do everything i can think of to make her hermie and if i can get her to through bannana's then she is rejected as potential parent stock for future femmed beans.

...i'd bet dollars to donuts guys like logic and anyone else producing solid, stable femminzed beans is going through a similar process.

...and phuck yeah, i've gotten plenty of herimies from regular beans, way more than i ever have from the femmed beans i've grown.

...so avoiding femmed beans for fear of hermies is self-defeating, using stable femme's for an outdoor op is a HUGE advantage over even stable reg's, ...why would you want to have to visit your plots just to weed out the males and hermies?

...at least that's how it seems to this lazy old stoner anyway.

peace, bozo

Last edited:
jaredman

jaredman

when your fems herm in the middle of flower and seeds the whole crop
you are gonna wish you used regs.males are easy to remove before flowers
regular seeds can hermie just as easily as fem seeds. It all depends upon the breeder
I do both fem and reg seeds, however I think that to really get a good crop of the same thing it is essential to go from clone. I always do about half beans and half clones. This way i have some tried and true and some gambles. Seeds grow bigger plants but clones grow more bushy. If you can get true hybrid seeds from two stable dank strains the f1 usually grows very uniform and also has hybrid vigor. These plants usually blow away the yield of any other seeds, or clones. I would say it depends on your ultimate goals for the season. Do you want weight or quality? Feminized seeds also seem to produce danker plants because both plants were chosen for their qualities of bud and when a male is chosen it is difficult to select the qualities it will pass on to the female.

Top Bottom