Fem seeds turned full male?

• Thread starter Magi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Magi

Magi

So 45 days ago I popped 3 fem tropicana cookie purple seeds from i49. One plant is showing pistols and hairs but 2 havent been showing their sex till now, no hairs, no repo signs. Worrying because I've heard males show their sex later than females. It started to devolope almost ball/spade shapes on the internodes. Could these just turn out to be female and look like males at the moment?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I've had ones that I was almost sure we're make that ended up female.

growsince79

growsince79

So 45 days ago I popped 3 fem tropicana cookie purple seeds from i49. One plant is showing pistols and hairs but 2 havent been showing their sex till now, no hairs, no repo signs. Worrying because I've heard males show their sex later than females. It started to devolope almost ball/spade shapes on the internodes. Could these just turn out to be female and look like males at the moment?
You heard wrong. My males almost always show before females 95% of the time at least

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You heard wrong. My males almost always show before females 95% of the time at least
I almost always see pistils at the top before I see formed pollen sacks ( formed enough to call it a male).
I like to say the males are the first to grow and the last to show. Meaning that the males usually shoot up and grow quicker than the females but then show sex later.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those look like girls to me. I would expect white anthers to pop out of those, and day. Admittedly, more magnification would be a plus, but you will know, shortly.

Early female flowers have a cone shape, sometimes with a slight curve and are smoother looking than male flowers. Those look more cone-like than ball-like. The surface of the male flowers are not smooth, but have overlapping flaps and fringes.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I almost always see pistils at the top before I see formed pollen sacks ( formed enough to call it a male).
I like to say the males are the first to grow and the last to show. Meaning that the males usually shoot up and grow quicker than the females but then show sex later.
If you look at them under magnification, the males show first. Female flowers are just more noticeable when not under magnification.

Top Bottom