Female Seeds.nl

• Thread starter Solidopc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solidopc

Solidopc

Anyone know what happened to these guys? They used to have some good stuff, but dissapeared off the scene, but now are back with some new strains.

Does anyone know where they went and if it's still the same people doing it? I was looking at their white widow/big bud. I'd grab it right away if it's the same people running the thing as they stuff was good before.

Also looking at a company called pyramid seeds and a strain called tiburan, a super skunk/nl cross. Spanish company i think. Anyone tried or know anything about them?

Cheers for the knowledge dudes. Solid

B

British_Hempire

Female Seeds make lots of seeds for other people so i think their absence from the market was due to having to fulfil large orders with other companies. They never went away altogether, last year they released a Grapefruit x Zamal cross that went unnoticed. I got a pack though and I'm looking forward to running them alongside the last pack of Zamal x Skunk Special I still have.

Solidopc

Solidopc

Their new Ice was the skunk special/white widow. I was stuck between that and the white widow/big bud. But the ww/bb was a pound cheaper and you got 5 seeds not 4. Ordered it, and the pyramid tiburan. Can't wait for that. Really fancy the ice though too. Nirvana ice was a great smoke, allthough they use different genetics to make it. So it won't be the same. I wish they had their grapefruit out still. Would of got that for sure. Never have tried it.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Easy Sativa, Ice & White Widow x Big Bud are still for sale on drchronic.com

Solidopc

Solidopc

Aye i know, but they only just appeared back there. They had not been sold at docs for a whole for some reason.

That site BH gave has many more of their strains. Have you ordered from that place yourself BH? Is it a good place to order? I only ever used the doc and everyonedoesit.com.

B

British_Hempire

Easy Sativa and Maroc never went out of stock at most places.

Yes I've ordered from hemcy, good company.

Solidopc

Solidopc

Well the ww/bb is nearly £8 cheaper on that hempcy site, but they don't carry pyramid seeds, and i really want to try that tiburon. My orders at docs have been refused twice in a rwo now, saying my card has been declined. I've no idea why, i have cash there, and i've never had a problem before.

Just tried again to order to tiburon. If this screws up, i'll order from that hempcy. The nectar seeds look good, but they are regs, and i don't want any regs until sonic seeds pinequeen and uk pineapple come to the farm here.

O

ograskal

Female Seeds make lots of seeds for other people so i think their absence from the market was due to having to fulfil large orders with other companies. They never went away altogether, last year they released a Grapefruit x Zamal cross that went unnoticed. I got a pack though and I'm looking forward to running them alongside the last pack of Zamal x Skunk Special I still have.

Hey BH are those Grapefruit x Zamal femenized?......Are all the seeds they sell feminized?..Thanks!...~ogr

B

British_Hempire

They are femmed raskal and yes, female seeds only sell femmed beans. The only reason I am interested in them is that there are no regular zamal beans available anymore so the femmed hybrid is the only option. The Zamal x Neville's Haze they did a couple of years ago is still the best sativa I've ever grown, the Zamal pheno was extraordinary.

Hemcy.com and hemcy.at aren't related, hemcy seed co is run by a guy who used to work for positronics so most of their lines are descended from the old Posi lines.

O

ograskal

They are femmed raskal and yes, female seeds only sell femmed beans. The only reason I am interested in them is that there are no regular zamal beans available anymore so the femmed hybrid is the only option. The Zamal x Neville's Haze they did a couple of years ago is still the best sativa I've ever grown, the Zamal pheno was extraordinary.

Hemcy.com and hemcy.at aren't related, hemcy seed co is run by a guy who used to work for positronics so most of their lines are descended from the old Posi lines.

Shit bro....If you had your way Females Seeds.nl would be banned and you wouldnt have gotten to score those Gems!..This is why I love Female seeds....~ogr

If i had my way I would ban feminised seeds, they are a timebomb waiting to go off. Seems to me that a load of people have jumped on the feminised bandwagon as it circumvents any need for any actual breeding knowledge or skill - any fool can spray a female with chemicals so it produces male flowers, this isn't breeding, using the pollen thus produced on another female clone also isn't breeding, it's simple hacking and is done with the simple motivation of extracting large wads of cash from naive growers.

I

ismokepot

Does anyone know if female seeds.nl ships to the U.S.......it doesn't appear they do???

B

British_Hempire

Well out of 4 seeds that germed, 2 hermied, but the one special pheno was so good. It's just a crying shame they were feminised otherwise I'd have crossed it to another sativa male so I could keep at least a portion of the genes preserved. To be honest, feminising the Zamal cut was never a good idea, it has an intersex trait, they used pollen from a Neville's Haze to reduce the incidence of hermies somewhat and warned customers that hermies were likely, it was a strictly limited release of some very rare genes and I applaud them for bringing something so special and exotic to a wider audience, I just wish a regular non-femmed alternative had also been available as if it was i could have worked with it and probably removed than intersex trait over a few gens.

Short of travelling to La Reunion and tracking down some famers in the remote rural interior of the island, I'm not going to be able to obtain Zamal genes any other way than through the Female Seeds releases, sad situation. I would much prefer to have a proper non-femmed zamal line.

Female Seeds.nl seeds are dirt cheap, I paid 13ukp for the 5 pack of Zamal 2-3 years ago, so they definitely don't fall into the category of expensive feminised beans.

I still maintain that feminised beans are a bad thing for a number of reasons and I see minimal advantages to using them, people can say it makes the grower's life easier, not having to remove males, but that's like saying a Ford Pinto was a good car because it killed a lot of bad drivers.

O

ograskal

Yeah the only downfall with Fem seeds in my opinion is theres always a chance for hermies and you gots to stay on your toes..But i have found some gems from feminized seeds that were better than most of the Elite clone only strains I ran and better than ALL of the standard seeds I've ran so far...I myself havent ran into any hermies yet .....Thank God...Feminized Beans have been very good to us over here...We love them!...~ogr

I

ismokepot

I too typically only use feminized seeds mainly because of my space and expense considerations....... When purchased from a reliable source, I have NEVER had a hermie- EVER. And it makes my growing life alot easier.

Solidopc

Solidopc

I still maintain that feminised beans are a bad thing for a number of reasons and I see minimal advantages to using them, people can say it makes the grower's life easier, not having to remove males, but that's like saying a Ford Pinto was a good car because it killed a lot of bad drivers.

That analogy doesn't fly at all. You're assuming, quite arrogantly in my view, that anyone who grows fem seeds is a shit grower and should be "done away with".

Not everyone needs to breed cannabis. Not every has the potential to be able to do it. Very few infact. Space is at a premium for more growers than not, so fem seeds make sense for these people. To say everyone with this problem is a shit grower just because they have no need/desire/space to make their own seeds, and just want some bud, is elitist nonsense. And i thumb my nose to anyone who believes otherwise. Can't quite believe you think like that.

Sorry if that seems blunt, but i feel that statement insults me as a grower, and i'm proud of the steps i've made in my growing experience the last nearly 3 years.

---------------

Anyway, i've grown lots of fem seeds and regular seeds, and like ograskal, have never had a hermie from a fem seed, but have had a few from regs. And like him i've found better mothers and smoke from fem seeds than any reg seeds i've grown. I'm not against either. And will still grow the right strains in reg form. But for me, when i've only got a limited ammount of space, and funds, not having to deal with males is a great bonus. No space/medium/nutes/light/time wasted.

As far as i'm concerned, both have their place in the growscene, and fems are getting better and better.

B

British_Hempire

You got completely the wrong end of the stick there, I wasn't insinuating that people who grow feminised seeds are bad growers at all, might not have been a good analogy but that's not the point.

One bad thing about feminised seeds that no-one can deny is that the proliferation of feminised seeds has taken business away from people who do proper breeding work and it is on those people that the future integrity of the genepool largely relies.

Solidopc

Solidopc

Well i can understand that being a sore spot for some people. But do fem seeds really sell that many more? I can't get half the strains i'd like to try in fem versions, so you'd think there would still be a large market for regular strains from the good breeders.

But i don't know anywhere near enough about what sells and in what quantities to even make a guess on it. What i would think though, is that there allways has to be a market for regular seeds, as without them, you won't be getting any new females to make fem seeds with. Maybe the competiton is a good thing, as it will see only the really good breeders surviving, and the crap ones going under. I don't know. But i can't complain about fem seeds, as they've seen me good, and i've never had a problem with them. I can say the same about reg seeds, i've had some great smoke from them too. That's why i think there should be able to be a balance between the two and have both available without harming the noble cause of genetic preservation of the plant.

Again, sorry of that sounded blunt in my other post. But that analogy did suck ass. :p Peace.

B

British_Hempire

Twas a crap analogy, my bad.

I don't have sales figures but feminised seeds have had a severe impact on the sales of regular seeds, at least two breeders i know of have been forced to make feminised versions of their seedlines as the sales of their regular seeds had fallen so low due to the proliferation of cheap feminised beans from Spanish producers.

Top Bottom