Female Seeds.nl

• Thread starter Solidopc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solidopc

Solidopc

These spanish companies are my favouroites. Their gear is much better than sensi fems, white label fems, ch9 fems, gh fems and others ones. Well sweetseeds and pyramid are good at least. These are the only two spanish ones i know of. Know of anymore?, i might try them out. LOL.

I think that gettinng other breeders to make fem seeds also of their good stuff is not a bad thing eirher. I want to try things i cant but would of they were in fems. Only a few strains interst me enough in regular form right now to want to grow them. I'm happy to save roughly 50% the time/space/medium/effort/nutes/light etc unless it's fopr these, as the bud i get is really good, and to a hobby grower, that's all i want.

B

British_Hempire

To be honest, it's impossible to know what you're getting with these new female seed companies as the seeds are often bought in bulk from other people. It's not correct to say the spanish beans are better than the dutch as the spanish companies sell dutch made seeds and vice versa. The guys behind a Dutch company got laughed out of Amsterdam after their cuts they gave out were rubbish and their femmed beans not good and hermie-ridden, they have not set up shop in Spain and are making beans for at least 5 companies, they were unable to sell their low quality wares under their own name so it's worrying that they are now supplying large quantities of seeds to several companies, to give an example, one self-proclaimed breeder based in Amsterdam is selling ten packs of femmed beans made by these jokers for the scandalous price of 200 euros. It's the height of scamming to sell beans of uncertain quality made by less than careful hackers and claim they are your own work and charge a premium price for them. The customer is being lied to and exploited by these people, so don't buy their seeds as you will be supporting people who are doing zero good for the cannabis plant, they don't love cannabis, they love the money they can make from it.

Several of the Spanish companies have done some very unethical things like feminising Super Silver Haze, Critical Mass and White/Black Widow. As shantibaba, the creator of those strains is one of the few proper breeders around, I don't advise anyone to support the Spanish companies who, quite frankly have stolen his genetics. Taking a cut from a breeder's seedline, spraying it with chemicals then charging a fair whack for the femmed beans is simple cashing in on someone else's hard work, it's like buying pirated dvds, supporting thieves, if this business were at all regulated they would be liable to prosecution for theft.

Those might be strong words but it's true, these fly-by-night cash-in quick companies shouldn't be supported, we should be complaining to them and telling them to do some actual breeding work and create something unique of their own instead of cashing in on someone else's hard work.

Look at the big picture, what I shantibaba finds it harder and harder to sell his strains like SSH because other people are making femmed verisons and shanti goes out of business, that would be a massive loss to the industry and would hurt the genepool a great deal. I'm, just using shanti as an example, other people have had their hard work stolen by these people too.

Solidopc

Solidopc

Well i'd say it's not stolen at all. They bought the genetics, and are using pre 2000 sensi genetics in the ones i've been using. Sensi seem to have been better back then. All they are doing is offering some "antique" phenotypes and crosses of great mothers they've jept, and when they are saying the genetics used to make them, and thus giving credit to the original breeder, i don't see anything wrong with it.

Afterall, if people want to then buy the original they know where to go.

I'd agree that taking someone elses genetics, femming it, or making f2s, and then selling it as a totally "new" strain is bogus. But femming mother plants they've kept for years and have won competitions, is a good thing i think, as it's offering something you cannot buy now even in regular form. And what do breeders expect you to do if not select mother plants? And why are not regular seeds breeders who use all other breeders strains to make their own new strains, also subject to this "do your own work" thing?

Edit: Would be useful to know which of these spanish companies you think are selling the crap beans nobody wanted in the dam, as i've been very happy with sweetseeds, and have heard good things about pyramid too. Only two i've tried. Don't know any others.

B

British_Hempire

Taking the Bilbo cut of Critical Mass, a pheno of SSH, and other plants they have used that are representative of the currently retailed lines of other breeders and selfing them is not just bogus it's outright theft in my book.

Solidopc

Solidopc

So people shouldn't be able to make cheaper, more accessible alternatives to strains like SSH and CM? I don't see how the breeders themselves could even complain about it, as they are selling the seeds, once they're sold, it's no longer their property or concern, and they should realise people are going to use these plants they've created to make new strains, make fem seeds, make plain f2's. This must have been going on for years anyway. Maybe not the fem seeds, but the using of other breeders genetics to add new genetics to your own crosses.

And talking of MNS. He is a pretty pricy seedbank, and no shit here, the only strain i've grown from him was shit, and the germ rates were shit, and two of 5 females hermied, and only one was a decent smoke. So i'm not all that impressed with paying alot for a bunch of seeds and having to find a keeper through crap germ rates and hermies, i'd rather just buy a fem from one or two known top quality cuts and be paying alot less.

It's not only MNS i've had this with. Sensi seeds i had fluff coming out of my jack flash seeds, and didn't get 1 germ from 10 seeds. WL has genetics not half as good as the spanish ones i've done, and is owned by sensi. These guys charge through the nose for what appears to be crap these days. So they ought look closer to home.

I'd only consider buying reg seeds from a few breeders. DNA, Chimera, Soninc Seeds and Paradise Seeds. Maybe a few others, but those are the ones i'd buy from if i was buying reg seeds regulary. I'd also put dj short there, but he prices himself way out of the market for me. Surely these good companies aren't going fail. I see more reg seed grows on all the forums i go to than fem seeds, so i think the business in general is doing OK.

B

British_Hempire

So people shouldn't be able to make cheaper, more accessible alternatives to strains like SSH and CM?

Of course they shouldn't! It's piracy, why can't you understand that?

Have you go any evidence of this bad MNS grow? never heard those criticisms of shantis beans before.

Solidopc

Solidopc

It was on hg420 unfortunatly and is now gone forever. But i wasn't the only one. Moggs and a few others also had crap germ rates withg MNS.

And piracy, in an illegal business doesn't make much sense. Also, wasn't SSH Shantis attempt at recreating silver haze or JH? So he was just trying to copy something. Maybe he even used some sensi genetics in the mix? Who knows, but using genetics you've paid for for whatever reason you want is fine in my book. If nobody had ever taken someone elses work and used it in their own way, we'd not have half the strains around today we do.

M

Matttzzzzz

ok guys so back to the pure zamal line british was talking about earlier in the thread.....i'm sure you guys haven't missed the GN Zamal at seedboutique???? I think this is a remarkable strain that has not gotten the credit it deserves ....but are these beans not the pure zamal?

Top Bottom