FEMS---S1's

• Thread starter JAWS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankninja

dankninja

Responses like yours show me you have a lack of understanding of genetics and I'm not going to pose as an expert but I know enough to know that's not how it works. Not only that, I do have my own experiences making/using/growing my own fem seeds and had none of the experiences you claim. Also your claims on calling it 'hermie pollen' are just mistaken.

Alas you speak from your experiences, I speak from mine. We both think we're right but I know who really is :).

[/snappy retort]
and looking over this thread. its obvious you cant read. and have no intention on spreading actual help. just "misinformation". check chimera or anyone else who actually works with fems, instead of just talking trash. you wont believe me and honestly im not interested in fixing your warped idea of genetics. just trying to help the poster who asked a legit question. way to be bro. "yes".

dankninja

dankninja

collected info from several sites. took me 5 minutes. educate instead of trolling, post up real evidence, or god forbid real pics from your real grows. and "breeding".

-

S1: The first selfed generation. Selfing an S1 produces an S2, etc. Anecdotal evidence from Sam_Skunkman indicates that continued selfing to the S3 and S4 produces plants so weak that they must be handled very carefully, “like kittens” in his words.

Selfing: Applying female pollen to the female from which it was collected. Example : selecting a particular Willie Nelson cutting, reversing it, and putting the pollen back on another clone of the same plant. Applying that pollen to a different Willie cutting, or to another strain altogether, is not selfing.

The feminized seeds are made by hermieing a great pheno clone by using a chemical, then using the plants own pollen to pollinate the clone or other clones from that pheno-mother, to produce all feminized seeds. Since the hermieing is a result of chemicals/stress and not of poor genetics there should be no more hermieing traits passed on to the S1 seeds than the parent had.

Here's where the problem starts. Except for IBLs like Bubblegum or Rez Sour Diesel inbreeding two children (F1s) will produce less stable offspring. For those not familiar with this - White Russian seeds are made by crossing White Widdow with AK47. When Serious Seeds wants to make more White Russian seeds they would cross the WW x AK47 again, not let a male white russian pollenate a female white russian - because that would produce less stable seeds. Except in stabilized InBred Lines like RSD and BG.

So, your S1s are going to be slightly less stable than their parent. If I want a mother to take clones off for years I'll order a set of regular seeds and pick the best female as my mother.

.if you do get some slight hermi going on all the seeds should in theory be feminized correct?"

The seeds from a self pollinating S1 would be an S2 I believe, feminized for sure. A study a read a few months ago said that by the time breeding gets to S3 or S4 the plant is so unstable it's ungrowable for our purposes. The S2 would be less stable than the S1, which hermied to make the seeds for the S2.

.im really hoping one hermi doesnt ruin the whole bunch. that is possible right?"

Yes it's possible. The pollen could float around your room and pollinate all of your plants. Most likely only those close by would be heavily seeded anyway. Get some tweezers and pick out every banana.

dankninja

dankninja

my understanding of genetics is by no means expert. but im certain of what i actually say. you shouldnt open your mouth if you cant back it up.

hermie pollin. yes. thats what hermie pollin is called. when you have a female femmed S1 or R1 plant, it has no male chromosome. ok? so then when you re-fem it god knows why, by causing the plant to HERMAPHRODITE (producing male/female flowers depending) through chemicals STS CS GA3 (for males) or even naturally, you have created an S2. only option besides staying pure female is to go hermie, rarely will it stay pure.

the point of buying fem seeds is to save money and time for people who are sick or just dont want the hassle of sexing. dont tell a sick patient to spray hermie pollin all over their room. that IS misinformation. the definition of it. maybe you should look up some basics before ruining people's grows.

sorry champeen. but i dont spread lies. talk that bs and ill be back with more.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/91-reserve.75105/page-3#post-1827166

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

Giphy 1

vector illustration

Last edited:
dankninja

dankninja

didnt even know I could hit ignore on specific users. sorry to any one actually reading, didnt mean to explode. just sick of new growers and their S3s and S4s. "I found these seeds in a bag, then I found more when I grew them out. Then I grew those out......".

Last edited:
T

Traxx

didnt even know I could hit ignore on specific users. sorry to any one actually reading, didnt mean to explode. just sick of new growers and their S3s and S4s. "I found these seeds in a bag, then I found more when I grew them out. Then I grew those out......".
who cares dont like it dont buy lmao

dankninja

dankninja

true. the stand outs stand out even more, when other bags are full of seeds you cant even use. anyway sorry for my rant. cheers.

Krypto

Krypto

Thailand is where the Hermies run rampant! ha!
I usually stick with regular seeds myself. Not that I haven't had some great plants that came from feminized seed. AJ Sour Diesel from loud, King Louie from Cali Connection, and right now a killer skunk haze from cbd-crew... I just prefer regular seeds for personal reasons. I think when someone snatches up a clone, sprays it with colloidal silver and sells those seeds, they're not really a breeder in my opinion.
Thailand is where the Hermies run rampant! ha!
I usually stick with regular seeds myself. Not that I haven't had some great plants that came from feminized seed. AJ Sour Diesel from loud, King Louie from Cali Connection, and right now a killer skunk haze from cbd-crew... I just prefer regular seeds for personal reasons. I think when someone snatches up a clone, sprays it with colloidal silver and sells those seeds, they're not really a breeder in my opinion.
I posted my 2 cents on this about a year ago... I will say now that the last sentence DOES NOT reflect my opinion today.
I have NOTHING BUT RESPECT for ANYONE that can breed cannabis. I am not a breeder or seed maker. .
I've made my share of seeds. I have attempted to create our own hybrid. But, I have a long way to go. I have a lot to learn yet. Which brings me to my question drum roll....
What are the downsides to breeding with reversed females. And why do some people seem to turn their nose up at feminized seeds?
You dudes are great!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I posted my 2 cents on this about a year ago... I will say now that the last sentence DOES NOT reflect my opinion today.
I have NOTHING BUT RESPECT for ANYONE that can breed cannabis. I am not a breeder or seed maker. .
I've made my share of seeds. I have attempted to create our own hybrid. But, I have a long way to go. I have a lot to learn yet. Which brings me to my question drum roll....
What are the downsides to breeding with reversed females. And why do some people seem to turn their nose up at feminized seeds?
You dudes are great!
Love running fem seeds. I have seen more intersex plants from reg seeds compared to fems seeds in recent yrs.

Krypto

Krypto

Love running fem seeds. I have seen more intersex plants from reg seeds compared to fems seeds in recent yrs.
I hear you root... And as much of the fems as I've done, as far as Vigor / Aroma / taste / defect yield / everything I'm not seeing a big huge difference. And a lot of the strains that people want you can only get in feminized seed. The cool thing about regular seeds is well, you can go Fino hunting for that select male and create your own hybrid but you can do that with fem's too right?

dankninja

dankninja

rehashing this evil thread for one sec. I run fems all the time.. not that. legitimately scared of hermies.. thats the plain and simple of it. less stability and no male chromosome (in the first place) is scary shiz when you are trying to breed for stability as well as everything else. The thought of the mother parent having a hermie tendency lurking underneath it all is terrifying. or just growing nanners overnight and ruining my collection of cuts... awful thought.

I remember years ago HH and others releasing crosses with S1s in the parentage, and mostly they hermied... lots of pissed off peeps. results were posted up... and I couldnt ever put out something that wasnt stable. been trying to F2 my silly F1 for a good 3 years. Fem seeds do seem to be getting more stable nowadays.. all up to you.

The performers we all die for will continue to be maintained, bred, and revamped by pros (and not-so-pros unfortunately)... Its your journey, and experimenting with breeding is fun.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
rehashing this evil thread for one sec. I run fems all the time.. not that. legitimately scared of hermies.. thats the plain and simple of it. less stability and no male chromosome (in the first place) is scary shiz when you are trying to breed for stability as well as everything else. The thought of the mother parent having a hermie tendency lurking underneath it all is terrifying. or just growing nanners overnight and ruining my collection of cuts... awful thought.

I remember years ago HH and others releasing crosses with S1s in the parentage, and mostly they hermied... lots of pissed off peeps. results were posted up... and I couldnt ever put out something that wasnt stable. been trying to F2 my silly F1 for a good 3 years. Fem seeds do seem to be getting more stable nowadays.. all up to you.

The performers we all die for will continue to be maintained, bred, and revamped by pros (and not-so-pros unfortunately)... Its your journey, and experimenting with breeding is fun.
Well said!!:)

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I can only go by my own experiences.
Iv been running both reg and fem seeds consistently for 15 years-more so fems than regs due to space and limited resources but still plenty of regs too and iv honestly had more and worse herms and nanners from plants from reg seed than i have from any type of fem seed.i love running fem seeds.its just so much eazier for me with limited space to run seeds that i know are all going to be female.it saves me time and resources.dont get me wrong im not saying use em for breeding as iv no experience with breeding myself but iv saw plenty of fem strains be used successfully in crosses.wifi,motorbreath are two that spring to mind.iv also saw a website were they sold seeds they made using fem seeds to make a line into an ibl.some shit like that.no idea if they were any good though.

dankninja

dankninja

I dont know exactly how pisces or rascal made either one of those crosses, but had the same thoughts... another one by connoisseur is the uk chem, orgnkid S1 is the female. more than a few out there.... are you talking about ethos btw? have some of their gear in queue. interesting to see the alphafem work...if it does.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Couldn't have said it any better!
Amen to that !

I can only go by my own experiences.
Iv been running both reg and fem seeds consistently for 15 years-more so fems than regs due to space and limited resources but still plenty of regs too and iv honestly had more and worse herms and nanners from plants from reg seed than i have from any type of fem seed.i love running fem seeds.its just so much eazier for me with limited space to run seeds that i know are all going to be female.it saves me time and resources.dont get me wrong im not saying use em for breeding as iv no experience with breeding myself but iv saw plenty of fem strains be used successfully in crosses.wifi,motorbreath are two that spring to mind.iv also saw a website were they sold seeds they made using fem seeds to make a line into an ibl.some shit like that.no idea if they were any good though.

I completely agree with what was said here
Males are No More Stable than Females
Cannabis will do anything to continue its life cycle & I've seen so many reg seeds with intersex traits & the only time I'd ever keep any kind of intersex plant would be a reversed male occurring naturally as those are bulletproof breeders if Viable pollen can be produced from them

Speaking on the topic of Motor breath @Mr Bee
She's Bulletproof & don't ever herm for us & when my homie crossed that up with GSC & OGKB & He Only saw 1 Plant that was unstable outta tons from the 3 crosses including his s1 seeds of the Motor breath

And For the record I breed seeds & am very well known in my area & I can honestly say this
Outta all my years of breeding
2 fem crosses turned out unstable & went to the trashcan
9 Regular crosses were unstable and went to the trashcan

***& if any breeder or even chucker for that matter says they haven't ever had to Throw Anything of thier own out due to poor results and instability then for one they should be doing more work as these things Happen A lot !
ALL THE TIME

& If they deny trashing previous strains they're prob lying too fwiw

Point being FEMS Ain't bad neither are regs
Bad Breeding Selection/choices/practices are to Blame

Also hate to say it but if someone gets Herm's it could very well be grower error !
My gg4 NEVER Herm's Minus one thing , Let the buds get too close.to the ol Hps bulb and shell throw hella Nuts & that was a grower error I made when I first started running her awhile back & fortunately it was at week 6.5 so it didn't ruin my whole room

Seen more Pure Sausage wielding female plants from regular crosses than FEMS
& I trash 90% of the males that come thru here minus the Gems & I'm focusing on producing FEMS First so proofs in the pudding there folks

But I'm only speaking from my experience (20 yr) so I apologize if anyone didn't get what I was trying to say !!!

Last edited:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I,v got some Pisces valley dawg beans.valleydawg is the sister to motorbreath. Valley dawg chem91skva x sfv og and motor breaths sfv og x Chemdog D.
I need to pop some of those.got some Pisces blush also.

roach

roach

ok no. if you reverse FEM seed-borne plants to produce male pollin, and then pollinate your already FEM R1 or S1 plant with itself or another FEM plant, you have created S2 or R2 genetics. which are garbage, unless you are doing experiments in recessive genes.

S1 - self 1st generation
S2 - self 2nd generation (hermie prone, weak)
R1 - reversed pollin from one female, applied to another different female
R2 - 2nd generation (see above) (and again, hermie prone, and weak)

try growing regular beans, finding a PURE mother, cloning her, then reverse one cut, and pollinate other. S1/FEM. dont muddy our gene pool with S2s and R2s. seriously.

Sorry, but you are wrong, making an S2 does not mean you automaticly get hermie prone weak plants, just like with any kind of breeding its down to parent selection, pick a bad parent and you get bad seeds.

shaganja

shaganja

so i got a couple girls i wanna herm out. i dont have any silver. i dont wanna make any. its a cookie line, so it should herm easy. my question is, is there a light cycle i can use to stress them to make me some seeds? it seems like the easiest way. cheapest for sure. and thats why i have to s1. because am a cook! lol

shaganja

shaganja

so i got a couple girls i wanna herm out. i dont have any silver. i dont wanna make any. its a cookie line, so it should herm easy. my question is, is there a light cycle i can use to stress them to make me some seeds? it seems like the easi
so i got a couple girls i wanna herm out. i dont have any silver. i dont wanna make any. its a cookie line, so it should herm easy. my question is, is there a light cycle i can use to stress them to make me some seeds? it seems like the easiest way. cheapest for sure. and thats why i have to s1. because am a cook! lol
Anyone know how to make your girls herm? Anyone? Yes, I WANT HERMS. How do I do it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom