Fertilization With Foliar Absorbed Nutrients- Priming The Pump

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Great post and concept. I can attest to foliar applications. Last season my soil tests came back with low trace elements. Instead of trying to throw rock dust on the soil and water in with teas, hoping it would become plant available sometime that season I foliar sprayed MicroPak from American Eco Agriculture with fantastic results. Really improved the quality of the herb, and now in the off season I will correct the soil deficiency.

I am at a little bit of a loss with this statement: "Humidity and temperature have a direct relationship with absorption of nutrients and as they increase, penetration also increases. The total amount of time the nutrient is in contact with the leaf is critical. Optimum pH is a factor that varies from nutrient to nutrient and most good formulators recognize the need to have optimum pH for the nutrient used."

and other statements made about optimal conditions for foliar sprays.......... I am sure at a microscopic level, certain times of the day and certain temps are more conducive to immediate uptake. However I imagine the phylloplane just at the rhizosphere, where the microbes will take care of the break down and the transfer of nutrients to the plant. I wouldn't think it would matter if the plant surface is still wet from the foliar application, the nutrients are still on the leaf surface, along with the microbes to break it down.

Something I think about while smoking joints staring at the plants.

@Bulldog11 well you blew my cover!!!! Yhought I was the only one that got stoned and stared at the ladies. :cool:

showmegreen

showmegreen

What got my imagination kickin about this (besides the smoke) was imaginin the evening breeze flowing through and around the plants. Lightly dusting the leaves and other
particulars of the beautiful swaying
ladies. Minerals and other organics
finally after eons an millennia, have
eroded and chemicaly decomposed
enough to become absorbed. As the
temperature decreases with the
setting of the sun, the air losses its
static energy thus dropping off more
(idealistically useable) particles.
Along with condensate. Which inturn
becomes the vehicle for all those
deposits to enter the plant via
openings on a cellular scale. With the
process of osmosis the nutes
distribute throughout the plant where deemed necessary. Which goes into another story on a even more smaller
scale.
Im just so blessed to have stumbled
onto a site that is so informative and actually inspiring. I have to say IM ADDICTED TO YOU GUYS!
I camp at the farms gates eternally!
There is somethin to be said about "intellectual intercourse".

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@showmegreen - Excellent post! Seriously, you put Mike Rowe's voice and a kick ass computer generated animation with your last post as narration, perfection. I get lost in those science shows, can't get enough.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What got my imagination kickin about this (besides the smoke) was imaginin the evening breeze flowing through and around the plants. Lightly dusting the leaves and other
particulars of the beautiful swaying
ladies. Minerals and other organics
finally after eons an millennia, have
eroded and chemicaly decomposed
enough to become absorbed. As the
temperature decreases with the
setting of the sun, the air losses its
static energy thus dropping off more
(idealistically useable) particles.
Along with condensate. Which inturn
becomes the vehicle for all those
deposits to enter the plant via
openings on a cellular scale. With the
process of osmosis the nutes
distribute throughout the plant where deemed necessary. Which goes into another story on a even more smaller
scale.
Im just so blessed to have stumbled
onto a site that is so informative and actually inspiring. I have to say IM ADDICTED TO YOU GUYS!
I camp at the farms gates eternally!
There is somethin to be said about "intellectual intercourse".
Wow ....Rock on brother, that was way kool.......... I'm was reading it and found myself envisioning all my gals blowing gently in the breeze and doing a tops on pole dance. My gurls always look better with their tops ON!!!! :p

CaliShark

CaliShark

Ultimatley......irregardless of what we think the minute humans touched this plant it started downhill. Mother nature had no issues making this weed thrive.

I take offense to that statement. Saying it started downhill is ignorant. Man sure did put the plant on a new path, but who's gonna argue if it's better or worse. That's your opinion. But if you want mine, I'll say it's for the better. We may have skewed the genetics through breeding and lost some of the purity along the way. But damn if we haven't taking the plant to a new and higher level.

Cali Shark - you know your stuff. Thanks for sharing. Your insight has given me another way of looking at our dear cannabis plant. For which, I am grateful, :). Thank you.

ShowMeGreen - The nutrients I use for foliar application are micronized and balled so they are as easy for the plant to break down and adsorb as possible. Also, on my list of things to buy this year is a fogger. A fogger gets the particle size of the nutrient spray down to very small particles as well. It also helps shoot the spray 20ft, which helps with my outdoor monsters. As far as a "dry" spray, like CaliShark said, it's better to have moisture for complete transfer of nutrients through our leaf surfaces.

As far as I see it, you can spray with raw ingredients mixed your self, (alfalfa, kelp, SRP ext) with a hand held sprayer and still be as effective in the long run as micronized nutrients and foggers. I however, like to push the limits, and I enjoy the extra work.

Thanks a lot man. It's good to teach, it kind of helps me relearn the knowledge or make it more concrete in my brain if you know what I mean.

Anyway fuck a fogger man. Over priced. Get yourself a paint sprayer. They have airless operated portable ones you can use for indoor or outdoor. Here a link.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Wagner-Flexio-590-HVLP-Paint-Sprayer-Kit-0529010/204102458/
http://t.homedepot.com/p/Graco-X7-Airless-Paint-Sprayer-262805/100634350/

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

CaliShark - Never thought about a paint gun before, thanks for the link to the thread. I might be shopping for a new paint gun come 2015, thanks again.

showmegreen

showmegreen

@Bulldog11 I got my fogger at Sutherlands in the water garden section on clearance fer not shit. I cant remember. Its on a thread around here somewheres. I think they are normally 40 or 60 bucks. I paid stupid less. Made a clonner out of it. But now I bought these little
personal vaporizers from walmarts fer eleven they only hold enough juice for about four hours so I thought about using them to foliar feed with. Plug into a timer and roll with it.I
hope they hold up to the job. Im prob only put humic or super thrive in em somethin totaly soluble if there is a thing. Havent implemented them yet though.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Fergot the pic. A airless spray gun is a great idea. Good thunkin thar mister
20141223 074346

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Anyway fuck a fogger man. Over priced. Get yourself a paint sprayer. They have airless operated portable ones you can use for indoor or outdoor. Here a link.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Wagner-Flexio-590-HVLP-Paint-Sprayer-Kit-0529010/204102458/
http://t.homedepot.com/p/Graco-X7-Airless-Paint-Sprayer-262805/100634350/
Yeah, I SO wish I'd known about that before I made an hour trip through the mountains to the nearest hydro shop to pay several hundred dollars for a $200 fogger. We have owned one of those sprayers.

MGRox

MGRox

so does that mean that phytotoxicity is a "flooded pump" xD

ok one more;

Worlds cheapest fogger; take a mouthful of foliar and press lips tightly together. Blow gently and evenly.

yours truly
Mr. Grain of salt

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Yeah, I SO wish I'd known about that before I made an hour trip through the mountains to the nearest hydro shop to pay several hundred dollars for a $200 fogger. We have owned one of those sprayers.

This is why Amazon is my friend. I hate the added cost of driving, and Amazon prime pays for itself.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would "like" that post, except that it seems like everything I want to get on Amazon isn't eligible for Prime. WTF, why even have it, then?
:p

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I use my families account, so technically I pay nothing. However, I usually find what I want on Prime, weird..... Including a fogger I was looking up the other day. However the paint gun isn't prime, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom