Few Questions Before I Start

• Thread starter Megachron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Megachron

ive got 9 x 20l pots and looking to do some autos!

Is 20l to big?? For an auto?

I'm also going to be using biobizz all mix used it before and thought it was alright, think it will be

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

No but dont go any bigger for an auto, thats like 5gal pot, it should yield more than a 3gal but 3gal does work good for autos

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

No more than 5 gal.. I recommend 3 gals.. when they are nearing the end of flower, the rootboundedness will yield better. My autos run in 3 gal fabrics. Just my 2 cents :)
I believe that, and 1 gal to each month of life so 3 gal pot makes sense. But i have seen 5 gal buckets yield up to a half oz more, but idk if thats worth all that extra dirt for autos and the pain in the a$$ movin 5 gal pots around

iKharon

iKharon

I believe that, and 1 gal to each month of life so 3 gal pot makes sense. But i have seen 5 gal buckets yield up to a half oz more, but idk if thats worth all that extra dirt for autos and the pain in the a$$ movin 5 gal pots around
Not only that, but its strain dependent too.. I have some Pex, white widow and haze2.0, and I'd be willing to bet the widow will yield the most. Only because I know what I yield on a reg Pex cut, and it could be better-certainly no blue dream or other heavy yielder.. but yeah bro.. either way you should be fine. :) that's all preference - no right or wrong here brother

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Can I start in 20l?
I wouldnt, thats alot of dirt to start a bean in, it would be easy to drown your little seedling, try starting them in a peat puck or something similar and then put them in the dirt after they pop and grow for a few days... and i know tons of people say not to transplant an auto because of shock/stress, hell even ive told people that but i know people have transplanted them before and so have i with no setbacks, but im like a brain surgeon when i transplant

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

No but dont go any bigger for an auto, thats like 5gal pot, it should yield more than a 3gal but 3gal does work good for autos
auto have a long tap root that likes to grow almost straight down with a auto in a smaller like the 3 gallon not so bad if u can get deeper rather then wider planter cloth smart pots work great for this

M

Megachron

I wouldnt, thats alot of dirt to start a bean in, it would be easy to drown your little seedling, try starting them in a peat puck or something similar and then put them in the dirt after they pop and grow for a few days... and i know tons of people say not to transplant an auto because of shock/stress, hell even ive told people that but i know people have transplanted them before and so have i with no setbacks, but im like a brain surgeon when i transplant

Allegedly it's fine to transplant them when they start to flower ive heard

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I would never tp when in or going to in to flower did it one time long a go and dead plant is what I got

tp it then let is set in veg for about a week

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Allegedly it's fine to transplant them when they start to flower ive heard
Idk about that, i would do it before it starts to flower, like start it in a small pot or solo cup and let it grow for 10-14 days maybe after it pops and then toss her in a 3gal or 5gal bucket

M

Megachron

Idk about that, i would do it before it starts to flower, like start it in a small pot or solo cup and let it grow for 10-14 days maybe after it pops and then toss her in a 3gal or 5gal bucket
I'm going to do that then

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

throw the dirt away, quick! Take a 5 gal bucket, and a 5 gal bucket lid filled with hydroton, or rock out your driveway, fill it up half way with water, add lucas formula or fnb at 25% first 2 weeks, and 50% next 2 weeks, and 75% the rest of the way. keep ph 5.8 Use hydrogaurd to protect roots.
Put air stone in bucket to keep water aerated.. your plants will be 5x the size of soil grown plants and you dont need to worry about buying all that ignorant soil stuff, and over watering or under watering..
If that seems to hard for you to build lol, or understand, i will be happy to build one for you completely ready to go, and ship it to you. Dwc bucket, ec meter, ph meter, lucas nutrients, and hydrogaurd for a complete grow... $100

or i will build you a rdwc system for 200, like the one below, and you pay for shipping...

20160908 003119
Top Bottom