Few Questions Before I Start

• Thread starter Megachron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tat2420

Tat2420

Can I start in 20l?
I would not. Slowly move up in container size as the roots need the space. You'll see more vigorous growth. Starting off in a larger container is gonna cause the plant to focus more on the roots than what's above ground.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I transplant autos, supercrop autos, and would have no problem topping a select few autos,, if in hydro! I wouldnt even touch a auto in soil... to me they dont mix because a auto is a race and soil is not the median to race in...
Soil to me is like missionary style, yes it gets the job done, but its not near as satisfying as hitting it from the back, esp when she gives you the holla back look :)

Tat2420

Tat2420

I transplant autos, supercrop autos, and would have no problem topping a select few autos,, if in hydro! I wouldnt even touch a auto in soil... to me they dont mix because a auto is a race and soil is not the median to race in...
Soil to me is like missionary style, yes it gets the job done, but its not near as satisfying as hitting it from the back, esp when she gives you the holla back look :)

Great points made here...I only grow hydro indoors. To me, soil is for outdoors. Hydro is also the best way To go with autos IMO as well.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I would not. Slowly move up in container size as the roots need the space. You'll see more vigorous growth. Starting off in a larger container is gonna cause the plant to focus more on the roots than what's above ground.
how many plants you grown? How many autos have you grown? Even tho your analogy about the plants is true, you understand that when roots are messed with they go thru a transitioning period, at which time that falter, if ever so slightly... so yes its better to up pot for root growth, you need to take into consideration its an auto, its soil, and he is greener than the green we are smoking... my advice in soil, with autos is 3 gal pot, watered once a week and allowed to dry thoroughly or you will experience undeveloped roots just as you mentioned...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

if you guy want to see a crazy auto for inspiration, here you go... 60 day auto was born on Christmas eve... Around 105 days old... its the middle plant. its in a dwc bucket. under t5 with hps on both sides. Its 5 foot tall and 5 foot wide... we are thinking it either pulled genetics from its landrace genology or it was a Frankenstein reaction to breeding autos... what ever the case, its a freaking mess to my whole grow room... I prob should of just chopped it so i can have my room back the way i want it laid out, but some members have made me realize that oddballs are cool and let it live out its 6 month(?) life....

WIN 20170323 20 06 00 Pro 2
WIN 20170323 20 06 00 Pro
WIN 20170323 20 06 01 Pro 2
WIN 20170323 20 06 01 Pro 3
WIN 20170403 19 52 44 Pro
WIN 20170403 19 52 46 Pro
Tat2420

Tat2420

I've been growing for 19 years.
Last 3 years 30 outdoor plants/ year
Just picked back up hydro this year, from about a decade break.
Yes I understand that the root mass does not like to be disturbed. But starting off in a 5 gal. Bucket is too much IMO wether it's auto or not.
As for autos my personal experience with them is minimal.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

how many plants you grown? How many autos have you grown? Even tho your analogy about the plants is true, you understand that when roots are messed with they go thru a transitioning period, at which time that falter, if ever so slightly... so yes its better to up pot for root growth, you need to take into consideration its an auto, its soil, and he is greener than the green we are smoking... my advice in soil, with autos is 3 gal pot, watered once a week and allowed to dry thoroughly or you will experience undeveloped roots just as you mentioned...
i just reread my posts,, sry if thatr came off argumentative, i didnt mean it that way brother.. my apologies if it came across that way..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've been growing for 19 years.
Last 3 years 30 outdoor plants/ year
Just picked back up hydro this year, from about a decade break.
Yes I understand that the root mass does not like to be disturbed. But starting off in a 5 gal. Bucket is too much IMO wether it's auto or not.
As for autos my personal experience with them is minimal.
well if it was in coco we would really have problems with that big of bucket! I just wouldnt use soil unless outside and then i would prob still do hydro... but watering is gonna be his hardest adjustment and hydro doesnt even have that problem... ppl think soil is easier and that is a bold face lie. I have done both and dwc bucket is the simplest way to grow weed that there is, minus maybe coco in dtw with top feed on a timer IMO

Tat2420

Tat2420

if you guy want to see a crazy auto for inspiration, here you go... 60 day auto was born on Christmas eve... Around 105 days old... its the middle plant. its in a dwc bucket. under t5 with hps on both sides. Its 5 foot tall and 5 foot wide... we are thinking it either pulled genetics from its landrace genology or it was a Frankenstein reaction to breeding autos... what ever the case, its a freaking mess to my whole grow room... I prob should of just chopped it so i can have my room back the way i want it laid out, but some members have made me realize that oddballs are cool and let it live out its 6 month(?) life....
i just reread my posts,, sry if thatr came off argumentative, i didnt mean it that way brother.. my apologies if it came across that way..
It's all good brother, we are all here to help and to get it. Or sometimes just to show off our green thumbs haha.

Man that auto is crazy. I have never seen one go like that...i was thinking of doing a run of 6 in DWC this coming winter.

Tat2420

Tat2420

well if it was in coco we would really have problems with that big of bucket! I just wouldnt use soil unless outside and then i would prob still do hydro... but watering is gonna be his hardest adjustment and hydro doesnt even have that problem... ppl think soil is easier and that is a bold face lie. I have done both and dwc bucket is the simplest way to grow weed that there is, minus maybe coco in dtw with top feed on a timer IMO
Haha your exactly right!!!
Soil presents so many more problems...especially for newbies who seem love water and nutes...
It takes nearly 6 months for my outdoor crop to ripen where me grow is...Hydro I'm about 120 days roughly from seed depending on strain.
No pests no overwatering no issues

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's all good brother, we are all here to help and to get it. Or sometimes just to show off our green thumbs haha.

Man that auto is crazy. I have never seen one go like that...i was thinking of doing a run of 6 in DWC this coming winter.
lol ya we call her Kray Kray here at the farm... lol she is more well known than i am.. we just all want to see how she finishes, if she ever does even lol..

Haha your exactly right!!!
Soil presents so many more problems...especially for newbies who seem love water and nutes...
It takes nearly 6 months for my outdoor crop to ripen where me grow is...Hydro I'm about 120 days roughly from seed depending on strain.
No pests no overwatering no issues
Exactly! Just watch ph... Ive got my dwc bucket and room so figured out that i can let the bucket drop down with out ec or ph moving for 3 days... In my system thats 4 buckets combined for rdwc, i can go a whole week, and thats in flower.
And in my 8 bucket system i have auto top off so i just readd my nutes about every 3 days, and that takes 5 mins and im back upstairs watching tv... Easy peasy..
hydrogaurd is a must tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tat2420

Tat2420

lol ya we call her Kray Kray here at the farm... lol she is more well known than i am.. we just all want to see how she finishes, if she ever does even lol..

Exactly! Just watch ph... Ive got my dwc bucket and room so figured out that i can let the bucket drop down with out ec or ph moving for 3 days... In my system thats 4 buckets combined for rdwc, i can go a whole week, and thats in flower.
And in my 8 bucket system i have auto top off so i just readd my nutes about every 3 days, and that takes 5 mins and im back upstairs watching tv... Easy peasy..
hydrogaurd is a must tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, hydroguard is a must. Right now I'm just running one bucket. So it's pretty simple. Change out water every Sunday with fresh nutes, plain water between feedings. You know the basics. But it's so easy. I ph at 5.8, it swings to 6.0 to 6.1 by the end of the 7 days but never had an issue.
I tend to stick with what works for me haha.
General hydroponics nutes and hydroguard.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah, hydroguard is a must. Right now I'm just running one bucket. So it's pretty simple. Change out water every Sunday with fresh nutes, plain water between feedings. You know the basics. But it's so easy. I ph at 5.8, it swings to 6.0 to 6.1 by the end of the 7 days but never had an issue.
I tend to stick with what works for me haha.
General hydroponics nutes and hydroguard.
me too!

Top Bottom