FF's journey into The Third Dimension

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

Sorry to hear about the fogger issues FF.....Your a smart dude though. You can reassess and give her another go sometime, IF you decide to give it another go, that is. No pressure here.

But on the upside, those girls are knotting up for ya aren't they? I like em. Are there any really odd traits or smells that you have noticed at this point?

F

FastForward

Cheers PGW....bit of a shame but it's all good. I'll get it sorted, it's just anything hydro/aero seems to be a lot harder for me to handle! Coco is the only method so far that loves me back :)

The 3Ds are starting to develop a smell - quite a bit more lemony citrus than the Pandora was at the moment, but the smells are still developing. 3D2 looks like she might yield - will be interesting to see how the buds fill in. Other than that, nothing that far out of the ordinary trait wise. Both girls like a good feed (EC1.7+) and will show some minor N deficiencies if you drop to 1.6 or below, but that's about it at this stage.

F

FastForward

Quick update - 3D3 is still looking very iffy so today I gave it a special mini drink to help revitalise her....1 litre of tapwater with 8ml rhizo and 5ml hygrozyme, and a dash of piranha powder, pH 5.5. Poured centrally so that the rootzone beneath gets soaked and hopefully fixed/stimulated....

F

FastForward

3D3 is in deep shit - still going but I'm writing her off....I just can't bring myself to killing her....(no photos, it's cruel and sad...!)

3D2 is rocking along - day 47 - pistils all white still so this pheno is looking like taking her time. The PM is around still, as you can see on one of the lower fans in the first photo. Have sprayed and it should clear up fast.

IMG 5844
IMG 5845
IMG 5846
IMG 5847
S

Silica

Hey FF nice work brother.
About those buds on the leaves ive had that before from too much superthrive.
Im not sure but it might be the zone you were using earlier??

F

FastForward

Hey FF nice work brother.
About those buds on the leaves ive had that before from too much superthrive.
Im not sure but it might be the zone you were using earlier??

Thanks S.....v. interesting about too much superthrive. I really don't use it that much, and not at all in flower. I tend to use 5 drops per 20l, which I think is way under recommended dose. I'll take some more shots tonight when lights go on but those mini leaf buds have developed a bit....like mini marbles with pistils, trichs and everything! Only small...but nicely weird :)

I've not seen the Zone do that to anything yet, and I've been using it liberally these days - the PM seems to always be around. The Snoe Sleeepaa's are the only other strain I have running and they've not shown it. I think it's a 3D mutation, and I think mine is a particularly sativa expression....quite lanky and thin fan leaves (and taking yonks!!).

Thank for stopping in

F

FastForward

Thanks guys. STL came over last night and had a smell of the 3D2 that is hanging atm and went ga-ga for the smell.....pineapple and tropical.....I then pulled out Sub's book to show him the taste description and he's loving life. Going to give him some of my seeds...I think 3D may have found a new fanboy :)

F

FastForward

FF.....exactly how many days did she take to finish?

She was the failed aero - 3D2 - that nearly died. I think I just about saved her in time, although yield is well down. The quality is there though....was done in 50 and shocked me how many ambers there were...about 60-70% when I chopped her at day 55 I think

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

lookin awesome FF! im about 25 days into flowering my 3d, looks like your #2 pheno. i also have had pm issues with thisbeauty already. what was your final yield?

F

FastForward

lookin awesome FF! im about 25 days into flowering my 3d, looks like your #2 pheno. i also have had pm issues with thisbeauty already. what was your final yield?

3D2 is still hanging....but I expect it to be well down. 3D3 is going to be pretty chunky, will update photos when lights come on later. 3D3 I'm fairly certain is an A13 dominant pheno....going to take some time I think.

F

FastForward

Alrighty - chopped 3D3 down tonight at 72 days (70 days plus 2 days darkness) and is now hanging. Photos below pre-chop, and the funky budding on a fan leaf (not brilliant macros, but you can get a good idea of what's happening).

Smell is very tropical fruit....really really sweet. Will post a smoke report up when she's ready for it.

Of the two phenos, 3D2 was the one to keep imho - the smoke was great and she was well amber in 50 something days. I have a feeling 3D3 will be the same, just longer. Anyone else who wants to grow a short flowering 3D should look for the shorter pheno with less stretch and more bushiness/closer internodes (this observation from only 2 plants, so YMMV and all that) but this one looks to be the yielder. Again, my 3D2 didn't get a full healthy life, so am clutching at straws here.

Photos:

IMG 6187
IMG 6188
IMG 6189
IMG 6190
IMG 6191
IMG 6192
IMG 6193
IMG 6195
IMG 6197
IMG 6199
IMG 6200
IMG 6201
IMG 6202
P

ProGroWannabe

Looks like some frosty goodness there bro! I think ya did a helluva job with these. The fogger experiment gave ya a few issues, but you pulled the grow off in fine style. Props to ya.

40AmpstoFreedom

Thanks guys. STL came over last night and had a smell of the 3D2 that is hanging atm and went ga-ga for the smell.....pineapple and tropical.....I then pulled out Sub's book to show him the taste description and he's loving life. Going to give him some of my seeds...I think 3D may have found a new fanboy :)

Hey FF nice grow! Thanks for posting good pics on this one. I see by the ductape all over your tent you have a Dark Room too eh lol? I have a DR150 and just got a Sun Hut silver 4x4 that sits right next to it. Way better quality btw if you hadn't seen some of my posts already.

I see you got some PM issues? I'm gonna shoot you a pm instead of posting it all here as this is much better suited to the plants, but maybe I can help you with that a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom