Filling the gap this run

• Thread starter DankNugz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Hey all I have a small problem, had to destroy 3 plants I had planned on flowering very soon so now I have 4 big plants to flower but still want to fill the gap to use as much tent space as I can. I was thinking of doing a mini SOG with clones on one end of tent just to fill the gap.
How long from when I cut clones will I be able to flip to flower? What's best pot size for doing that? Any suggestions or tips?

4x8 tent, pro mix hp, gh flora trio plus calmag, well water

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Nope I should really do some super cropping anyway, good thinking bud! I gotta get my rear in gear and do it lol. I'll see how far I can stretch out the 4 biggins, I'll most likely still have extra space tho

Jakecan

Jakecan

I mean unless you can get a clone rooted super fast but even then... I worry that your big plants would get to big and out of control and would eventually cause you more issues.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Right, 3 of the 4 bigones were vegged for 2 runs cuz I couldn't run them all last flower run due to a beastly 4x3.5 foot spread hydro plant last run lol. For indica dom plants they're already taller than I'd like but i still have some room to play with specially after i super crop them.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Well turns out I actually almost didn't have room for 4 lol the 3 tall ones on left were long veg like 5 months with heavy neglect, the wide one on right is death star that is like 4 month old I think but did most its growing last 3 months since i got it, it was tiny when I got it like less than a foot. The deathstar wants to be big lol it's almost 4x4 itself, crazy lookin trunk too. Super cropped to even canopy out, flipping to flower soon. I'll set up strings or net later in flower
20210709 173726
20210709 173809

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm in the same situation with 2 plants right now. Been letting them go too long so now some decision needs to be made.
Everything looks great, I think cleaning out the undersides like you did was the right call.

If your not flipped quite yet, just give them a little more veg time directly under the lights and you should have some massive producers.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Thanks man! Yea decisions decisions lol, I'll give em a few days to settle in and fill the canopy out the rest of the way then flip. Im done messing with larf lol going for lollipop and full flat canopy with minimal undercarriage stuff, big solid top buds is where it's at!

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Hey all day 2 of flower, I didn't really want to but I decided to do a moderate day 0 schwazze to kinda try to keep stretch to a minimum since I don't have much room overhead again, plus there was leaves stacking on each other and sweating. They are filling leaves back in quickly. Next run im gona try to keep em in check more so I can try starting flower with a full canopy and not worry about hitting the lights lol.

On another note, I have 5 clones (5 lived 7 rooted but died) that are over 3 months old that didn't do squat until a couple weeks ago lol 3 lemon meringues finally taking off kinda. They were some screwy genetics, 3 varieties I popped from bag seed. They all wanted to flower under 24 hours light. I actually got 2 successful photoperiod runs from them (seed run then clone run) but after that it's like the next clones timed out. They rooted but never really did much. They look kinda nasty but hey they're trying finally lol, I think I might either up pot to 1 gal and set em outside or just up the cup size and add them to the tent run.. I dunno if they'll even be worth the time tho, i wasn't that impressed with the lemon as it was super leafy instead of dense, both runs.. decisions decisions lol
Anyways here's the before and after schwazze. 5 days after super cropping to level out the tops. Always looks scary after heavy defol but they kick newer leaves out pretty quick. Probly won't even be able to tell in 2 weeks lol
Also the old clones pic, tallest is 17 inches from top of cup, cups are 4 inches tall, smaller than regular solo cups.
20210714 145702
20210714 145715
20210714 183103
20210714 183112
20210716 150024

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Day 4 flower and they're filling back in nicely. One thing to keep in mind is when you defoliate heavily, it draws back the water uptake big time for a few days so gotta check how dry the pots are before watering again to avoid over watering. I was feeding every other day but now it's been 3 some days and they're still a lil heavy so I'll either feed later today or maybe tomorrow depending on how light they are in a few hours.
20210718 122243
20210718 122258

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

This is one of the first signs to me that they are thirsty when the lower leaves droop, it's one reason I leave a few lower "cheater" leaves lol tells me when they are thirsty but also first to show any problems I think too
20210718 183649

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, I find they drop also from lack of sunlight sometimes, it seems.
I think your looking good in here pretty soon I would flip them soon. The ones in flower look great.

As long as your leaves are oriented upward, and engaged, and you see some new growth, I say go for it. Waiting is only going to work against you here.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Thanks man, yea they definitely droop from lack of light too, I have noticed they droop a bit more when thirsty. The one closest to the fans is always first to show too lol that wind dries em out quicker. I flipped them to flower 12/12 the day I did the heavy defoliation, today was day 4 of flower

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

The dumpy little old clones I think im just gonna put outside to bud. They shouldn't get very big if I keep ontop of them

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Sup y'all, day 7 of flower and all's well I do believe, they look pretty happy so far. I have the 2 viparspectra p1000's over the deathstar set to about 50% right now, might bump it up a tad soon after I raise light height some
20210722 131422
20210722 131443
20210722 131452
20210722 131500

Just for the heck of it I stuffed a couple cuts in the medium of one of the flower girls when I trimmed last and they're still alive lol I sprayed them right before the pic
20210722 131517

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I probly still have enough room on either side of the big fan to do that, just gotta add a shelf or somethin

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Can any trained eyes out there gimme some opinions on these big flower plants plz, they look good to me but I haven't really been doin this very long lol I have noticed some leaves are a lil different like the death star (big one on right under viparspectra) still makes some 3 points but tbh it's a clone from a cloned clones clone lol I have no idea how old this actual strain is as far as when it was originally cut

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Since i started growing I've fed each 5 gal pot with 2 gallons each and achieved 5 to 15% runoff, then it took 5 to 7 days before they were thirsty again. This run im splitting 5 gallons between 4 plants in the same pots same medium (promix hp) and no run off, now they get thirsty every other day. The plants look healthier than any previous run so far I think, as far as leave tip burn and vigor. I actually neglected the hell out of these things in veg too. Couldn't tell you how many times I checked on em and they looked about dead cuz I missed watering lol but they always come back hard even when they look like they're toast.

30roll

30roll

I'd get those lights maxed out.. The sun doesn't dim for small plants..
I have 4-VS XS2000's that have been 100% since like week 3 of veg..
This will also up the heat a bit which will cause the plants to process more nutes for growth..

just my 2 cents..

Top Bottom