Filter/exhaust Fan Size

• Thread starter Kepp89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
New school

New school

I'm running 2 carbon filters 4 inch 200cfm connected by 4 inch pvc to a 6 inch 420cfm inline fan. One filter per cabinet for 2 years now. No smell and constant negative pressure.
20190217 151806

H

hawkman

there is a formula to figure it - need to figure the "cfm's" of you space - forget the formula , will find and post it

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Dude that’s awesome. I had no idea. I’ve been looking around for virgin carbon to do just that but if you can recondition your existing coal that would be even better. I’ll give that a try. I got a couple filters that will need something in a couple months.
I've purchased the Australian virgin charcoal in the past. Decent price. I used it to refill a small 4". Working great in my hang dry cabinet. Use just a cheap 4" duct fan from HD. Keeps the stink non existent.
I've recently realized the larger one is beginning to be failing. I'll be trying @oldskol4evr torch method soon before buying new. Stress is on. Neighbor house is on the market. Open house is always interesting with an aroma in the breeze.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I've purchased the Australian virgin charcoal in the past. Decent price. I used it to refill a small 4". Working great in my hang dry cabinet. Use just a cheap 4" duct fan from HD. Keeps the stink non existent.
I've recently realized the larger one is beginning to be failing. I'll be trying @oldskol4evr torch method soon before buying new. Stress is on. Neighbor house is on the market. Open house is always interesting with an aroma in the breeze.
i got a rose bud that goes on the end of a reg torch,about 1 inch wide flattened down to about a 1/8th in gap,sweep it over the coal slowly if you see a white ash back off,you could probally do a better job with a regular colinder used for pastas,be quicker,it has a gleem to it at first ,you will see the old shit coming off,just dont sweep to you get ash,mine lasted a while done it twice,just used self tapping screws to put back together,what i do is swap ends of the can,mine has screws on both ends,majority of your smell is going threw the first 4inches of the can,flop ends use that end ,then burn it off,they have got real proud of them filters since i first started,hell i got a 400 watt hid light,MH bulb hps bulb 2 ratchet straps timer and temp gauge all in a pack ,cost under a hundred bucks,same setup close to 200 now, had a buddy gift me a skunk clone,i didnt know it ,started the grow and 2 weeks in veg that bitch got to stanking,hell broke loose and mama bought me a new filter hahahah,ive done same to it since then lmao

Top Bottom