finally found a REAL skunk BO funk!!!!

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
clockworx

clockworx

You found a plant that smells like Amoxicillin?? I want that! That's one of my all time favorite smells. The bubblegum medicine smell.

You found it in the Skunk Classic seeds?
Yeah identical to the god awful pink medicine. I found it in a pack of delicious northern blue (3 very impressive keepers/great seeds). I don't talk much about most of the hunts I've done because most growers seem to only care about the latest "clone-only". I can say that 90% of my keepers came from crazy stock you would never expect... If I lived in Cali I would probably be the same, out here you gotta hunt seeds or not grow, we have no clone trade.... It's a gift and a curse...

clockworx

clockworx

Another few of the skunk seeds...
20140909 021501
20140909 021451
20140909 021424

N

Neville H.

Yeah identical to the god awful pink medicine. I found it in a pack of delicious northern blue (3 very impressive keepers/great seeds). I don't talk much about most of the hunts I've done because most growers seem to only care about the latest "clone-only". I can say that 90% of my keepers came from crazy stock you would never expect... If I lived in Cali I would probably be the same, out here you gotta hunt seeds or not grow, we have no clone trade.... It's a gift and a curse...
I wonder how often that smell pops up in the line. What did the others smell like?

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

Sam the skumkman is the one that turned the skunks fruity instead of putrid.... Worst breeding move ever.... I will never lose this one.... It's the only bud that REALLY taste special to me.... It's just so thick that it literally coats your mouth with oil... Og kush and others like her are overrated to me...

congrats on the RKS find, thanks for the report on the seed. Did they stink as small plants in veg?

B

barefoot

look forward to more clockworx........and Sam is another story in itself.................

be interesting to see how true-breeding this project will be............and Stoney has good question....................stinky babies..............................?

ganj on.....................

bibishko

bibishko

Would you please give more info on the pheno you found? I see those seeds are fem, so any hermie issues? Would you rate the potency from 1 to 10? How much are you pulling per m2 and with how much lights? I guess you are using SOG with this one. Did you grow it outdoors and is it mould resistant?

clockworx

clockworx

OK let me try and answer some of the questions.... The delicious seeds northern lights blue seeds were all amazing, there is something special about every plant I found. The pink medicine smell was 1 of 10 but all were super dank and smelled great, awesome seedz.... As for setup and yield for the skunks, I'm under 1000s for bloom in 4gal pots. I'm not growing sog, I aim to get all my plants 3-4 feet tall after stretch with anywhere from 5-10 tops. The skunks are HEAVY and have been giving me about 5oz per plant in 50/50 coco forest. I've been switching between base nutrients,, either house and garden soil a+b or cyco a+b. I always use pro silicate and liquid kool bloom. That skunk pheno was an average veg speed and didn't need to be close to the light in veg or bloom, too much N will ramhorn the leaves quick, plants with that dark waxy green look hold their N very well normally. It has a good root system also. I don't remember too many details from earlier because I just have way to much going on strain wise and the soil mix allows me to kinda forget about things in veg to be honest.. If you have more questions feel free to ask.... Good luck to those that purchased seeds, I'm excited it see what you guys find....

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

I want to believe you. Send me a sample, i've actually grown and smoked true RKS, i can verify... no report about stinking when they are young has me highly suspicious.

G

gerardbutler79

It's funny how every grow I read about people say " man the smell of pineapple grapefruit is over powering " or something along those lines.... After growing for more then 15 years I call bullshit on most, I have to really hunt for a proper smelling pheno, 1 outta maybe 50 plants have a strong fragrance yet most seem to get them with every grow.. For a while I thought I was doing something wrong but soon realized that if a plant smells it smells and most people were just full of shit...

nice thread clockworx.. I'm wondering if you've run the skunk line called "shit" from mr nice and didn't find a stinker?

clockworx

clockworx

Lol. There will be no "samples " air mailed.... I would like to think my reputation shows me as an honest person, I've never been the one to say "I got this cut and that cut" . Ive also been growing and smoking for decades and feel confident I can spot a armpit skunk a mile away. It's one of the few plants I can identify blindfolded... With that said, I'm not a salesmen, I found what I've been hunting for and just ended a frustrating hunt after many years... I only share this info for others who are about to give up searching, in hopes I can help someone... If you don't believe, o well...

clockworx

clockworx

nice thread clockworx.. I'm wondering if you've run the skunk line called "shit" from mr nice and didn't find a stinker?
Thanks man... And no I haven't ran "shit". ... Tbh I'm done running anything called skunk and any variation of.. I've found enough fruit bs to last me a lifetime... This pack was a last ditch effort and I got super lucky, so yea I'm done....

william76

william76

Thanks man... And no I haven't ran "shit". ... Tbh I'm done running anything called skunk and any variation of.. I've found enough fruit bs to last me a lifetime... This pack was a last ditch effort and I got super lucky, so yea I'm done....
Good on you pal,for some the search continues,but at least we know where to look now,and I think it's highly possible,skunkmans bound to have kept some of the stinky stuff,to valuable not to have,easily could have given tfd some seeds,theyve worked together on numerous projects(includeing skunks)so I think I'll take a look at some too if I can,all the best,76

clockworx

clockworx

As for the "no report on stinking when their young" comment.... When you have a room of about 50 strains and clones from people I still haven't ran that were given to me more then a year ago you lose track of things.... It's not like when I was 16 and had 5 plants that I would sit in a chair and watch for a whole light cycle lol... I would smell them everyday and mist them, it was so exciting.... Now they get put into pots and placed in the jungle with a drip line, when they are nice size I grab them and jam them in another room with a drip line, it's not till late flower I really get a good look at them and even then I don't really stick my nose in a bud... Anyone growing indoors with a bunch of strains will say the same thing, it's an assembly line at this point....

Top Bottom