Finally Hit The Big Leagues 1.5 plus GPW

• Thread starter darkpink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
darkpink

darkpink

Ok, Just like the title says. 1.5 Grams per watt. I thought ide never achive this!

A little back ground and ill tell you how i did this and run through my setup with you guys.

My first grows were Hydro specificly DWC/RDWC with a 175 watt metal halide bulb 12000k. This bulb was made for aquarium/coral use, Iwasaki aqua 2 bulb specificly powered with Ice Cap e ballast. I uped my lighting to 400watt using this method, average was the same.

With this setup i would average .4 gpw, I thought I was the shit, lol. After awhile i tore everything down and started from scratch taking what ive learned and looking to get the most of my space, a dedicated 10'x11' room. Hydro was becoming alot of work at times and lots of cash going into nutrients for the large resivors.

I came up with a plan.

I went with a dedicated 6'x6' flower tent, 1000 watts hps cool tube lighting(one 600, one 400) split and hung centered in each area, 3'x6'. Includes fans/exhaust and any other misc. control items normally used.

Because supplemental light is not intense like the sun i flowerd the plants after only 1 week of vege, 3 weeks total from cut clones to flower day. This kept the plants smaller in stature and allows the plants to absorb more light as they grow bigger, ass opposed to packing the tent with 1-3 footers from start you end up with only top bud.

36 plants, one tent all coco. every watering/feeding i rotated the plants back taking the centerd plants that had been under the lamps and put them in the back,then taking the back and put them centered under the lamps. This rotation is about every 3-4 days or so. A bit of work when your up all day working and then come home tired and have to water 36 plants by hand and rotate but deffinatly well worth the little time invested into this grow. Eventually i bought a Large resivor and mixed nutes night before. depending on theyre size and consumption i would water more or less. about 1 ltr for the first bloom watering then as they got bigger maybee more and just picking up the pots and feeling out the weight, when coco is dry you will know it. I want to get light movers now so i wont have to rotate the pots from front to back, just not sure how that would work with cool tubes!?

After 2 grows like this with coco i now harvest more then 1.5oz per plant x 36 plants = 54 plus Ounces and 3.375 lb all in a single 6'x6' tent....Cha Ching!

i now have everything in one room clone/veg/bloom, plus extra space for storage for coco containers.

The biggest problem i ran into with coco is the PH "factory adjusted", theyre full of crap. If you use it straight out the bag you will have problems with ph. I use Botanicare 5kg bricks and the ph is 3.8-4.0. I knew what the problem was from the first grow right off, then tested the coco and confirmed this. I now put the coco into a large container and make a soupy slothy mix where the coco is in water and let it stew in properly ph adjusted water i mix up testing each day until it stabilizes mixing until use. ppm out the bag was about 200-220.

Now i can already hear it, "canna canna canna", canna bro you wont have that problem. well i did use canna my first grow and with that in mind canna is nicly refined and almost ready to use from the bag but way WAY overly priced! now i have nothing against canna or its users, if it works for you then great but at $30 per 50ltr bag is like getting ass raped, its unnecessary.

Also somtimes i think coco can hold to much water for its own good and can lead to overwatering if your a biginner. Botanicare coco is slightly more of a coarse grind but has a nice texture aswell and i believe aids in a tad bit more drainage, so i stuck with botanicare, oo did i mention its $12 a 5kg brick, 60-70 ltr and i pay $10 ea brick very well worth the cost. i also recycle all my coco for reuse now.

Peace:pimp:

sebastien420

sebastien420

1.5 gpw is huge!!!! sry but we need pics...im not trying to start anything....just next thing u know, you'll be saying u got over 4lbs just with a 400w and a 600w. just because u added light movers...u see where im going with this... i could just say my dick is so long it rub on the ground when i walk...picture prove everything and usually shut people right up and leave em wordless.

Cort

Cort

1.5 gpw is huge!!!! sry but we need pics...im not trying to start anything....just next thing u know, you'll be saying u got over 4lbs just with a 400w and a 600w. just because u added light movers...u see where im going with this... i could just say my dick is so long it rub on the ground when i walk...picture prove everything and usually shut people right up and leave em wordless.

I would just ask how your legs got chopped off and where you got shoes to fit your nubs

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I thought when you weighed the weed it was supposed to be dried......:pimp:

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey darkpink:

Just one question; When you upped it from 175watts to 400 watts you saw no increase in yield you say. When you went from 400watts to 1kw your all the sudden over a 300% increase in yield. Sounds peculiar.
What variety, and what nutes?

And why only use a 1/3rd of your 10'x11' room?

darkpink

darkpink

roughly the same, no significant increase. never over .5 gpw. when i increased the lighting, i installed a larger RDWC unit 8 sites total. and it took up a good portion of the room. I always felt struggled with these grows. enviornment was defficient, light was lost, constant maintenance.

i probly would have gone coco alot sooner had the guy at the hydro shop not talked me out of it, "anything in soilless medium youll have to water 3 times a day". i work full time and have family life aswell no way could i do that and didnt want to exchange poison for poison at that point, i thought anyway, boy was i wrong, so was the hydro shop guy. finally i grabed one bag of canna coco spontaniously with no plans for it. i avoid that guy at the shop now.

With the tent i have more control and its easier to mantain more of a controlled enviornment as oppossed to an open room. There are so many reasons why this is beneficial, especially in my case (i live in the desert), its extremely hot and extremely dry. Temperature fluctuations are high 30 deg at night, 80 deg in the day now and humidity alone sucks you dry at 10% average.

I would have liked to go all out and make this room the elite flower room like some others ive seen here but i need everything in one room, i have kids and family over all the time. I didnt want to go overboard on the utilities, Trying to be stealth about everything much as possible. thats why i kept the lighting at 1k wattt cool tubes. i have lots of family over and need to keep everything under one room. we have dinners, the kids come over and play and nobody knows, or even suspects anything, big house. I started all this as a fun side project if you will with one plant and now i have an entire room filled.

i expected an increase but not at that rate. Im not entirely sure what the two strains are exactly as they were given to me by another grower intown and everytime i ask him "he cant remember", figures.

nutes are fox farm, house and garden, along with humic, cal mag, benies, hygrozyme,honey, mollasses and other misc products. somtimes a shot of insta green if needed

i didnt anticipate to post this online so it kinda goes unprepared for photos and such right now but i will take some soon so please be patient.

I know some of you guys want pics. ill document this next grow comming up with a couple photos for the skeptics.

Hey darkpink:

Just one question; When you upped it from 175watts to 400 watts you saw no increase in yield you say. When you went from 400watts to 1kw your all the sudden over a 300% increase in yield. Sounds peculiar.
What variety, and what nutes?

And why only use a 1/3rd of your 10'x11' room?

GhostFace

GhostFace

you follow up everyones request for pics with another page of blah blah....pics say it all! :ninja

frenetic

frenetic

Sounds like you got a nice setup with a nice strain there. Is it an indica leaning strain or sativa leaning? Do you do any training once you flower or just single cola plants?... ignore the negative comments haters gonna hate..

darkpink

darkpink

Thanks bro,

Yeah that Neg stuff doesnt bother me. was just trying to relay my results to everyone. Didnt think ide need a collage of documented photos on power point. I dont believe i am the only one that has accomplished these results, especially because i havent been growing my whole life. I dont have a million dollar indoor grow room with all the bells and whistles. I got this early flowering idea from a grower on youtube limbolimbo69 i think his name was. Credit goes out to him for my success, Thank you!

1st strain seems indica dominant with big broad leaves, short internodal spacing and leaves stacked like pancakes with crazy THICK white pistol hairs like a No. 2 pencil. Very stocky kolas if flowered right. These buds are so thick and dense its incredible! Stems are super thick and like bamboo super strong they hold the weight of the buds no problem with no assistance. From the research ive done it seems like this strains sits close to bubblelicious, but this is just speculation from reading on similar characteristics off Nirvanas web site. Clones take longer to root (few days), and can take a punch of nutes with no problems, more i give it the thicker it gets. Finishes about 54 days.

The 2nd strain is more open and lanky. more light is able to disperse around the plant hitting all bud sites evenly. Leaves are thinner, node sets are further apart and more pale green, i give this strain a shot of nitrogen mid flower. The white pistol hairs are dense, super long and thin with more hairs compard to the first strain. Buds are large and fluffy/semi dense if pumped up with pk/carbs/sugars (one ounce looks like two of finished product). Stems get weaker as the buds swell through flowering, i might prop these up with spikes as they become overly droopy. Super sticky and sweet smelling. These buds are so sugary it looks like i wet them and rolled them in sugar. First grow with this strain i wasnt pleased, harvest and appearance sucked IMO. following grows i pushed it to the max with everything i had and it is now my prized favorite, i almost killed this strain off, growing tired of its failure, i was failing it! Roots very fast (days before the first), drinks a ton of water and nutes, i end up watering these more often. Couldnt find any related characteristics when i researches this strain.

Friend i got them from doesnt know what strains he has, hes been growing for over 30yrs. Hes like 60 yrs old, lol. Hes grumpy shit somtimes, and when i ask hes all "who the fuck cares its some good shit and thats all that matters". Most ive got from him is MAYBEE, gran daddy purple, Sour Diesel or train wreck.

No training anymore. ive done super crop, low stress and dont like any of it indoors. Now I pinch off the top node during flower after i start seeing new growth, usually in the first week. Every plant has two thick top kolas and buds popping from the sides. because i flower young they stay shorter, wider, denser with buds.

Fuck, i wish i knew what strains they were. Hope someone can help with that. Ill try and find some photos i took awhile back.

Sounds like you got a nice setup with a nice strain there. Is it an indica leaning strain or sativa leaning? Do you do any training once you flower or just single cola plants?... ignore the negative comments haters gonna hate..

F

FromGROtoFLO

hahaha guy doesnt even know his strains and claims 1.5gpw??? Why is this post even still up? The pro's get 2.5-3lb a light, it's very apparent you are not a professional.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
1.5 gpw is easily possible using a large number of plants, within a perfectly controlled environment. Strain>environment>grower experience>nutes. Lets all wait for the pictures. I know uk growers that achieve this!

G81

Top Bottom