Finally

• Thread starter Srenots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Srenots

Srenots

just got it, 8 Gallon pot....ran white vinegar to clean ....then a run of water to rinse....works pretty good....but the design of the coil needs sum fabrication , in the works of putting adapters with ball valves to hook to faucet and keep water circulating to keep cold...those lil 3/8 lines work, but not enuff for cooling

Srenots

Srenots

I've never ran a stil, always been beer and wine man, and splash of Tequila.lol
I've never ran a stil, always been beer and wine man, and splash of Tequila.lol

yep , u could run ur wine till its done, then run thru one of these and make brandy or what not.... can also put apples and cinnamon er whatever in the thumper for flavoring....gonna put it thru its paces and see what it does... should be good.....u have a Hydrometer?

chemistry

chemistry

yep , u could run ur wine till its done, then run thru one of these and make brandy or what not.... can also put apples and cinnamon er whatever in the thumper for flavoring....gonna put it thru its paces and see what it does... should be good.....u have a Hydrometer?

Yes, have Hydrometer and test jar, fucked the last lot up, was busy and it's gravity dropped to 998, not a lot under a thousand, but enough to make it a little to dry. I also filter my wine though filter pads, got a Vinbrite filter kit, does wine and spirits. I watched the moonshiners video you put up, and I liked the fact you can flavour your hooch.

Srenots

Srenots

ya...if u start with 12-15 % , and run thru this.....u will be happy, picked up sum Anise Stars, 1 ounce was $2.99, wood chips(light or dark), cinnamon sticks, all kinds of sht u can do...check into bro , plenty of vids to learn sup on tube

Srenots

Srenots

Yes, have Hydrometer and test jar, fucked the last lot up, was busy and it's gravity dropped to 998, not a lot under a thousand, but enough to make it a little to dry. I also filter my wine though filter pads, got a Vinbrite filter kit, does wine and spirits. I watched the moonshiners video you put up, and I liked the fact you can flavour your hooch.
also...use more sugar if u want sweet, dry is less sugar....u prob already know that tho ... recipe here is 3 gallons water, 1 gallon smashed up fruit, 5 lbs sugar, 1 1/2 packs of yeast ( from store Fleshmans) ... what ur recipe for wine?

chemistry

chemistry

also...use more sugar if u want sweet, dry is less sugar....u prob already know that tho ... recipe here is 3 gallons water, 1 gallon smashed up fruit, 5 lbs sugar, 1 1/2 packs of yeast ( from store Fleshmans) ... what ur recipe for wine?

At the minute I'm using 3lb of fruit to 2lb of sugar, to a gallon of water. Using basic wine yeast, and a yeast booster, bit of pectolytic enzyme to break down the fruit, and bingo, in the bubbler.

Srenots

Srenots

At the minute I'm using 3lb of fruit to 2lb of sugar, to a gallon of water. Using basic wine yeast, and a yeast booster, bit of pectolytic enzyme to break down the fruit, and bingo, in the bubbler.
hehe...nice, ya that will run real good in a still... just use 6 gallon buckets here with check valve...Blueberry and Blackberry and Rasberry is free fruit round here...mascadines is reall good as well...plum is sum of the best made so far, sounds weird but it turned out fantastic.....and Black Cherry .....hell, dun alot of diff flavs so far over the years, buddy ran strawberry couple years ago and ended up smelling like peach....was the weirdest dam thing but true... ole mother nature

chemistry

chemistry

Yep, Plum is a good fruit to use. Got this one on the go at the minute, Apricot, 1 gallon of.
100 7889

Next I'm doing the next 5 gallons in one hit, seems easier to balance the flavour than with just the one gallon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom