Finally

• Thread starter Srenots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dbear180

Dbear180

Maaaaan all morning I have been looking out windows & looking for the cops cuz I keep hearing what I think is the chirp chirp sound of sirens (to get your attention or before they put em to full on wail)....turns out it's the water in my fish tank splashing/bubbling 🤣 idk how it's making the noise but it's doing something just right & its been driving me nuts!

You can hear it a few times in the last 8 seconds or so

Last edited:
Srenots

Srenots

Hyper Cherry Mayo coming along nicely ... and his clones are rooted for next run

Ws4uhypercherrymayo3120

Ws4uhypercherrymayothrichs3120

Ws4uclonesrootedfornextround3120

Dbear180

Dbear180

Jesus. I want to show my painters and detailers these photos. Well done.

Haha thanks man, love makin those mirrors! Idk if I have any fresh paint vids that dont have my ugly mug in them as well lol but I'll take a look. If you need someone to train people I can do that too, ran the buff & detail dept for a few years @ a 500k+ a month shop before I learned how to paint. I got a lil burned out & took some time off tho, gotta get back to workin soon.

Dbear180

Dbear180

@Dbear180
I have a ton of paint/bodywork/Detailing equipment if your ever in need. 20yrs exp under my belt.

I'm in need of a job more than anything else right now lol. I'm going to get away from production shops tho, the pay is starting to go downhill for anything that isnt custom. Industry is being taken over by corporations that just wanna suck us dry as skilled laborers...

I'm platinum certified in I car & a certified Axalta refinish technician for the next five years. I deal with a few of the top ten deadliest neurotoxins known to man (sprayed at an atomized level at that) on a daily basis & these places are trying to hit me with an hourly rate that isnt much higher than flippin burgers @ McDonald's... 🤦‍♂️

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

If you were local to the detroit area, I could get you into the show car aspect for Gm or Chrysler. I did the auto show carts, pre/post production, movie set cars, 1-off models, etc for about 10yrs.

During show car season, expect to work 80+hrs a week, 7 days for 8 months of the year or longer.

Dbear180

Dbear180

And of course you get paid overtime, holiday pay, vacation, double time on sundays.

Man that would be great with that type of work, I dont mind being busy as long as I'm being paid lol. I got stuck doing so many stupid things for free because they hired one bad manager after another who just did not comprehend how to run a shop at all or explain to a customer "we never worked on that part of your car"... unless I'm on my absolute last leg I'll never work for Caliber again, it's a huge company but they're so focused on just a mass takeover they hire shit people to run the shops. I have fam in Michigan & Ohio, thought about heading out that way, be a nice change from California... until it snows lol.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Man that would be great with that type of work, I dont mind being busy as long as I'm being paid lol. I got stuck doing so many stupid things for free because they hired one bad manager after another who just did not comprehend how to run a shop at all or explain to a customer "we never worked on that part of your car"... unless I'm on my absolute last leg I'll never work for Caliber again, it's a huge company but they're so focused on just a mass takeover they hire shit people to run the shops. I have fam in Michigan & Ohio, thought about heading out that way, be a nice change from California... until it snows lol.
Literally sitting in my office at a Caliber location. This place is a cesspit. We went from privately owned with a stellar reputation for 50 years to a literal hack shop. Pulled PPG out of here.. swapped in Axalta. Never seen a paint line with more issues.

For anyone out there - DO NOT take your car to any Caliber location.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Haha thanks man, love makin those mirrors! Idk if I have any fresh paint vids that dont have my ugly mug in them as well lol but I'll take a look. If you need someone to train people I can do that too, ran the buff & detail dept for a few years @ a 500k+ a month shop before I learned how to paint. I got a lil burned out & took some time off tho, gotta get back to workin soon.
Damn fine quality from what I can see. Which paint line were you spraying?

Dbear180

Dbear180

The Cadillac was ppg, ford was sikkens. Both waterbase color. It took some practice to get used to Axalta but I got the hang of it pretty good, I liked their color decks, colors hit almost spot on everytime, & spraying the color was faster in the booth; but it took longer to dry so it wasnt any faster in the long run.

I'll look for some of those vids. My paint rep really liked me lol. He only came to help me out maybe once every few months with weird or new colors. Told me lots of guys all across the region had issues adjusting to it...

HiDaze

HiDaze

The Cadillac was ppg, ford was sikkens. Both waterbase color. It took some practice to get used to Axalta but I got the hang of it pretty good, I liked their color decks, colors hit almost spot on everytime, & spraying the color was faster in the booth; but it took longer to dry so it wasnt any faster in the long run.

I'll look for some of those vids. My paint rep really liked me lol. He only came to help me out maybe once every few months with weird or new colors. Told me lots of guys all across the region had issues adjusting to it...

I've heard similar stories. Some guys really like Axalta. I have a chip on my shoulder over the switch so take what I say about it with a bit of salt lol Lost my painter of 7 years due to the switch. 5 days of Axalta reps trying to push some of the most horrendous work broke him. Went to private shop 7 miles south and never looked back.

On the flip side his replacement came in and busted ass learning the line. Over the last month and a half we're hitting our stride again.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I've heard similar stories. Some guys really like Axalta. I have a chip on my shoulder over the switch so take what I say about it with a bit of salt lol Lost my painter of 7 years due to the switch. 5 days of Axalta reps trying to push some of the most horrendous work broke him. Went to private shop 7 miles south and never looked back.

On the flip side his replacement came in and busted ass learning the line. Over the last month and a half we're hitting our stride again.

A lot of it is technique & moving in a wave not letting it dry until you are completely done, I didn't do exactly what the trainer told me after he left, he was from Georgia & our weather is 2 completely dif worlds.
Axalta paint job... Idk why but my other videos got messed up & wont load...

I will still shoot sikkens or ppg on my own stuff. Old rep was a cool dude, hooked me up when I needed it...
20200302 144933

HiDaze

HiDaze

Gotta say that's the best Axalta job I have ever seen. Would never have believed it was possible lol wish I had photos of the sprays their reps were trying to sell. Solvent pop and horrendous color matching. Almost comical.

Big props to you. Talent goes a long way in this industry. You have a booth at home?

Dbear180

Dbear180

Gotta say that's the best Axalta job I have ever seen. Would never have believed it was possible lol wish I had photos of the sprays their reps were trying to sell. Solvent pop and horrendous color matching. Almost comical.

Big props to you. Talent goes a long way in this industry. You have a booth at home?

Damn dude thanks! Got me thinking maybe I should go try to be a rep! Or at least get my shit back together & keep painting... when I left my last shop it was just such a bad after taste I wanted to bail on the industry completely. One of my teachers is a glass guy now for the same reason, bad shop after bad shop with poor management just kills the motivation...

let you in on a secret, previous manager of a shop I was at before I quit, literally a gas station attendant who sucked the right d enough that the regional hired her to be a shop manager...she had absolutley no clue how a shop should run. Ran that place into the ground for a year before they canned her for fraud. I painted her expedition completely on the shops dollar because she told me to, little did I know all of it was fraudulent paperwork...
Bet you never heard about an employee cooking meth in one of the booths on the weeknd at a caliber either? Company has so many little dark secrets they make go away with money its crazy.

Top Bottom