First 2x2 hello ! Closet grow

• Thread starter Happyreefing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

I ended up learning a lot last night, so knowing that my lovely girl has not been triggered to flower yet I decided to adjust the light cycle to 12/12 and I checked everything every two hours last night to make sure that everything is going to be OK on nights that I am not able to check it because I do not want to disturb during the dark cycle. After checking every two hours last night starting at 12 midnight, I realized very quickly that I need to turn my humidifier off before the lights go out so that I can maintain the relative humidity desired throughout the evening as well as temperature after my little test last night it looks like we will be good to continue moving into flower cycle today with no risk of any issues , lights coming on at 12 noon today pics to come , central time 😊
I like your scrog net! i need to make something strong like that instead of the cheap stretchy nylon ones on amazon.

You are doing good! I am new myself and just learned a good scrog tip for you for next time. That is, don't weave your plants into the scrog, you could have waited until your plant was a bit taller and then you squash the plant with the net and let the plant grow into the net. Best tip i'll remember is "If ain't ugly, you're not scrogging" lol. (that is true on the first day, but plants will perk up, and go through them in a few days). Now, i'm no master scrogger, but wanted to share some help, that i needed as well just a few days ago

I tried a custom exhaust like that too using these charcoal carbon bags.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Ordered a Bluetooth hygrometer/thermometer! Will be here in two days !!
FC9CB111 F9B5 42D3 9C7A 4263DCC79928

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I like your scrog net! i need to make something strong like that instead of the cheap stretchy nylon ones on amazon.

You are doing good! I am new myself and just learned a good scrog tip for you for next time. That is, don't weave your plants into the scrog, you could have waited until your plant was a bit taller and then you squash the plant with the net and let the plant grow into the net. Best tip i'll remember is "If ain't ugly, you're not scrogging" lol. (that is true on the first day, but plants will perk up, and go through them in a few days). Now, i'm no master scrogger, but wanted to share some help, that i needed as well just a few days ago

I tried a custom exhaust like that too using these charcoal carbon bags.
Hey thanks, I have definitely seen a few different ways of using the net, I like that idea though it seems like it would be a little less stressful on the individual branches over the daily tucking. I think that I will probably need to upgrade my little exhaust fan probably mid flower but currently seems to be doing the trick. Thank you for your kind words, any pics of your grow ? Would love to see one !

ninjadip

ninjadip

Hey thanks, I have definitely seen a few different ways of using the net, I like that idea though it seems like it would be a little less stressful on the individual branches over the daily tucking. I think that I will probably need to upgrade my little exhaust fan probably mid flower but currently seems to be doing the trick. Thank you for your kind words, any pics of your grow ? Would love to see one !
I understand your thinking on the less stress of tucking in vs "the shove", I thought along the same lines until someone informed me. The benefits of shoving the net on top vs tucking them in, are that you will have a more uniform canopy as the plant will be coming through the net at the same time evenly, instead of one branch here and one there. Idk if that makes sense.

There is a contest going on now on here on who will get the biggest yield from one plant under scrog. That is where i learned that advice.
Link to that thread: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/one-plant-one-scrog-contest-cannagranny-style.143014/

This is my current scrog in a 2x2, i'm very new, so please don't expect my stuff to be that great lol. This pic was right after I scrogged them. In a week they will all start coming through the net on their own, but at decent even canopy level, or so I hope! lol Now I'll never win in that contest with a 2x2 tent, but i wanted to try.

Here is a pic of my 4x4 grow from a few days ago. I just flipped them. Yes, i have toooooooo many lol. But i have accounted for massive ventilation, I have an 8" exhaust on my 4x4, and 2 4" intake inline fans. But still I will have to be vigilant on this one to ensure a good end product.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Really nice ! Here is her day 1 into flower and I went with the tuck method I like it seems more predictable to me and controlled but hey to each his own , happy reefing!! Here is my 2x2 my main line with 16 colas 😊

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Continue with what you are doing of course.

Isn't growing so rewarding?? :)

well, at least when things are going somewhat right lol
So rewarding and relieving, it is like one of the most pleasant things I’ve ever found myself to do, honestly the relationship that I have with cannabis is simply just different in the fact that I have so much more appreciation and respect for it I can’t wait to smoke my very own first grow! I hope it’s worth it! ⛽⛽⛽

ninjadip

ninjadip

So rewarding and relieving, it is like one of the most pleasant things I’ve ever found myself to do, honestly the relationship that I have with cannabis is simply just different in the fact that I have so much more appreciation and respect for it I can’t wait to smoke my very own first grow! I hope it’s worth it! ⛽⛽⛽
I feel ya! I love growing :) i've got a few friends hooked too lol Give someone a free clone or two, then watch their love for the plant grow

Hopefully your first grow turns out better than mine. I had great weight, but I need to get that curing/drying down. To be honest, curing/drying is one of the easiest things to overlook as a newb, and one of the quickest ways to mess up your whole grow. It's a mistake I plan on not making ever again.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I really am in this for quality over quantity for sure so I have been doing extensive research on some of the best methods when it comes to drying and curing I plan to dry for at least 14 days and cure for at least 30 days I plan to keep my drying room around 65°F and 50 to 60° relative humidity hope I can keep it slow slow slow

Blastfact

Blastfact

Get a AC Infinity exhaust fan/carbon filter with controller. A 4" would work fine for your current tent but would be pretty much worthless for a larger tent. There will be a larger tent. Then get a Inkbird ITC-608T to control your humidifier if you have a simple on off humidifier you will be in tall cotton. AC Infinity will control tent temp with a setpoint,,,, They don't need to run 24/7. Then the Inkbird will cycle your humdifier by set point. You can also set a high humidity set point with the AC Infinity to help combat RH spikes during lights out. The Inkbird will control two devices at a time. Grow life gets a lot better with good simple control.

ACInk

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Get a AC Infinity exhaust fan/carbon filter with controller. A 4" would work fine for your current tent but would be pretty much worthless for a larger tent. There will be a larger tent. Then get a Inkbird ITC-608T to control your humidifier if you have a simple on off humidifier you will be in tall cotton. AC Infinity will control tent temp with a setpoint,,,, They don't need to run 24/7. Then the Inkbird will cycle your humdifier by set point. You can also set a high humidity set point with the AC Infinity to help combat RH spikes during lights out. The Inkbird will control two devices at a time. Grow life gets a lot better with good simple control.

View attachment 1296106
OK so the controller would tell the humidifier to turn on or off if RH was too high or low, and the controller would also tell the exhaust fan to turn on or off when the temperature is too high or too low correct? What humidifier works with controllers I know basic ones don’t work on timers they need to be manually turned on and off , thank you , thank you 🙏

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

View attachment 1296106
What contoller would be good for me? I can see the ac infinity carbon filter and exhaust fan on Amazon , then I need also humidifier and controller , what you think

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Until I am able to get everything on an automated controller my intent is to turn the humidifier fire off about one hour before lights out just so that it does not spike when the lights go off and then leave it off over the evening until lights on after the 12 hour dark cycle and I will manually turn it back on it seemed to work last night but I would love to have this automated and possibly be able to combat it at the second it happens rather than 12 hours apart from each other

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Day 1 flower RH and Temp looking nice 👍 keep here about the first two weeks then slowly drop a few % and degrees each week untill harvest ending around 50% rh and 73•f , then dry and cure slowwwwwwwww 58% rh -62% and temps 62•f-70•f for 14+ days then jars burping daily for 30 days

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yeah those infinity controllers are awesome. Cool thing is that with their exhaust and controller the exhaust is not just on/off but variable speed depending on need.
Their controllers can also be used with tent fans. On my next setup, which will be an entire room/basement/garage when I would like to set it up with a smart infinity system

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I appreciate it a lot just found out what your talking about and found several options going to be placing an order and canceling the Bluetooth hygrometer I ordered 😂

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Tucking again , and again and again 🤙🏼
Nite time tuck well see her in the morning !
This thing is growing like a weed 🌱 😊😝

🌲(the last picture)-so she’s growing to the left side I’m thinking the roots settled or something earlier in grow , should this be an issue later ?
Not affecting anything currently .
Just curious 🧐 thank you 😊

Latest posts

Top Bottom