First 2x2 hello ! Closet grow

• Thread starter Happyreefing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Happyreefing

Happyreefing

How did you do your clones?
So I took two small branches that were well below the net two days ago so they are in flower however they would have wound up in the compost pile anyway so I wanted to just see if I could get them to get going, I kept them in this solution here, and then rolled them after snipping the ends at a 45° angle and put them in the dirt I have kept in the moist at 80°F and 75% humidity they are going strong, I tried to take a clone during veg and I failed miserably

ninjadip

ninjadip

Hey, that is something I am kind of wondering so once I flipped to flower a reduced my humidity from 55% to 45% and for these first three weeks of flower I have been maintaining humidity between 40% and 46% and my temperature has been between 74° and 77° my plans are to continue to lower the humidity every week until I am at week eight approximately from then forward assuming 30% humidity? as of right now I have no problems controlling humidity during the day however when the lights go out may humidity raises up to 48% to 49% and as long as I keep a fan blowing at the tent overnight it never goes above 50% however I am thinking after a week 4 of flower I should get a small dehumidifier just to make sure that weeks 56 etc. until harvest everything stays under 40% .
Yeah it's when the lights are off is the humidity danger comes. The heat from the lights burns some of the humidity off during lights on. When the lights go off the humidity rises from that plus the plant perspires more at lights off. Because you only have one plant and the effects aren't that big.

But yes you're right, you want to keep lowering your humidity throughout the flower. I don't know if you will ever hit under 40% RH. Just stay below the danger zone of 60 and shoot for 50. Anything under 50 is a godsend once you get a lot of plants going at once

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Yeah it's when the lights are off is the humidity danger comes. The heat from the lights burns some of the humidity off during lights on. When the lights go off the humidity rises from that plus the plant perspires more at lights off. Because you only have one plant and the effects aren't that big.

But yes you're right, you want to keep lowering your humidity throughout the flower. I don't know if you will ever hit under 40% RH. Just stay below the danger zone of 60 and shoot for 50. Anything under 50 is a godsend once you get a lot of plants going at once
Dude, that sounds great because I have just been so paranoid that even having one or 2% over 45% is going to be detrimental obviously I don’t know much and this is my first attempt but I’m trying my best and applying all the tips you guys have been giving me I do really appreciate it, what I hope to do is take the clone that I have and do a better job the next round because I know for sure I stunted her a little bit in the beginning she should have made more main branches rather than how I currently have 16 main colas on eight branches and then several little branches growing late now,

I think I cut some of them too early but live in learn and cross my fingers everything goes well 🤙🏼

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Luckily I don’t have to fight the temperature or the humidity currently living in the Midwest currently approaching winter the temperatures have been ideal and the humidity as well should be aiming for harvest right around Christmas time and avoiding the cold stretch through the winter all together

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I am a little concerned about some of the pistols being a little Amber or brown already, being that it is only day two of week three. My gut is telling me that it can be attributed to the fact that I have been running the 24 W UVB from lights on to lights off every day at 36 inches off the top of the plant.
Today I installed a timer and what I will be incorporating from this point until harvest will be three intervals of one hour, the UVB will come on with the main lights at 10:30 AM for one hour and then it will shut off, it will return on in the middle of the day at 4:30 PM and remain on for one hour, and then it will turn off and One last time turned back on at 9:30 for one hour until 1030 at lights out, so a total of three hours spread over the entire day, I will be monitoring closely and increasing if possible however I don’t want to burn the poor girl so I’m going to back that off and see how the schedule goes, happyreefing 🤙🏼

ninjadip

ninjadip

So I took two small branches that were well below the net two days ago so they are in flower however they would have wound up in the compost pile anyway so I wanted to just see if I could get them to get going, I kept them in this solution here, and then rolled them after snipping the ends at a 45° angle and put them in the dirt I have kept in the moist at 80°F and 75% humidity they are going strong, I tried to take a clone during veg and I failed miserably View attachment 1300815View attachment 1300816
I'm glad that these are doing well. I've had pretty good success with clones. If I can recommend a 100% success rate combo for you, here it is. I'm no expert but I really think this is a killer combo and I've seen 100% success rates.

1. Make cutting, your cuttings show you already know the right size.
2. Trim all leaves by half. This increases the plant's rooting hormones. I see you already know this too 👍
3. Dip snips in Clone X rooting gel
4. Insert into General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter Plant Starters
5. Place into humidity dome with top, and the vents fully open.
6. Water with something easy and beneficial, I use Super Thrive, TPS billions, and Bloom City Clean Kelp, just enough to touch the bottom of all plugs by 1/8 - 1/4"
7. Place on heating mat
8. Keep low light on them, diffused, or indirect light is best, not 24/7
8. In about 3 days the water will evaporate. Make decision to transplant or water just the plugs, no excess, one more time.
9. Transplant whether you see roots or not.
10. Foliar spray clones if struggling

That works perfect for me

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I'm glad that these are doing well. I've had pretty good success with clones. If I can recommend a 100% success rate combo for you, here it is. I'm no expert but I really think this is a killer combo and I've seen 100% success rates.

1. Make cutting, your cuttings show you already know the right size.
2. Trim all leaves by half. This increases the plant's rooting hormones. I see you already know this too 👍
3. Dip snips in Clone X rooting gel
4. Insert into General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter Plant Starters
5. Place into humidity dome with top, and the vents fully open.
6. Water with something easy and beneficial, I use Super Thrive, TPS billions, and Bloom City Clean Kelp, just enough to touch the bottom of all plugs by 1/8 - 1/4"
7. Place on heating mat
8. Keep low light on them, diffused, or indirect light is best, not 24/7
8. In about 3 days the water will evaporate. Make decision to transplant or water just the plugs, no excess, one more time.
9. Transplant whether you see roots or not.
10. Foliar spray clones if struggling

That works perfect for me
Very good, yes see I originally struggled because I had nowhere to keep them and now the makeshift cooler situation seems to be working I have plans for a small tent to put up for cloning and I will definitely be giving all of that a try I definitely want to preserve this strain and grow it in different ways to see how she could best fully reach her potential, I really appreciate it man that sounds like a super easy way to get success.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

OK so it was really bothering me they were both in 1 cup, I just transplanted one of them so they are in their own individual cups going strong 🤙🏼

ninjadip

ninjadip

Very good, yes see I originally struggled because I had nowhere to keep them and now the makeshift cooler situation seems to be working I have plans for a small tent to put up for cloning and I will definitely be giving all of that a try I definitely want to preserve this strain and grow it in different ways to see how she could best fully reach her potential, I really appreciate it man that sounds like a super easy way to get success.
No probs. I feel a connection with your struggles lol of course no offense

Yeah, after my first grow I had 100 ways to improve the next one lol. That's the name of the game

Now I think clones are so easy and I don't get why some of my local grower friends won't even try. My first clone was a 90% success rate using only fresh aloe I cut from my own plant. I'm bald so I need to save my aloe plant for summer time lol so I got this clone x gel.

If you are into natural clone solutions, fresh aloe works great, and I haven't tested it but I heard a tea made from willow leaves works very well also. Other natural alternatives like honey sand cinnamon are no good.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

No probs. I feel a connection with your struggles lol of course no offense

Yeah, after my first grow I had 100 ways to improve the next one lol. That's the name of the game

Now I think clones are so easy and I don't get why some of my local grower friends won't even try. My first clone was a 90% success rate using only fresh aloe I cut from my own plant. I'm bald so I need to save my aloe plant for summer time lol so I got this clone x gel.

If you are into natural clone solutions, fresh aloe works great, and I haven't tested it but I heard a tea made from willow leaves works very well also. Other natural alternatives like honey sand cinnamon are no good.
All about the natural 🤙🏼🤙🏼 Awesome info dude. And I definitely was scared to try after the first one completely melted during veg, so I did not build up the courage to even give it another try until week two of flower and I am very glad that I did ! because it was starting to get in my head that I may never be able to come across this strain again because I only know what 1/2 of it is!!
so the longer I can keep it the more I can find out about it😁😁😁😁

ninjadip

ninjadip

OK so it was really bothering me they were both in 1 cup, I just transplanted one of them so they are in their own individual cups going strong 🤙🏼
View attachment 1300843
Looking at those, make the cuttings a little bigger next time. They will have a higher success rate. The fan leaves are not only solar panels but also storage banks. When a plant is struggling it will pull from the fan leaves, meaning you want a slightly bigger storage bank to allow the plant enough stored energy to make new roots before it cannibalizes itself.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Looking at those, make the cuttings a little bigger next time. They will have a higher success rate. The fan leaves are not only solar panels but also storage banks. When a plant is struggling it will pull from the fan leaves, meaning you want a slightly bigger storage bank to allow the plant enough stored energy to make new roots before it cannibalizes itself.
Oh okay good shit , honestly if these two do not make it I have no problem taking a larger branch any time during flower and re-vegging for as long as it takes I just want to preserve this beauty, obviously I’m not going to take a significant main branch or anything just some thing on the underside🥰

ninjadip

ninjadip

Awesome dude, yeah the aloe works very well.

I will give you the instructions I perfected from a few different sites.

Cut aloe leaf, cut all skin off/ scrape gel into cup/ big shot glass

Edit: this container should be narrow enough to allow solution to touch near one inch of the cutting.

Add a few drops of whatever pure water you use

Press on aloe with spoon or beat with electric beater until chunks are gone and you have a water like solution.

Do not pH this to anything

Dip fresh cuttings into solution, as many as you can fit. Let soak for at least 4 hours up to 8. Keep in indirect light, like just on kitchen counter with some window light but not on window ceil.

Place cuttings into grow media of choice. Pour remaining aloe solution into grow media directly on the base of cutting, do this after media is already moist. Give low light for 1 week.

Foliar spray might be necessary.

Last edited:
Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Awesome dude, yeah the aloe works very well.

I will give you the instructions I perfected from a few different sites.

Cut aloe leaf, cut all skin off/ scrape gel into cup/ big shot glass

Add a few drops of whatever pure water you use

Press on aloe with spoon or beat with electric beater until chunks are gone and you have a water like solution.

Do not pH this to anything

Dip fresh cuttings into solution, as many as you can fit. Let soak for at least 4 hours up to 8. Keep in indirect light, like just on kitchen counter with some window light but not on window ceil.

Place cuttings into grow media of choice. Give low light for 1 week.

Foliar spray might be necessary.
That is super solid I will definitely be giving that a try, I have a ninja blender and I use that to pulverize mine down however it doesn’t get it fine enough to mist foliair spray it gets stuck in the sprayer 😬but I love using it to water in between teas and nutrients!

ninjadip

ninjadip

That is super solid I will definitely be giving that a try, I have a ninja blender and I use that to pulverize mine down however it doesn’t get it fine enough to mist foliair spray it gets stuck in the sprayer 😬but I love using it to water in between teas and nutrients!
Ohh I didn't mean foliar spray with the aloe

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Will clones taken from a female plant always be female? Or is there a chance they could be male?

ninjadip

ninjadip

Just use whatever you foliar spray with
Will clones taken from a female plant always be female? Or is there a chance they could be male?
They will stay female. There is a chance that any female can hermaphrodite if stressed to the extreme. I haven't had it happen yet.

Top Bottom