First a time Flowering - WTH is this?!

• Thread starter Northernroots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Northernroots

First time cultivator here, my girls are about three weeks into flower and looking great (to me). I was doing a thorough inspection of my bushiest and favorite plant only to find a few flowers with small brown spots on them. Super freaked out and not sure what this is, hopefully someone can help!

I’m thinking this is bud rot? I haven’t defoliated and growing in a fairly large hoop house (20’x60’) where the humidity can get a bit high at times.

Whatever this is, can you also give me a best course of action? Get rid of the affected plants, remove infected bud sites, etc and what can I do to prevent this as I continue into flower?

First a time flowering   wth is this
First a time flowering   wth is this 2
First a time flowering   wth is this 3
First a time flowering   wth is this 4
JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

How much if the plant is affected? , can you show whole plant and give more info about nutrients , environment, etc.

N

Northernroots

How much if the plant is affected? , can you show whole plant and give more info about nutrients , environment, etc.
I checked thoroughly and noticed two spots, maybe about half a sq in. It’s probably like 0.1% of the total flower, if that. The plant has been topped and in a 15gal grow bag in a hoop house. I’ve been feeding once a week with a 5-30-20, 1tsp per gal. Humidity has been high, very rainy here lately, seeing 80-90% most nights, 60% or so during the day once things dry out a bit. I also just ordered some nice 36in fans this weekend, so airflow will improve. Right now I have roll up sides on the hoop house, sound about 36in or so is open and we tend to have a nice breeze most of the time. I’ll attach a whole plant photo from this weekend. Let me know if this helps!

PHO 1698
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

N

Northernroots

I suspect those are Eurasian hemp borer wounds. If you inspect the stem, you would find an orange larvae if that is the case.
Are those something to be super concerned with? Mold/Bud Root seems more threatening to me...

jdog22

jdog22

bud rot, chop off affected areas and reduce your humidity for your grow area :)
make sure you look all over the plants for more of this as it spreds pretty nasty, doesnt spred like a fungi more like its trying to take over the plant :P

happy growing!

oh also dont smoke it lol..

memnoch

memnoch

bud rot, chop off affected areas and reduce your humidity for your grow area :)
make sure you look all over the plants for more of this as it spreds pretty nasty, doesnt spred like a fungi more like its trying to take over the plant :P

happy growing!

oh also dont smoke it lol..
You can smoke it but it tastes awful. My brother plant had it all over on one. We smoked it anyway 😁

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
clean your scissors and hands between plants and remove immediately. That will spread like crazy.

jdog22

jdog22

clean your scissors and hands between plants and remove immediately. That will spread like crazy.
hmm i always thought bud rot came from within the plant once removed the affected areas are good, i didnt think if the rotten bud touches something it gets rot too..??

Latest posts

Top Bottom