First attempt at cloning WAS going good...

• Thread starter SquenchyBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SquenchyBudz

Hey everyone I hope someone can help me here...

I cut some clones in my first cloning attempt 11 days ago and put them in my Daisy cloner. For the first week I had nothing but ph adjusted water in there... then I put a few drops of SuperThrive in and everything was still good.

I went out of town 2 days ago and came back today and they have turned yellow!

They all have little tiny roots that they have had since before they were yellow, but I'm not sure what happened. They all have new growth on them still and otherwise look healthy besides the color.

Any help is appreciated!

First attempt at cloning was going good
First attempt at cloning was going good 2
D

dican01

looks like they need some nitrogen. are you just giving them water? try giving them a mild grow fertilizer and see how they respond.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If they have new growth then you have an idea of what's happened. Feed them, mildly, > nitrogen than other macronutrients. If you don't they'll take the food from the preexisting leaves.

There's one in the second picture that doesn't look like it's gonna make it. But keep trying and they ain't dead til they're dead!

S

SquenchyBudz

The only nutes I have are for soil and I just got this aero cloner and don't know what to put in for nutes yet. I have the fox farm trio but for soil. Will any of those work or do you have a suggestion of something I should get?

Thanks!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it can be dissolved then you should be able to use it, I'd go for no stronger than 1/4 strength. If it can be foliared, then it should be good, too. How about you get yourself some liquid kelp extract of some sort, use that? Pretty complete and babies love it.

D

dican01

if you are using fox farm, you should be able to add some grow big. it is water soluble. foliar feeding also works here. liquid kelp is great here too. maxicrop's soluble granules are the best i have seen (1-0-4). hard to find the granules, but they are better than the liquid kelp because they don't have chlorine which a lot of liquid seaweed does. good luck.

N

nog

yes do what seamaiden said 1/4 strength nutes. them wait for a week to see the plants reaction before you feed again.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats ur water temp in there? sometimes just adjusting the water temp makes everything smooth again...

I made my first bach of clones last month using kelp, humic acid and rootech with jiffy's and it works perfectly. Cut rooted in 7 to 12 days and stayed green and very heathly...

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
if you use a cloner machine only need straight water and little rooting gel or powder. No need to ph water or add any nutes or additives. Till the roots come out just straight water in a cloner will get you rooted in less than 7 days.

sedate

sedate

jaybee said:
Till the roots come out just straight water in a cloner will get you rooted in less than 7 days

. . . except the OP has done that, is getting smallish roots, but now needs a bit of real plant food to continue the growing process.

SquenchyBudz, absolutely begin a minimal fertilzer regimine.

Not sure about 1/4 strength, but I find about 100ppm's work well for the first few weeks of a clones' life - I get mixed results up at 2 or 300 - so 1/4 strength might be a bit hot - might be just right - but I'd dial down a back a bit even from here.

Good luck - methinks those clones will make it.

S

SquenchyBudz

Thanks everyone. I was in Denver yesterday and stopped at a hydro store and picked up a few things because I will be converting to all hydro soon, and the guy directed me in the way of the Botanicare line, so I gave them a little pure blend pro, and a little cal mag and am just going to wait and see what happens.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to me if these died, because I got them from my brother, and I'm a little OCD about certain things, and he mixed em all up so he doesn't know which is which and I would like to know... so I ordered some seeds and they came yesterday. So if these died and I started my seeds now, I would be good with that.

On a lighter note, my ones that I put into flower (the ones I cut these clones from) on May 1st are finally starting to get nice little buds! This is my first grow so I'm super excited!

Thanks everyone for the help and I'll let you all know what happens with them!

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
. . . except the OP has done that, is getting smallish roots, but now needs a bit of real plant food to continue the growing process.

SquenchyBudz, absolutely begin a minimal fertilzer regimine.

Not sure about 1/4 strength, but I find about 100ppm's work well for the first few weeks of a clones' life - I get mixed results up at 2 or 300 - so 1/4 strength might be a bit hot - might be just right - but I'd dial down a back a bit even from here.

Good luck - methinks those clones will make it.

Reread the OP and you are right. :scared0016:

I am now changing my recomendation for the poster, instead of using weak nutes give "clone start" (by canadian xpress) a try. Ready mixed, spray a couple times, will get the plants through and strong.

JB

Top Bottom