First Clones - Growth on stem, PM?

• Thread starter Swany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Swany

Swany

Well, jeez... if it's salt build-up (from feedings), wouldn't it just wash off with water? Ca build-up would require an acid, I'm not comfortable suggesting you throw some vinegar on the plants. But, if the stems are firm, green, and everything 'down-stem' is fine, then that would suggest something other than a pathogen.
Whew! I'm not so much into hollering that it's carcinogenic, I don't know that factually. But the resistance thing is problematic.

Yes, I don't see why you can't just throw it in the cloner. No, JMS does not need to be rinsed off at all. Yes, I know about the labeling laws, but... I won't say more except to say that I understand the need for the labeling as it is. ;)

If your water is hard, then it very well may be a build-up of lime, scale, whatever is in the water. What I don't understand is why in those areas and nowhere else. But, at this point, I say if the plants appear to be doing well otherwise, let it be and call it learning.

Btw, I'd been having problems with my home-made aerocloner UNTIL I incorporated isopropyl alcohol into my cleaning regimen. Had been using bleach, Physan 20, and H2O2, and still wasn't getting good results, having problems with cloning. Then, I started squirting the whole thing down with the iso after I'd finished with the other products, let it dry, et voila, damn near as good as new. I know this is your first trip down Cloning Road, but you may want to file this info away in your memory banks in case doing the usual isn't cutting it.
Ohhh, like tips like that ;-}

I did actually spray vinegar on one of the clones, read about it in a MMJ Rx book i bought. Didn't wash off. The plants don't seem to be suffering. I just Do Not want my first run to end up looking like rotting zombies.

Hard water... I have a treatment system on the well. No salt, I got a tank that converts what's in the water to 'a harmless crystal structure' and added sediment and charcoal filters before it. I wonder if the plants don't like what the tank medium is doing to the water? PPM is about 100 out of the tap, 50 after a Britta. Maybe it's time to order an RO system...

If anything changes I'll post it in case it's helpful or anyone is curious.

thanks ;-}

alpinehi

alpinehi

My partner wanted to order a RO system and I admittedly bitched about it, thought we didn't need it. Which is ironic because I grew up on a well with really hard water and my parents were pretty quick to get one themselves for the family. The damage a few years of hard water can do to your sinks and shower heads is pretty impressive, plus it has a taste. My partner picked one up and it made a noticeable difference. Starting with a clean slate every time so you know exactly what is in your solution is key. I wouldn't say you need to get one as your water seems to be pretty clean, but it can help elevate your game.

Swany

Swany

I have not bought one yet 'cause I intend to use rainwater for the most part (welcome to sunny Western Washington ;-). Tthe gutters are not on the shop yet and it's heading into summer... Going to try this first, a spa filling filter that attaches to the hose. It should come in today or tomorrow and I will test ppm to see what it does. If it does not do much I'll use it on my hot tub and get the RO system.

alpinehi

alpinehi

I'm near the other end of Wa. We aren't as wet as you guys are over on the western side.

Swany

Swany

Nice - I would say I miss the sunshine, though we've had a fair amount recently. I grew up in the SF Bay area pretty much in the center of Silicon Vally. Not as green, but much drier and warmer.

Those patches are still on the stems, but they are not spreading and the plant are growing well. I'll post update pictures after I move them tomorrow and can get better pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom