First DWC grow, does this plant look healthy?

• Thread starter Marshdoggy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

I think 600 should be good. Ppm changing daily is not an issue. How much are they drinking a day now?

When you add water back instead of just water add nutrients to it now that it's drinking and eating more. They are getting to the size that you probably will have to top up daily. This is where DWC gets to be a lot of work and RDWC is much easier. Water change frequency is going to start going up. Write down the add backs and once you add back 3.5 gal do a res change. By the end of this you likely to be doing water changes every 3 days.
I just added back 5000 ml and that didn’t get it to where my res is at the beginning a week. I’m thinking she drank about 1.5 gallon since Monday. I have the pump for RDWC that’s what I started with but it almost damped off my early seedling. I am replacing with nutrient water I always have two 5 gallon buckets ready for the week.

Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

I think 600 should be good. Ppm changing daily is not an issue. How much are they drinking a day now?

When you add water back instead of just water add nutrients to it now that it's drinking and eating more. They are getting to the size that you probably will have to top up daily. This is where DWC gets to be a lot of work and RDWC is much easier. Water change frequency is going to start going up. Write down the add backs and once you add back 3.5 gal do a res change. By the end of this you likely to be doing water changes every 3 days.
You think adding my pump and feed tube will help at this point?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You think adding my pump and feed tube will help at this point?
Not sure what that is. Is this RDWC? I thought it was just DWC. Add backs probably should be done every day to every 2 days at this point. You can mix add backs at 130% strength of needed. At 600-800ppm the should have plenty of nutrients what we are trying to do is keep it as stable as possible within reason. Which may mean more frequent add backs and nutrient adjustment.

If the ppm is dropping I would not go over 800ppm but rather top up with a more concentrated solution to being the ppm back up closer to your target. There is not hard set rule on how often you must do add backs and at what concentration. But steering the ppm through add backs is beneficial and the more often they are done the more stable the conditions are. If you don't have the time to do daily then do as you see fit but if you are issues the you may need to increase the frequency of your adjustments.

The only thing I would say is once you add back the volume of water the system holds change the entire volume. Ratios are important and not something you want to have issues with

Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

Not sure what that is. Is this RDWC? I thought it was just DWC. Add backs probably should be done every day to every 2 days at this point. You can mix add backs at 130% strength of needed. At 600-800ppm the should have plenty of nutrients what we are trying to do is keep it as stable as possible within reason. Which may mean more frequent add backs and nutrient adjustment.

If the ppm is dropping I would not go over 800ppm but rather top up with a more concentrated solution to being the ppm back up closer to your target. There is not hard set rule on how often you must do add backs and at what concentration. But steering the ppm through add backs is beneficial and the more often they are done the more stable the conditions are. If you don't have the time to do daily then do as you see fit but if you are issues the you may need to increase the frequency of your adjustments.

The only thing I would say is once you add back the volume of water the system holds change the entire volume. Ratios are important and not something you want to have issues with
Okay I get what your saying now, try to keep my ppm around the same level all week by adding back solution instead of just having it drop until my next res change

Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

Okay I get what your saying now, try to keep my ppm around the same level all week by adding back solution instead of just having it drop until my next res change
Anyone have an opinion on defoliating? Should I trim any more fan leaves or is this sufficiant

A512EE21 01A4 46B5 B683 CE378E54C284
272E5073 B44F 49CC 8ECE 583FAE35EACC
Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

This thing is filling out my 4x4! Worried about my leds being able to fully cover every part of my plant any tips? Ppm stayed around 600 over night and water dropped by about 7000 ml. Do you
Think I should keep changing my res every week or wait until I’ve added back the total 6 gallons? Also the edges of some leaves halve an odd couloring too them. Pics below

8A636247 08CE 497F 934D BE73CEF28FF8
DCA884F1 1A18 41AA 856E 17F50FEB7AA8
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This thing is filling out my 4x4! Worried about my leds being able to fully cover every part of my plant any tips? Ppm stayed around 600 over night and water dropped by about 7000 ml. Do you
Think I should keep changing my res every week or wait until I’ve added back the total 6 gallons? Also the edges of some leaves halve an odd couloring too them. Pics below
How many gal is you pail?

Are you adding cal mag? Kinda looks like a bit to much calcium

Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

How many gal is you pail?

Are you adding cal mag? Kinda looks like a bit to much calcium
Yeah I am my tap is 130 ppm I ppm up to around 190 woth the cal mag. I thought I was getting a calcium or magnesium deficiency early so I have been adding it in. My reservoir will hold around 6-7 gallons of water with two inches below the net pot

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I am my tap is 130 ppm I ppm up to around 190 woth the cal mag. I thought I was getting a calcium or magnesium deficiency early so I have been adding it in. My reservoir will hold around 6-7 gallons of water with two inches below the net pot
Yeah can hold off until adding back 6gal just steer the ppm if it's staying the same add back the same mix. If it's low add back a bit high. If it's high add back lower or just water.

I would ditch the cal mag

Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

But honestly man you might be right
Yeah can hold off until adding back 6gal just steer the ppm if it's staying the same add back the same mix. If it's low add back a bit high. If it's high add back lower or just water.

I would ditch the cal mag
ill change my res on the weekend, my new air pump should be in. Okay man, I topped up the res with some of that solution with cal mag today but I’ll mix up some new stuff tomorrow

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ill change my res on the weekend, my new air pump should be in. Okay man, I topped up the res with some of that solution with cal mag today but I’ll mix up some new stuff tomorrow
Yeah it's not bad. Sometimes ppl think that tip burn is to much nutrients but with no dark shiny leaves and clawing it looks to me like to much calcium and the plant tries to push the excess out of the leaf tips.

Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

Should I run half nutes for a couple days or just Lower my add ins ppm or just add ph water

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Should I run half nutes for a couple days or just Lower my add ins ppm or just add ph water
Ppm of 500-600 should be good. You can adjust everything at your res change. If the ppm get lower add back a higher ppm. If it gets higher add back water.

Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

Little update on the plants. Added nutes yesterday so ppm was at 700 last night with a ph of 5.7. Today ppm 650 and ph 5.6. It is still growing fast so I raised my light today. Some tips seemed to be twisted so I hope by removing cal mag from her diet the leaves come back to life.

Also what should I do with these tiny branches that will never reach the top? Is it worth it to keep these?

69E2B150 627F 45B7 A4A0 B213D24332B7
E0C21257 DD8D 44CA 8069 B562D20E054E
7663F6B1 00F9 48F7 BE36 17F2923790B1
643683CB 136E 4E01 8F4F 2ED88FABA00F
D553BE9E 0672 43C7 AD2E F987B211A883
BC9D7F3A FBCD 479E B5D8 95934BE44435
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Little update on the plants. Added nutes yesterday so ppm was at 700 last night with a ph of 5.7. Today ppm 650 and ph 5.6. It is still growing fast so I raised my light today. Some tips seemed to be twisted so I hope by removing cal mag from her diet the leaves come back to life.

Also what should I do with these tiny branches that will never reach the top? Is it worth it to keep these?
Heat can cause twisted new growth. Do a Google search of lollipoping probably easier than trying to explain it. Bit you wanna give it a few days after before flipping to flower which imo should be done very soon

Marshdoggy

Marshdoggy

Heat can cause twisted new growth. Do a Google search of lollipoping probably easier than trying to explain it. Bit you wanna give it a few days after before flipping to flower which imo should be done very soon
Well I’ve already flipped 7 days ago now, I’ll just leave it. I kinda read some defoliation info online before so get it in just didn’t wanna take too much

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well I’ve already flipped 7 days ago now, I’ll just leave it. I kinda read some defoliation info online before so get it in just didn’t wanna take too much
Just wait till after stretch. Then you can thin her out

Top Bottom