First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Idk i just need a holiday here... its been common knowledge for decades upon decades how alkalinity affects ph... I have no idea how after 10 yrs of hydro it isn't known.

it is known. And even in the directions for dyna gro protekt it says to use it as ph up.

and silica is considered a macro nutrient for most plants now. It is used by cannabis more than phosphorous in published tissue tests. Most plants benefit in health and yield from 49ppm fed continuously.

And the expensive mono silicidic acid is not necessary. All the positive tests that proved silica is needed i found used potassium silicate.

the most knowledgeable plant professor i know for cannabis uses vermiculite for silica. So immediate uptake is not a priority it seems. Nor is it with calcium or mag or...

More money for the company is the benefit of highly expensive unneeded ag products.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Think what ya want. I clearly can’t figure this out. I appreciate the help but I’m done. This is fucking ridiculous. Not having fun.

sorry for wasting your time aqua man.

This will be my last post. Take care everyone.

we all get frustrated. The learning curve is steep. But was this how you say FU to the people that took all this time and patience to help you?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

it is known. And even in the directions for dyna gro protekt it says to use it as ph up.

and silica is considered a macro nutrient for most plants now. It is used by cannabis more than phosphorous in published tissue tests. Most plants benefit in health and yield from 49ppm fed continuously.

And the expensive mono silicidic acid is not necessary. All the positive tests that proved silica is needed i found used potassium silicate.

the most knowledgeable plant professor i know for cannabis uses vermiculite for silica. So immediate uptake is not a priority it seems. Nor is it with calcium or mag or...

More money for the company is the benefit of highly expensive unneeded ag products.
Yeah ibuse potassium silicate and can absolutely tell the difference in the rigidity of the stalk and branching... it may not be as available but it definitely is being uptaken by the plants. Possibly the ph, temp, enzymes etc. May affect the form but I can say it may not be as available as monosalistc acid but it sure is available to an extent. I just don't have the answers. Its a great source for buffering ph and while I cannot say definitively on the availability it absolutely either becomes available or is available to plants... its easy to see the difference in the tissues when using... one of the rare additions that can definitely been seen

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah ibuse potassium silicate and can absolutely tell the difference in the rigidity of the stalk and branching... it may not be as available but it definitely is being uptaken by the plants. Possibly the ph, temp, enzymes etc. May affect the form but I can say it may not be as available as monosalistc acid but it sure is available to an extent. I just don't have the answers. Its a great source for buffering ph and while I cannot say definitively on the availability it absolutely either becomes available or is available to plants... its easy to see the difference in the tissues when using... one of the rare additions that can definitely been seen

If you would just say it can be used as ph up too you would avoid the ph buffering discussion all together.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
of course. Great info in here from great growers. But you could see the thread get trollish by page 2.
yeah... this one was the trickiest varieties of trolls, it seems. Not a bad page count, and a great compilation of steps to fixing a variety of problems. we can all walk away knowing that all is not lost, despite layers of repetition being prevalent in this thread.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well Aqua Man on another note I managed to get my hands on some Massive. Any recommendations on dose and when to use it?
Not in early veg or seedlings... lmao some of you will get that.

I haven't used it enough yet but where I'm leaning is just before flip with a negative diff or just after stretch... I have a feeling using it with a negative diff may be a tad more beneficial but no proof.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
The fact that the thread went on this long, civilly, and with people trying again and again to rephrase a concept in terms a frustrated noob could understand is what makes this forum such an outstanding resource. Maybe it could be edited and presented as an RDWC sticky on, pH, the need for patience and the concept that less is sometimes more, nute order (something i'd been blissfully unaware of) and other key concepts?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

The fact that the thread went on this long, civilly, and with people trying again and again to rephrase a concept in terms a frustrated noob could understand is what makes this forum such an outstanding resource. Maybe it could be edited and presented as an RDWC sticky on, pH, the need for patience and the concept that less is sometimes more, nute order (something i'd been blissfully unaware of) and other key concepts?
Sadly I think from start to current theirs been a few topics repeated too much, could have saved @Aqua Man typing and just took a pic and remember instead of asking more than more once just post a pic of the previous content lol 😂

amekins

amekins

Not in early veg or seedlings... lmao some of you will get that.

I haven't used it enough yet but where I'm leaning is just before flip with a negative diff or just after stretch... I have a feeling using it with a negative diff may be a tad more beneficial but no proof.
What is a negative diff?

amekins

amekins

If that happens, maybe @Aqua Man can do me a favor and remove my bitchy post about his/her inability to process information already provided. :-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What is a negative diff?
Warmer temos in lights out than lights on... the reason being massive will cause a lot more stretch increasing node length, from my experience quite a bit.

By running warmer night temls and cooler day temps even by a degree or 2 it will reduce the internode spacing reducing or eliminating this issue.

Top Bottom