First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I took a quick peek at my roots. They have grown but they are disgusting. I gave them a quick spray and seemed to make them less gross but they still seem far from ideal.
Keep the hands out of the cookie jar... curiosity killed the cat remember.

The more stress they get the worse they gonna get.

Also be careful not to buy expired hydrogaurd.... Amazon is famous for that and now they hide it in the product code.

I copy pasted this for you.

They now have their Manufacture Date listed as a lot code stamped at the BOTTOM of back side. My lot code was 1308318. The first three digits are the CALENDAR DAY of the year. The next number is the last digit of the YEAR. The last three digits are a LOT CODE for use by Botanicare. Therefore, my "born on date" was the 130th day (May 10th) of 2018. Hydroguard is good for TWO YEARS PAST this date, and use within 6 months of opening.

User59204626117

User59204626117

@User59204626117 thats the 2nd time lol!

Sorry!!! I’m being overwhelmed with things I’m being told I need from all sorts of different directions. I still don’t have my head fully wrapped around all the chemicals and enzymes and bacteria’s and nutrients and good things and bad things and and and.

User59204626117

User59204626117

The slime is from my nutrient mix. The floracious plus makes it brown and turns everything else that’s supposed to be white into a brown color. Plus there is chunks of brown solids that have accumulated in my hydroton and apparently on the roots too.

I’m gonna let it run and do it’s thing for a few days and see how it goes from there.

will get a few small things tomorrow.

ph meter
Hygroguard
Not getting h202

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The slime is from my nutrient mix. The floracious plus makes it brown and turns everything else that’s supposed to be white into a brown color. Plus there is chunks of brown solids that have accumulated in my hydroton and apparently on the roots too.

I’m gonna let it run and do it’s thing for a few days and see how it goes from there.

ph meter
Hygroguard
Not getting h202
You got this man... just a lot of info to take in at once... so ask as many times as you need to truly understand.

Want me to make it super simple?

3ml per gal of each grow, micro, bloom mixed in order of directions.

Add 1 gram per gal of epsom salt.

Ph down to 5.6

Add 2 ml per gal of hydrogaurd

add 4ml per gal of enzymes

Record ph 24 hrs later.

Make sure its room temp water.

Then report back with daily ph and ppm readings and wr can help ya through any adjustments till you got this down.

After hydrogaurd you should have new roots in a few days to a week and be on your way. The issue is time... they are either gonna make it or not but this will give you the best chance.

If it fails then just get set up right and transplant properly and you will be good

User59204626117

User59204626117

Thank you so much for the time and explanation. I’m going to get that stuff tomorrow and might have to pass on the blue lab ph pen since it’ll be forever and just get something locally.

I will report back and keep you guys updated.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you so much for the time and explanation. I’m going to get that stuff tomorrow and might have to pass on the blue lab ph pen since it’ll be forever and just get something locally.

I will report back and keep you guys updated.
Yeah anything you can validate and preferably calibrate. If ya can have them check it against thier known meter if ya buy it at the hydro shop. Always a good idea to grab some ph 4 or 7 or both calibration solution to verify and calibrate but if ya can't right now don't worry

User59204626117

User59204626117

I have all that and a vivosun ph meter that won’t stay calibrated.

“if it dries it dies”. Learned that the hard way. Also need storage solution.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have all that and a vivosun ph meter that won’t stay calibrated.

“if it dries it dies”. Learned that the hard way. Also need storage solution.
Go to Amazon and order kcl (potassium chloride) mix 10 grams into 100ml of DISTILLED water or enough to just saturate the solution so it doesn't hole anymore salt. There is your storage solution. A 1lb bag is like $10 and it will last you a lifetime.

Badchoice

Badchoice

ph meter
Hygroguard
Not getting h202
Dude I use the same nutes lol plus a couple extra but don’t worry you got this. I’ve been down this road and it’s aggervating but luckily simple fixes. For example you can see the root pic was rot heaven, took Aqua advice and the second pic was just a week later but you can see the floramicro does color roots a little.

28164721 5374 429C 8018 9CB80DC5D4B7
BCAD5BDB EC48 45E7 AE4D E31270493BC3
Badchoice

Badchoice

Yeah anything you can validate and preferably calibrate. If ya can have them check it against thier known meter if ya buy it at the hydro shop. Always a good idea to grab some ph 4 or 7 or both calibration solution to verify and calibrate but if ya can't right now don't worry
Could just use 3% whole milk to test as well should always be 6.3 to 6.9 if you test some and it comes out 4.0 well your pen needs work or that’s some funky ass milk you got lol

398154FA 7FAE 470F 93D6 3509A1E5ED73
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dude I use the same nutes lol plus a couple extra but don’t worry you got this. I’ve been down this road and it’s aggervating but luckily simple fixes. For example you can see the root pic was rot heaven, took Aqua advice and the second pic was just a week later but you can see the floramicro does color roots a little.
They look pristine bro.... you cleared that up in a hurry lol. I think it was like a day or 2 you seen new growth?

User59204626117

User59204626117

I havnt given up hope. ive seen what these plants can do and believe that soil to hydro can be done. they are tough girls for the most part.

I meant floracious plus. its like a black thick liquid that smells like death and one drop will turn an entire gallon dark brown.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I havnt given up hope. ive seen what these plants can do and believe that soil to hydro can be done. they are tough girls for the most part.

I meant floracious plus. its like a black thick liquid that smells like death and one drop will turn an entire gallon dark brown.
Don't use it now.... it does have some organics i have some also. Only the gh 3 part, epsom, hydrogaurd and enzymes right now. That shot feeds microbes like crazy and you want the hydrogaurd in there before using it.

Also I only really use it in flower

Badchoice

Badchoice

Oh lol alright well to be fair I use liquid karma from botincare and it does the same thing but it’s all the yucca, kelp, sea weed extracts and stuff.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

These problems are from transplanting from soil to hydro. I would not judge this hydro run.....Please don't forget that part.

Different type of root structure and roots.....you got soil roots, and no soil. You can ph and mix and add until the cows come home......but until that plant grows new roots, nothing is gonna help much.

You should be treating them like un rooted clones.......until a new root system is grown.

You also need to prune off those soil roots that are mostly dead matter now anyhow.

This is why you do not take soil plants and stick them in a hydro setup......by the time you waste trying to get these plants to grow, and the cost of water and chemicals, electricity, and time, you could have grown nice plants from seed, or better yet take clones from those fine looking clones you got/had......that would have been a good plan.

You would have had hydro plants to play with AND soil plants.

As mentioned hydro is something that requires planning and research.

User59204626117

User59204626117

I did try to research and plan this as much as I could. With all the wrong guys I guess because serval told me that it would fine and that it’s easy to wash the soil off and toss em in hydro.

I thought roots were roots. We’ve taken clones from hydro guys and thrown them in soil before 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom