First Ever Grow, No Til, Documenting Every Learning Step

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

You know something I realized, I would’ve never figured out all the deficiencies of everyday stuff in grocery stores if I didn’t want to learn to grow marijuana. Not saying I’m going to grow my own food but you know lol.

Huge shout out to everyone for the education! I feel like even if I fail a couple of grows I’ll learn and adapt now.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

No the DudeGrows Website. Sorry, I should've clarified. Just google Dudegrows or DudeGrowsShow and the site should pop up. I would post a link but after being banned from THCtalk for less than that, I'll suggest google. The DGC (Dude Grows Crew) is a great community if I do say so myself, but that being said, I am a member so I may be a wee bit biased

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

You know something I realized, I would’ve never figured out all the deficiencies of everyday stuff in grocery stores if I didn’t want to learn to grow marijuana. Not saying I’m going to grow my own food but you know lol.

Huge shout out to everyone for the education! I feel like even if I fail a couple of grows I’ll learn and adapt now.
Grow some other plants, it can only help hone your skills! :smoking:

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Maybe in spring/summer I'll do something for fun but I don't wanna grow fruits and veggies under a lec lol
fair enough lol cant say I blame ya, that footprint is precious space! Fruits and veggies are good and fun, but I was thinking more along the lines of lemongrass or rosemary, stuff that the insects don't like. But I know not everyone has the room and/or light for that kind of thing.
PS if your serious about veggies this next spring/summer, check out Romanesco, that shit looks like an alien species when it forms a head, just know it's a cool weather crop so best for spring or fall.

Organikz

Organikz

Clackamas coot shoots it straight and 2 the point. No games. How to build soil. He flat out says it. Simple...quality ewc, kelp, neem, grain, done.

F

FutureGrower

Clackamas coot shoots it straight and 2 the point. No games. How to build soil. He flat out says it. Simple...quality ewc, kelp, neem, grain, done.

Yeah I love how simple he lays everything out and how he also is always talking about ipm and how to increase your soil life

F

FutureGrower

Hey everyone! Sorry for no updates for a long time I had some serious issues getting cspm lmao!

I think only one thing changed with my setup and that is that I no longer have a tent

As far as my understanding of living soil, I’m probably more confused than before lol! I’m learning individual pieces to soil one by one and I’m finding that’s a bit of a rabbit hole haha. I’m not a huge fan of academic based reading because I have a really hard time focusing on things but I did order teaming with microbes to hopefully put things into clarity!

I’m still missing aloe and silica, somehow 2 local grow stores, any health store Walmart target etc etc doesn’t carry either of them raw form. So I found a aloe concentrate liquid that’s 99% water and aloe that I’m gonna use (I really wanted to avoid liquid “nutes”. Side note, wtf is with the smell of neem lmao. My damn spare bedroom smells like top ramen that’s rotten or something haha, only saying this because after I run out of the neem meal I’m going to probably buy the liquid form.

I mixed up my soil 2 days ago still haven’t watered it in, probably going to do that as soon as I get done here.i used 1/3 cspm 1/3 red lava rock 1/3 Malibu bu compost if people want me to I’ll share the amendments I used but I can’t remember it all off the top of my head lol; and I’m using a 25 gallon smart pot.

Still the same 315 watt cmh cheapp light but I’ve been told it works great I’ll find out for myself soon. I no longer have the 3x3 tent (long story) and I kinda have a cheap thrown together setup right now but should work fine. I do have a question if anyone here is good with electricity.... should I be plugging the ballast directly into my timer or should I put a surge protector onto it?

Yesterday I threw a single seed in some bubbled tap water and it dropped like a hour later. From there I did the paper towel method however I did add a pinch of mykos from extreme gardening; threw it in a plastic bag and wrapped it in a towel then stuck it on my laptop. I took a peek today and it’s just starting to “hatch”. Hoping for the taproot to be long enough to plant tomorrow.

The conditions of my room are really good! Only thing I need to address is the low humidity it’s around 35%! I have humidifiers I run throughout the house even! But I’m going to dedicate one full time to the room it’s small and will even out fast.

Room temps have a low of around 65 and a high of 74 I’m sure those will go up on their own when I have the light running and the soil up to tempature.

Still need to make a scrog but not going out til after Christmas lol!

For the record when I post pictures you guys should have a good laugh at the setup I’m using. I’m halfway terrified that I’m going to flood my soil so I have a ton of plastic under my smart pot lol.

Merry Xmas or happy holidays!

F

FutureGrower

20171224 081833
20171224 081700

20171224 081842
20171217 131913
20171223 004202
20171223 093601
Ecompost

Ecompost

Hey everyone! Sorry for no updates for a long time I had some serious issues getting cspm lmao!

I think only one thing changed with my setup and that is that I no longer have a tent

As far as my understanding of living soil, I’m probably more confused than before lol! I’m learning individual pieces to soil one by one and I’m finding that’s a bit of a rabbit hole haha. I’m not a huge fan of academic based reading because I have a really hard time focusing on things but I did order teaming with microbes to hopefully put things into clarity!

I’m still missing aloe and silica, somehow 2 local grow stores, any health store Walmart target etc etc doesn’t carry either of them raw form. So I found a aloe concentrate liquid that’s 99% water and aloe that I’m gonna use (I really wanted to avoid liquid “nutes”. Side note, wtf is with the smell of neem lmao. My damn spare bedroom smells like top ramen that’s rotten or something haha, only saying this because after I run out of the neem meal I’m going to probably buy the liquid form.

I mixed up my soil 2 days ago still haven’t watered it in, probably going to do that as soon as I get done here.i used 1/3 cspm 1/3 red lava rock 1/3 Malibu bu compost if people want me to I’ll share the amendments I used but I can’t remember it all off the top of my head lol; and I’m using a 25 gallon smart pot.

Still the same 315 watt cmh cheapp light but I’ve been told it works great I’ll find out for myself soon. I no longer have the 3x3 tent (long story) and I kinda have a cheap thrown together setup right now but should work fine. I do have a question if anyone here is good with electricity.... should I be plugging the ballast directly into my timer or should I put a surge protector onto it?

Yesterday I threw a single seed in some bubbled tap water and it dropped like a hour later. From there I did the paper towel method however I did add a pinch of mykos from extreme gardening; threw it in a plastic bag and wrapped it in a towel then stuck it on my laptop. I took a peek today and it’s just starting to “hatch”. Hoping for the taproot to be long enough to plant tomorrow.

The conditions of my room are really good! Only thing I need to address is the low humidity it’s around 35%! I have humidifiers I run throughout the house even! But I’m going to dedicate one full time to the room it’s small and will even out fast.

Room temps have a low of around 65 and a high of 74 I’m sure those will go up on their own when I have the light running and the soil up to tempature.

Still need to make a scrog but not going out til after Christmas lol!

For the record when I post pictures you guys should have a good laugh at the setup I’m using. I’m halfway terrified that I’m going to flood my soil so I have a ton of plastic under my smart pot lol.

Merry Xmas or happy holidays!
Aloe you can get from ebay in most cases or local health stores hold it, some better than others, ie full plant extract, if not use Bio Hydrate, this has Aloe among other water regulating and bio stimulating plant extracts and saponins, its ultra potent too, so you are talking drops per gallon not ml or tsp and there is no need to faff about mixing Aloe from powder for example. While on BOX's site you can pick up K+AMINO, this contains high levels of bio activated silicon, SiOH4 (@20,000ppms) as well as abundant Amino forms of N, Ca, Fe, Mg, Mn, Zn, plus Fulvic acid, salicylic acid, B12 Vit A, C and E, Growth Hormones, SOD's and VOCs, it is suited for use from seed to week 3 / day 21 bloom. can be used later to stagger ripening where clones are used and manpower to harvest is low. Contains living wild microbes both growth and health promoting, so has a shorter shelf life than traditional products @12 . Is a super foliar and or soil drench treatment not only for MJ but for a wide range of plant types.
it contains many bio control microbes (soil antibiotic secreting) which can be used to pre treat outdoor beds after winter periods, limiting many common mold pathogens, fusarium, white molds etc ahead of planting, and or re-purpose existing media, restore polluted spaces boosting microbial counts esp NPK and mineral based Bacteria.

not all liquid nutes are created equal, some can be used to consolidate many inputs in to a powerful, low cost, easy, ready to use application, delivered to the door without the wait on reduction, or concern of soil/ media/ environmental conditions. Both products are 100% vegan, highly tested in this space, and contain only wild resonant microbes, not lab variants. Environmental factors are crucial to well functioning raw organics, and there are many cases where applying a salt or liquid, would in fact short cut much of the energy required to mobilize native OM in to plant available forms, without slowing microbial colonization, or breaching organic practice.

its one thing to have functioning soil, quite another to create it from shop brought compost without lots of time

Merry Xmas

F

FutureGrower

Aloe you can get from ebay in most cases or local health stores hold it, some better than others, ie full plant extract, if not use Bio Hydrate, this has Aloe among other water regulating and bio stimulating plant extracts and saponins, its ultra potent too, so you are talking drops per gallon not ml or tsp and there is no need to faff about mixing Aloe from powder for example. While on BOX's site you can pick up K+AMINO, this contains high levels of bio activated silicon, SiOH4 (@20,000ppms) as well as abundant Amino forms of N, Ca, Fe, Mg, Mn, Zn, plus Fulvic acid, salicylic acid, B12 Vit A, C and E, Growth Hormones, SOD's and VOCs, it is suited for use from seed to week 3 / day 21 bloom. can be used later to stagger ripening where clones are used and manpower to harvest is low. Contains living wild microbes both growth and health promoting, so has a shorter shelf life than traditional products @12 . Is a super foliar and or soil drench treatment not only for MJ but for a wide range of plant types.
it contains many bio control microbes (soil antibiotic secreting) which can be used to pre treat outdoor beds after winter periods, limiting many common mold pathogens, fusarium, white molds etc ahead of planting, and or re-purpose existing media, restore polluted spaces boosting microbial counts esp NPK and mineral based Bacteria.

not all liquid nutes are created equal, some can be used to consolidate many inputs in to a powerful, low cost, easy, ready to use application, delivered to the door without the wait on reduction, or concern of soil/ media/ environmental conditions. Both products are 100% vegan, highly tested in this space, and contain only wild resonant microbes, not lab variants. Environmental factors are crucial to well functioning raw organics, and there are many cases where applying a salt or liquid, would in fact short cut much of the energy required to mobilize native OM in to plant available forms, without slowing microbial colonization, or breaching organic practice.

its one thing to have functioning soil, quite another to create it from shop brought compost without lots of time

Merry Xmas

For the aloe I actually have some 200x concentrate ordered but I guess my local post office is swamped because everything has taken way too long to get here lol. I will purchase aloe plants and grow them in summer and I honestly expected to be able to find a aloe plant somewhere but no dice lol.

For silica I was going to buy some anus 16h but the k+amino is interesting! Do you know if they are the same species of microbes as the mykos? I know if they're different types they will fight until one remains dominant but in the mean time the plant can suffer... already from my understanding

Ecompost

Ecompost

For the aloe I actually have some 200x concentrate ordered but I guess my local post office is swamped because everything has taken way too long to get here lol. I will purchase aloe plants and grow them in summer and I honestly expected to be able to find a aloe plant somewhere but no dice lol.

For silica I was going to buy some anus 16h but the k+amino is interesting! Do you know if they are the same species of microbes as the mykos? I know if they're different types they will fight until one remains dominant but in the mean time the plant can suffer... already from my understanding
I will have a look mate, but i suspect the Mykos might lose, KAMINO is wild microbes. in most instances, what we find is fungus organizing the bacteria in to a plant fungus bacteria mutualistic biomes. KAMINO has no Mycos but does have high levels of Trichoderma and Yeast, alongside Actinobacteria

Rcubed

Rcubed

Ecompost

Ecompost

Hey that 315 fixture has been solid for me. I use a titan Apollo 4 ballast timer with no surge protector. You can get that controller for about 25 bucks.

Good luck to you. I've had good luck with that light so far. I have a Titan Apollo 4 controller/timer on mine and it's been great so far. I'm using mine to reveg my last harvest.
View attachment 766460
word, your plants look good, 315 is a top draw lamp

F

FutureGrower

I will have a look mate, but i suspect the Mykos might lose, KAMINO is wild microbes. in most instances, what we find is fungus organizing the bacteria in to a plant fungus bacteria mutualistic biomes. KAMINO has no Mycos but does have high levels of Trichoderma and Yeast, alongside Actinobacteria

Just for the record for anyone reading I meant agnis 16h not anus lmao.

But I will read a little too buddy, I’m still trying to figure out what works with what haha!

F

FutureGrower

Hey that 315 fixture has been solid for me. I use a titan Apollo 4 ballast timer with no surge protector. You can get that controller for about 25 bucks.
https://www.hydroponics.net/i/132749

Good luck to you. I've had good luck with that light so far. I have a Titan Apollo 4 controller/timer on mine and it's been great so far. I'm using mine to reveg my last harvest.
View attachment 766460

Nice man! And thank you for recommending it, everything else was way more expensive! Great find man

Rcubed

Rcubed

word, your plants look good, 315 is a top draw lamp
Thanks, my friend. I've been following you, @Organicks, and @brazel for solid info on organic growing. I appreciate your knowledge. I grow organic but I can see that I've made some mistakes in restarting my soil. Once I get these cloned I'll start the clones and all my seeds in no till from here on out.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Just for the record for anyone reading I meant agnis 16h not anus lmao.

But I will read a little too buddy, I’m still trying to figure out what works with what haha!
Yes, lots works, lots of things change things like microbial populations in subtle ways.
CO2 soil respiration is the art to knowing all is well and if you might need to interact.
You can prove how good your paid for inoculates are by measuring how well they respire CO2, only a microscope will show you otherwise and this often means you must disrupt to remove samples. Taking in situ soil CO2 tests will tell you if your microbes are working, and therefore if you have access to any and all Organic inputs, liquid, meal or other.
it can warn you of impending deficiency and so problem plant growth
The simple thing to know is that its the breathing out of CO2 by soil microbes, added to water, that enables acids to etch minerals from parent material, and or degrade polymers and lignins in to plant food based nutrients. It is the ability of microbes to create adhoc enzymes, (metagenomic) which then become resonate among the colony, and all of this means that offers you an advantage over anyone not using such natural evolution to support a more sustainable approach to cultivation. This ability to test and retest virgin material is also the reason all "cides" end up creating super resistant microbes and are a waste of time and money.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Thanks, my friend. I've been following you, @Organicks, and @brazel for solid info on organic growing. I appreciate your knowledge. I grow organic but I can see that I've made some mistakes in restarting my soil. Once I get these cloned I'll start the clones and all my seeds in no till from here on out.
good man, leaving the capillary system intact will also help you reduce your labor overhead and water use as well as retaining the vital glues and humates which can trap H2O via all natural electron donation and transfer. i recommend using tap root trainers for your starter plugs, this leaves the primary root system intact. These are just deeper than average modular plugs for seed trays, they tend to be min 4inches depth and transplanted with Mycos at this stage in to the final growing location, preferably of course the no till you are aiming at. Dont let the primary roots bend or circle before transplanting and this will give you the best chance of the stress free grow. As soon as the taproot bends, the plant is sequenced to produce secondary roots and you will lose yield as well as get more hassle with water etc. I strongly beleive the ramping application of nutrients coincided with the multi pot transplant method which invariably leads to damaged primary root structures, as well as more cleaning those darn tubs :-)

Your plants look awesome, keep it up, what you learn share, others will need the data too bro.

Happy xmas

Top Bottom