First Grow: Apache Tech At200 W/ Light Rail = 4x4 Full Coverage?

• Thread starter TheHopper92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will an AT200 provide 4x4 coverage if on a light rail?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Fuck LED's they suck in general

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I love lamp

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

TheHopper92

You want Cree cobs, Jerry Meng at Kingbrite is your man if you're not in US, selling American made Cree cobs.

You want "quantum" boards look up Mufue Technology.

You're looking for aluminium extrusions HY International is your go to place.
I love your quotation of quantum. I'm sorry; but what exactly is non-classical about those boards?

T

TheHopper92

Dimensions, although you can have them made any way you like, just send them gerber files.
I hate how ignorant I am right now. These are the things that I knew would slow me down and why I am not jumping straight into a DIY. Never took a Circuits class, I'll have to go pick up a book.

T

TheHopper92

I promise you my HVAC is on point though! Haha (not that there's really going to be much needed there for awhile haha).

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm sorry Toaster but your first sentence is factually inaccurate; sorta haha. You're getting something that is physically and electrically exactly the same as what's manufactured in the US, except when it's not. The caveat is that you've explained that your providers happily replace defective products which is great! If they go to market in mass (as China always does) it makes complete sense that they could lower production costs and still replace the excess defects that come from a sloppier cleanliness standard because they're making so many of them that it's still more profitable than cleaning the places up and hiking up the price. That's the reason that US manufactured commands the price it does. Not everybody will take the time to source their products as meticulously as some. I'm still waiting for some dank threads that will help me find these reputable Eastern sources. :shockedninja:

Youre also mixing apples, oranges and potatoes here as you're talking about three different products here.

T

TheHopper92

Youre also mixing apples, oranges and potatoes here as you're talking about three different products here.
Not really. I'm talking about a product, let's call it a diode. All I'm saying is that diode if purchased from China was not produced by CREE. It might be literally spec for spec, mm x mm the same exact item that CREE produces but it's not CREE's product. The rest is just basic economics. No biggy though.

Length-scale is like a measuring stick that we apply for when quantum-mechanical properties start taking effect. Generally it's considered anything in the nanometer range or smaller; usually picometer and femtometers (even smaller versions of the meter than the nanometer). If the board is claiming it is quantum in nature that means that they in theory would have designed the board with non-classical Physics... AKA Quantum Physics which is only applied at super small length scales. So I was wondering what process on the board gave them the right to use that title. Sorry, it's the scientist in me. It's probably just a marketing term; everybody is using the term quantum nowadays; thus the reason I seriously enjoyed your quotations haha.

My bad; not trying to give lectures in Classical v Quantum Physics.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Not really. I'm talking about a product, let's call it a diode. All I'm saying is that diode if purchased from China was not produced by CREE. It might be literally spec for spec, mm x mm the same exact item that CREE produces but it's not CREE's product. The rest is just basic economics. No biggy though.

Length-scale is like a measuring stick that we apply for when quantum-mechanical properties start taking effect. Generally it's considered anything in the nanometer range or smaller; usually picometer and femtometers (even smaller versions of the meter than the nanometer). If the board is claiming it is quantum in nature that means that they in theory would have designed the board with non-classical Physics... AKA Quantum Physics which is only applied at super small length scales. So I was wondering what process on the board gave them the right to use that title. Sorry, it's the scientist in me. It's probably just a marketing term; everybody is using the term quantum nowadays; thus the reason I seriously enjoyed your quotations haha.

My bad; not trying to give lectures in Classical v Quantum Physics.

Regarding Cree cobs, believe whatever you want. As.long those comming from china are putting out same numbers as those comming from USA i really don't give a fuck who actually made them.

Regarding length-scales, i suggest you Google "quantum boards" and see your american ingenuity for yourself. Might find something to be proud of, I mean scientifically. Chinese didn't come up with "quantum boards", American "engineers" did.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Not really. I'm talking about a product, let's call it a diode. All I'm saying is that diode if purchased from China was not produced by CREE.

Why?
You may be right that SOME that are knockoffs or lesser output producing diodes than stated but......not exactly a small building.

"592,000-square-foot facility in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, China"

"The facility will be Cree’s first chip-production facility outside of North America and is targeted to also house future components manufacturing expansion."

T

TheHopper92

Regarding Cree cobs, believe whatever you want. As.long those comming from china are putting out same numbers as those comming from USA i really don't give a fuck who actually made them.

Regarding length-scales, i suggest you Google "quantum boards" and see your american ingenuity for yourself. Might find something to be proud of, I mean scientifically. Chinese didn't come up with "quantum boards", American "engineers" did.
I agree with you 100%. Was just sorta being a stickler for facts haha. Performance is what matters, not brand name.

I have been looking into them trust me. Like I said they basically are a huge step over COB’s for device longevity. Those higher wattage COB’s from my understanding will probably burn out earlier than others LED’s due to thermal stress. Not necessarily saying their shit, just identifying a con in the design.

T

TheHopper92

Why?
You may be right that SOME that are knockoffs or lesser output producing diodes than stated but......not exactly a small building.

"592,000-square-foot facility in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, China"

"The facility will be Cree’s first chip-production facility outside of North America and is targeted to also house future components manufacturing expansion."
Now that is news to me. I stand corrected. It’s not a surprise, China has the pre-existing infrastructure to crank those bad boys out with some production line modification.

Any chance there are numbers published on what % of their chips are being produced overseas now? Just for shits and giggles.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I assume all or at least the majority but they would hide somewhat as best as possible for marketing reasons. People hear Cree and they think US. Thats worth something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom