First Grow: Apache Tech At200 W/ Light Rail = 4x4 Full Coverage?

• Thread starter TheHopper92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will an AT200 provide 4x4 coverage if on a light rail?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Fuck LED's they suck in general

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I love lamp

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

TheHopper92

You're right about that. I inspect every single part I recieve from China or USA or Germany. Chinese are gonna replace their bad product no problem. I ordered 50 boards and some came damaged through transport and some were simply sloppy made. They replaced every single one with a new flawless one. They also put an extra on top of it. And they also give 5 years warranty for their product.

US made doesn't mean it's from another planet.
See now you’re directly addressing my biggest personal issue/flaw here. That inherent distrust. I get sketched that somebody halfway across the globe isn’t gonna honor their warranty and then I don’t trust my bank anyways so I’m not counting on getting money back on faulty products in my head.

Hearing that’s it’s just a matter of finding reputable manufacturers is music to my ears. Any threads around here discussing Eastern brand reputations?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Osram is the largest semiconductor manufacturer of LEDs and they are out of Germany and Malaysia not China. Heatsink USA is out of Michigan although most use the pin fins which are most likely Chinese.
Cree manufactures everything in China now? or most like Toaster was saying.

Functionally illiterate?

Where did I say Cree is produced in china?
Who is talking about Osram? Learn to read and stop twisting my words.

T

TheHopper92

I'm in EU. American made giving me same quality as China made at three times the price isn't really my thing. I do work for living and I get to pay customs for both.

I can get 3 96 chip boards for $22.50, that makes 1 288qb that costs $75. I can get any Cree COB cheaper from China then from US from a reliable source used by Americans for at least a decade. American made quantum boards and china made "quantum" boards are all populated with Korean Samsung LM561C S6 chip using similar if not same production technology.

Like mentioned before, Meanwell is Taiwanese company. And heatsinks sold in US are most likely made there too.

So what did you really hear about buy USA?
I see where he mighta thought that. You are saying you can get an item manufactured in China that specs out exactly like a CREE manufactured chip right? Not that CREE manufactures their own items in China right?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Toaster doesn't like me and never did along with many here. He is a rude and not very friendly, nor as knowledgeable as he thinks unless your building a flashlight. He takes nice pictures though. I'm not one to care really what he thinks however.

Last edited:
T

TheHopper92

Haha how small is this particular community? Like I said I’ve been scouring a few cultivation forums for years but never really got into it as it was more prelim research.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You people need to learn how to read hahahaha.

I can get authentic Cree product cheaper from a Chinese supplier then from US one. What is there so hard to understand. Same product "made in USA", 2 vendors, 2 prices.

288qb is a quantum board from HLG, populated with 288 Samsung LM561C chips. 96 chip board from Chinese manufacturer is populated with 96 Samsung LM561C chips on a different format MCPCB. That MCPCB is made with the same technology, materials, reflow technique and what not as the one made in the USA. It's a 2mm thick aluminium plate, covered with a dielectric layer, layer of electrical paths and a mask covering it all leaving open contacts for chips soldering pads. A soldering mask is applied and soldering paste through that mask. Chips are positioned with a computer controlled pick'n'place machine and reflowed in an oven. It's not a sciencefuckingfiction.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Toaster doesn't like me and never did along with many here. He is a rude and not very friendly, nor as knowledgeable as he thinks unless your building a flashlight. He takes nice pictures though. I'm not one to care really what he thinks however.

Whatever floats your boat man

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm all for made in the USA, but if that means I'm paying double they can suck it. If the US wants me to buy US made everything products they can erase my student loan debt. Until then I'll remain a bargain shopper.
Hahaha word... See we dont use children to make nikes for a nickel a day. Our humans cost more than their humans.
Who wants to take bets that a 6 year old is making these jap leds hahaha

T

TheHopper92

You people need to learn how to read hahahaha.

I can get authentic Cree product cheaper from a Chinese supplier then from US one. What is there so hard to understand. Same product "made in USA", 2 vendors, 2 prices.

288qb is a quantum board from HLG, populated with 288 Samsung LM561C chips. 96 chip board from Chinese manufacturer is populated with 96 Samsung LM561C chips on a different format MCPCB. That MCPCB is made with the same technology, materials, reflow technique and what not as the one made in the USA. It's a 2mm thick aluminium plate, covered with a dielectric layer, layer of electrical paths and a mask covering it all leaving open contacts for chips soldering pads. A soldering mask is applied and soldering paste through that mask. Chips are positioned with a computer controlled pick'n'place machine and reflowed in an oven. It's not a sciencefuckingfiction.
I'm sorry Toaster but your first sentence is factually inaccurate; sorta haha. You're getting something that is physically and electrically exactly the same as what's manufactured in the US, except when it's not. The caveat is that you've explained that your providers happily replace defective products which is great! If they go to market in mass (as China always does) it makes complete sense that they could lower production costs and still replace the excess defects that come from a sloppier cleanliness standard because they're making so many of them that it's still more profitable than cleaning the places up and hiking up the price. That's the reason that US manufactured commands the price it does. Not everybody will take the time to source their products as meticulously as some. I'm still waiting for some dank threads that will help me find these reputable Eastern sources. :shockedninja:

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm sorry Toaster but your first sentence is factually inaccurate; sorta haha. You're getting something that is physically and electrically exactly the same as what's manufactured in the US, except when it's not. The caveat is that you've explained that your providers happily replace defective products which is great! If they go to market in mass (as China always does) it makes complete sense that they could lower production costs and still replace the excess defects that come from a sloppier cleanliness standard because they're making so many of them that it's still more profitable than cleaning the places up and hiking up the price. That's the reason that US manufactured commands the price it does. Not everybody will take the time to source their products as meticulously as some. I'm still waiting for some dank threads that will help me find these reputable Eastern sources. :shockedninja:

Believe what you want or what you've been told.

T

TheHopper92

What about it? Isnt it awesome!!! So cheap... And flexible schedules.
Hey man get me in on the goods. I'm tired of falling for this American trap. I got no problem with them if they replace their defective shit, those lights are tiny, tiny hands probably helps.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Child labor law, pollution law, permitting, regulation, tax, loss of goods... Stupid healthcare for workers.... Its the same shit with different stickers bud. That shit right up there is what you pay for. And probably good customer service and warranties but not always with us shit.

T

TheHopper92

Believe what you want or what you've been told.
I mean I just don't see the economic efficiency of CREE producing a product that itself is an intermediary good then moving it to a middleman overseas for such a good price that they can sell it back into their own country of origin and shade CREE's business. I see the economic efficiency of doing the same damn thing CREE is doing with slightly lower standards in production and higher quantities. They're the same damn thing, you're right; except when you have to return it haha. Maybe CREE sells their out of spec pieces that can't be binned and then that's a secondary market; I could see that as well. Point is your right; half way haha; in all the ways that really matter in this case. I'm not disagreeing here for the record haha.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You want Cree cobs, Jerry Meng at Kingbrite is your man if you're not in US, selling American made Cree cobs.

You want "quantum" boards look up Mufue Technology.

You're looking for aluminium extrusions HY International is your go to place.

T

TheHopper92

Child labor law, pollution law, permitting, regulation, tax, loss of goods... Stupid healthcare for workers.... Its the same shit with different stickers bud. That shit right up there is what you pay for. And probably good customer service and warranties but not always with us shit.
Hey don't get me wrong; I'd rather live here for sure. But I can't change an entire world government; if you can't beat 'em join 'em!

Top Bottom