First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RGWD0202

I try to do only the nutrient line the one watering then everything else the second watering, but of the times I’ve PHed I’ve never had to add ph up or down, I have two huge bottles untouched. It wouldn’t hurt to ph again if you think it’ll help, though.
I’d just check it to be safe. It can’t hurt and will add 30seconds to your watering. Do you use silica?

R

RGWD0202

I try to do only the nutrient line the one watering then everything else the second watering, but of the times I’ve PHed I’ve never had to add ph up or down, I have two huge bottles untouched. It wouldn’t hurt to ph again if you think it’ll help, though.
The growth in the first 3 weeks of flower is really solid! you are on track for a really nice harvest.

P

Purfict

Not sure if I’ve stated it on this thread, but I’m a student in university and my spring break just started. I was wondering if there are any projects, training, or ideas in general that I should look into while I have a little time off. I only work nights, so I have a few hours a day at my disposal, and would love to hear any ideas at all. The only long term ideas I have are converting one of the tents to a drying tent for about a week. My seedlings are about a week from sprout, and my flower tent has about 5 weeks left until harvest, give or take a week. The seed bank said expect a 7-8 week flower, but I’d be willing to let them go until I and/or you guys agree they can be chopped. I was planning on harvesting, then doing a deep clean of the flower tent before using my seedling tent as a drying station. Could put the vegging plants in the flower tent and let the get a good 1-5 weeks in there, depending on how vigorous their growth is. Other than that, anyone with ideas or even just want to discuss some ideas for a new grower to transition into the intermediate level would be appreciated. I won’t think any ideas are stupid.

PooToe

PooToe

Not sure if I’ve stated it on this thread, but I’m a student in university and my spring break just started. I was wondering if there are any projects, training, or ideas in general that I should look into while I have a little time off. I only work nights, so I have a few hours a day at my disposal, and would love to hear any ideas at all. The only long term ideas I have are converting one of the tents to a drying tent for about a week. My seedlings are about a week from sprout, and my flower tent has about 5 weeks left until harvest, give or take a week. The seed bank said expect a 7-8 week flower, but I’d be willing to let them go until I and/or you guys agree they can be chopped. I was planning on harvesting, then doing a deep clean of the flower tent before using my seedling tent as a drying station. Could put the vegging plants in the flower tent and let the get a good 1-5 weeks in there, depending on how vigorous their growth is. Other than that, anyone with ideas or even just want to discuss some ideas for a new grower to transition into the intermediate level would be appreciated. I won’t think any ideas are stupid.
Learn to propagate.

P

Purfict

Day 80, 23 of flower:
Thinking I will water in about two days from now, with a heavy feeding. Is stretching an accurate way to see if a hybrid is more sativa or indica dominant, or could it just be more vigorous growth than the other? I have 3 plants that stretched a good amount, and one barely any. What do you guys think?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 80, 23 of flower:
Thinking I will water in about two days from now, with a heavy feeding. Is stretching an accurate way to see if a hybrid is more sativa or indica dominant, or could it just be more vigorous growth than the other? I have 3 plants that stretched a good amount, and one barely any. What do you guys think?
I don’t know if that’s a true gauge of dominant leanings, that stretch thing can be attributed to light spectrum exposure and genetics, or something as simple as plant placement and soil and plant health too. Traditionally sativas have a thin leaf while indicas have a broad leaf, and hybrids fall in between.

R

RGWD0202

I don’t know if that’s a true gauge of dominant leanings, that stretch thing can be attributed to light spectrum exposure and genetics, or something as simple as plant placement and soil and plant health too. Traditionally sativas have a thin leaf while indicas have a broad leaf, and hybrids fall in between.
Different phenotypes probably, you can have seeds from the same plant and 1 could be short and stocky and another could be tall and lanky, never know what you are going to get. When buying seeds don’t use the picture of the variety on the website as a reason to purchase a particular variety. Always read the description, the better seed banks in my opinion will list what you can expect from various phenotypes of that particular variety and will provide multiple descriptions as opposed to just 1. Only real way to duplicate a variety is through cloning.

P

Purfict

Different phenotypes probably, you can have seeds from the same plant and 1 could be short and stocky and another could be tall and lanky, never know what you are going to get. When buying seeds don’t use the picture of the variety on the website as a reason to purchase a particular variety. Always read the description, the better seed banks in my opinion will list what you can expect from various phenotypes of that particular variety and will provide multiple descriptions as opposed to just 1. Only real way to duplicate a variety is through cloning.
The bank said to expect every plant to be relatively different, so they definitely weren’t lying. I feel like that’s a good thing, though, so I definitely won’t be complaining. I’ll probably harvest them all and cure them in their own jars and see if I can notice a different high with each.

R

RGWD0202

The bank said to expect every plant to be relatively different, so they definitely weren’t lying. I feel like that’s a good thing, though, so I definitely won’t be complaining. I’ll probably harvest them all and cure them in their own jars and see if I can notice a different high with each.
Yea it’s wild how it works, I think you said yours were from ILTGM?

P

Purfict

Yea it’s wild how it works, I think you said yours were from ILTGM?
Yea, not sure from which breeder, I know they sometimes tell you the specific breeder; at least they used to. No complaints about the seeds yet, sure I haven’t harvested yet but for a very first grow attempt to let 4/5 make it into mid flower with no issues is a win in my book.

R

RGWD0202

Yea, not sure from which breeder, I know they sometimes tell you the specific breeder; at least they used to. No complaints about the seeds yet, sure I haven’t harvested yet but for a very first grow attempt to let 4/5 make it into mid flower with no issues is a win in my book.
💯 You’ve definitely done well with it.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I do that too, I’ve definitely had different phenotypes growing more than one of the same types before.

P

Purfict

Day 81, 24 of flower:
Just watered all, I use about a liter between the 4 plants and still get runoff. Other people I know say they’d due about a gallon per plant, which is 4x the amount I give. Is this an issue? I don’t mind watering more frequently, but I haven’t noticed any issues. Is this hindering progress? I wait until droop to water, usually about 3-4 days. Could watering be what’s causing the edges of leaves to curl? What do you guys think?

R

RGWD0202

Day 81, 24 of flower:
Just watered all, I use about a liter between the 4 plants and still get runoff. Other people I know say they’d due about a gallon per plant, which is 4x the amount I give. Is this an issue? I don’t mind watering more frequently, but I haven’t noticed any issues. Is this hindering progress? I wait until droop to water, usually about 3-4 days. Could watering be what’s causing the edges of leaves to curl? What do you guys think?
I water 5gallon fabric pots with 1.25 gallons of water each every 3-4 days. 1/4 liter per plant seems really low. Run off could be happening because the soil is getting to dry and water is just running through it. They should also be drinking way more than that at this stage. Did you feed them this watering?

Are you talking about the leaves that have the tips curling down? Also, are the leaves getting lighter green in color or is that just the lighting?

P

Purfict

I water 5gallon fabric pots with 1.25 gallons of water each every 3-4 days. 1/4 liter per plant seems really low. Run off could be happening because the soil is getting to dry and water is just running through it. They should also be drinking way more than that at this stage. Did you feed them this watering?

Are you talking about the leaves that have the tips curling down? Also, are the leaves getting lighter green in color or is that just the lighting?
They are getting lighter, I use nutrients every other watering and cal-mag on the waterings I don’t use nutrients. That was my thought with the runoff, I was thinking of doubling their water today and then next week add another liter.

P

Purfict

Here’s them after double the water, gonna give them about 10 minutes to soak up the runoff they want and then I’ll try and soak up what’s left with paper towels just so they don’t sit in the runoff. The back left one is still being watered, so don’t think that ones bone dry.

P

Purfict

Day 82, 25 of flower:
Seemed to respond well to the extra water, or rather didn’t respond negatively. No droop, although there are some spots I must not have noticed yesterday, not sure if it’s something to be concerned about. What do you guys think?
Also, here are the seedlings. Germed 2 seeds in that brown pot, neither popped up. I only grow 4, so not an issue, but curious as to why it won’t grow in that pot.

R

RGWD0202

They are getting lighter, I use nutrients every other watering and cal-mag on the waterings I don’t use nutrients. That was my thought with the runoff, I was thinking of doubling their water today and then next week add another liter.
It looks like calcium/magnesium deficiency… calmag every other feeding and general hydro floral for feeding right? even if you are adding both of the nutrients if the plant has locked them out due to other issues it won’t uptake those nutrients. Overfeeding and PH out of range is usually what affects the uptake of calmag. From the journal I don’t think you are overfeeding. Makes me think it’s PH. And the “you don’t have to PH FF soil because of buffers and you don’t have to PH general hydro nutes” I believe is inaccurate. I’d make sure ph going in and coming out are above 6 and below 7 next feeding. I could be completely wrong but no harm in verifying.

P

Purfict

It looks like calcium/magnesium deficiency… calmag every other feeding and general hydro floral for feeding right? even if you are adding both of the nutrients if the plant has locked them out due to other issues it won’t uptake those nutrients. Overfeeding and PH out of range is usually what affects the uptake of calmag. From the journal I don’t think you are overfeeding. Makes me think it’s PH. And the “you don’t have to PH FF soil because of buffers and you don’t have to PH general hydro nutes” I believe is inaccurate. I’d make sure ph going in and coming out are above 6 and below 7 next feeding. I could be completely wrong but no harm in verifying.
i agree, no harm in checking. I’ll be sure to.

Top Bottom