First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Just out of curiosity, did you ever check the ph before adding your nutrients?
I did, with nutrients it was sitting at between 6.8-6.9. I started using spring water, which naturally has a slightly high ph than RO water, but I was happy to see it was in/ really close to a good ph.

R

RGWD0202

I did, with nutrients it was sitting at between 6.8-6.9. I started using spring water, which naturally has a slightly high ph than RO water, but I was happy to see it was in/ really close to a good ph.
That’s where ya want it… I woulda guessed it was too low locking out the P and Mag. They are filling out nicely. Hopefully the increase in k helps with your issue, though it doesn’t really appear to be slowing ya down much.

P

Purfict

That’s where ya want it… I woulda guessed it was too low locking out the P and Mag. They are filling out nicely. Hopefully the increase in k helps with your issue, though it doesn’t really appear to be slowing ya down much.
I will say I could notice an explosion in growth after that first heavy feeding. I keep taking pictures of the one cola in detail each day since that one isn’t topped, so that’s been the cola I can look at in detail. Surely the rest will follow suit, at least hopefully.

P

Purfict

Looks like 3 plants loved the water, 1 not so much. Gonna let them do their thing for a few days without upping the light since they’re starting to show signs of light stress, too. What do you guys think?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Looks like 3 plants loved the water, 1 not so much. Gonna let them do their thing for a few days without upping the light since they’re starting to show signs of light stress, too. What do you guys think?
The droop should lift up eventually

P

Purfict

Sorry to post 3 times in a day, but look at this girl! Bounced back just in hours. Thought this would be an encouraging post to new growers to not fret too much when you see that level of droop; that was the first time I saw that amount of droop.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Sorry to post 3 times in a day, but look at this girl! Bounced back just in hours. Thought this would be an encouraging post to new growers to not fret too much when you see that level of droop; that was the first time I saw that amount of droop.
Nice!

P

Purfict

Day 91, 33 of flower:
Gave them all a solid feeding. They seem to be eating a lot of leaves, and in no particular order. What could be causing this, is it as simple as they’re just looking for nutrients? Are the brown spots a concern? I know it’s normal towards the end of flower, but is week five considered late flower? I try to trim them as I find them, here’s some while still on the plant.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Sorry for the mess of links, I think it’s definitely a potassium deficiency. That being said, potassium is a mobile nutrient so you will see the issue in older lower leaves first and as it progresses it will pull all available potassium from where it’s no longer needed and devote it to newer growth. So that’s what you are seeing when you say it’s eating its leaves. I would suggest that you keep using your bloom nutrients for every watering and be sure to make sure that your ph is in the 5.5 at lowest to 6.5 at highest range. Water slowly until you get runoff. Don’t let them get dry, that will only cause more nutrient uptake issues. I know I over emphasized the watering thing to death at this point, but it’s the easiest way to to create issues with your grow. Either under or overwatering will directly affect the health and vitality of your plants. It’s one of the most important things to grasp when you start growing.

P

Purfict

Sorry for the mess of links, I think it’s definitely a potassium deficiency. That being said, potassium is a mobile nutrient so you will see the issue in older lower leaves first and as it progresses it will pull all available potassium from where it’s no longer needed and devote it to newer growth. So that’s what you are seeing when you say it’s eating its leaves. I would suggest that you keep using your bloom nutrients for every watering and be sure to make sure that your ph is in the 5.5 at lowest to 6.5 at highest range. Water slowly until you get runoff. Don’t let them get dry, that will only cause more nutrient uptake issues. I know I over emphasized the watering thing to death at this point, but it’s the easiest way to to create issues with your grow. Either under or overwatering will directly affect the health and vitality of your plants. It’s one of the most important things to grasp when you start growing.
I agree, I think what the issue was is a combination of overwatering in the first few weeks of sprout and then under watering when they’re mature. Also, when I was dealing with fungal gnats all the way back in veg, I bottom watered for a week or two, so I think the soil became hydrophobic. Watering is what I hope to get down by this next grow, since it’s how the plant can grow at a decent rate. I agree with the potassium, hopefully not too much damage is done and I can pump enough food safely.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I agree, I think what the issue was is a combination of overwatering in the first few weeks of sprout and then under watering when they’re mature. Also, when I was dealing with fungal gnats all the way back in veg, I bottom watered for a week or two, so I think the soil became hydrophobic. Watering is what I hope to get down by this next grow, since it’s how the plant can grow at a decent rate. I agree with the potassium, hopefully not too much damage is done and I can pump enough food safely.
I have faith in you my friend 🤣!!

P

Purfict

Just made some small changes to my grow room, what do you guys think? I have a 30W fan in the seedling tent, a 30W oscillating fan in flower along with a 4 inch “inline” fan blowing new air into the grow tent, and just added another 16W monkey fan on the bottom. Is this too much airflow? I haven’t been really using the inline fan, just creating positive pressure forcing new air out of the open netting on the backside, which has cardboard around it that doesn’t let light in at night, although there is complete darkness in the entire basement at night. Is this too much airflow, not enough? Here’s a video of how they move with the fans. Also, thanks for the confidence marty.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Just made some small changes to my grow room, what do you guys think? I have a 30W fan in the seedling tent, a 30W oscillating fan in flower along with a 4 inch “inline” fan blowing new air into the grow tent, and just added another 16W monkey fan on the bottom. Is this too much airflow? I haven’t been really using the inline fan, just creating positive pressure forcing new air out of the open netting on the backside, which has cardboard around it that doesn’t let light in at night, although there is complete darkness in the entire basement at night. Is this too much airflow, not enough? Here’s a video of how they move with the fans. Also, thanks for the confidence marty.
Looks great a little bit of a breeze, and that can also help combat potential mold or mildew issues as well. Plus you’re turning the air over in the tent so it’s getting fresh air which will have higher co2 levels vs air that sits stagnant. Good 👍 job.

P

Purfict

Day 94, 37 of flower:
Still looking hungry, gonna feed tomorrow morning at lights on. Seems like all plants are clawing, would you guys recommend doing less amounts of micro than what the feeding chart suggests? Or will messing with the balance of nutrients cause more issues? They’re looking frosty, excited to see how much more dense they get. Seedlings growing alright, gonna water them tomorrow morning too.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 94, 37 of flower:
Still looking hungry, gonna feed tomorrow morning at lights on. Seems like all plants are clawing, would you guys recommend doing less amounts of micro than what the feeding chart suggests? Or will messing with the balance of nutrients cause more issues? They’re looking frosty, excited to see how much more dense they get. Seedlings growing alright, gonna water them tomorrow morning too.
Push em harder, give em what you got!!

B

BudBadBaron

Day 94, 37 of flower:
Adjusting the amount of micro might be worth a shot, tinkering with the nutrient balance and so on

Latest posts

Top Bottom