First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

I'm not a soil guy.......also I'm still getting the feel for deficiencies......

I know what I would do if they were my plants, but I wouldn't advise you to chop a few nodes off till someone knows what the problem is.....

As I'm typing this, Marty took the words outta my mouth......

I'm wondering if they are still drenched at the bottom of the containers........

In my thread, if you wanna look at a droop, the vegged solo cups are a touch more dryback than what is the norm.......

You don't have to check from the start......maybe 2, possibly 3 pages from the end......

I believe it's a water issue with your plants......

They love a nice dryback to a certain extent.........not quite like mine, but just about.......I was off by a day or two......

Keep us posted.......

P.S. like Marty said with the leaves...if their touching soil, get rid of um......unless your topping, you want the leaves.....they are the solar panels to your plant......

P

Purfict

I'm not a soil guy.......also I'm still getting the feel for deficiencies......

I know what I would do if they were my plants, but I wouldn't advise you to chop a few nodes off till someone knows what the problem is.....

As I'm typing this, Marty took the words outta my mouth......

I'm wondering if they are still drenched at the bottom of the containers........

In my thread, if you wanna look at a droop, the vegged solo cups are a touch more dryback than what is the norm.......

You don't have to check from the start......maybe 2, possibly 3 pages from the end......

I believe it's a water issue with your plants......

They love a nice dryback to a certain extent.........not quite like mine, but just about.......I was off by a day or two......

Keep us posted.......

P.S. like Marty said with the leaves...if their touching soil, get rid of um......unless your topping, you want the leaves.....they are the solar panels to your plant......
My plan is to top, but want them to be healthy before topping. But I know it’s a watering issue, I think I just need to supplement my soil next time to give it better flow, maybe added perlite or small rocks or something.

Bilber

Bilber

I love perlite........it's pretty universal with the amount also....

50/50......some do 40/60.....some 60/40......anywhere around those #s are good.....

I'm about the 50/50.....then another big scoop of perlite......maybe 2......

P

Purfict

Morning of day 39:
Think I might have gave too much nutrients, looks like clawing and a discoloration. What do you guys think? Also, the gnats seem to be alive. What would you guys suggest? I added some standing yellow sticky traps along with the Mosquito Bits in their watering. Was gonna use the mosquito bits for their next few waterings, would you guys put more DE down?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I read the first page only

Oh dear we almost cleaned the co2 bags myth up here we go again 🤣

Your wasting money on co2 bags they do not <<<< make a single bit of difference nil nadda zero none lol

It’s impossible to get enough co2 out of a bag to anything but make your wallet lighter

You need<<< a sealed room with tanks of co2 to make a difference

Even say you spend all day opening bags you’d still be wasting your money it would go right out your vent

You need and I cannot put this more clearly You need a sealed room with tanks of CO2 to make a difference

All your doing is wasting money
You may as well blow on them it would have the same effect as those co2 bags

They are only made to real in new growers.

Another thing is Ro water has all the goodness removed that you normally find in tap water

Ro water is not gold standard it’s had all the goodness removed as said if you use that then you will have to buy some micronutrients at some point

P

Purfict

I read the first page only

Oh dear we almost cleaned the co2 bags myth up here we go again 🤣

Your wasting money on co2 bags they do not <<<< make a single bit of difference nil nadda zero none lol

It’s impossible to get enough co2 out of a bag to anything but make your wallet lighter

You need<<< a sealed room with tanks of co2 to make a difference

Even say you spend all day opening bags you’d still be wasting your money it would go right out your vent

You need and I cannot put this more clearly You need a sealed room with tanks of CO2 to make a difference

All your doing is wasting money
You may as well blow on them it would have the same effect as those co2 bags

They are only made to real in new growers.

Another thing is Ro water has all the goodness removed that you normally find in tap water

Ro water is not gold standard it’s had all the goodness removed as said if you use that then you will have to buy some micronutrients at some point
I actually got the Co2 bag for free from the shop I bought from, and even that guy said it will maybe help by 1%. I did look into Co2 enough to know that a 3 pound bag wouldn’t do much. And the nutrient line I went with does have all micronutrients needed.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Morning of day 39:
Think I might have gave too much nutrients, looks like clawing and a discoloration. What do you guys think? Also, the gnats seem to be alive. What would you guys suggest? I added some standing yellow sticky traps along with the Mosquito Bits in their watering. Was gonna use the mosquito bits for their next few waterings, would you guys put more DE down?
If you gnats I highly suggest nematodes
They will munch them up in no time

Once had some nearly a year battling them I used d.earth ect ect and the Only thing that did the trick in the end was the nematodes

You can buy them elsewhere they do sell them online or flea bay

Just don’t let the soil get bone dry while they do there thing .. Munch munch munch

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I actually got the Co2 bag for free from the shop I bought from, and even that guy said it will maybe help by 1%. I did look into Co2 enough to know that a 3 pound bag wouldn’t do much. And the nutrient line I went with does have all micronutrients needed.
I should of had a smoke first
Sry bud
I just remembered the last guy saying he used them and we couldn’t convince him he was wasting money and I went over the top this time 🫤 sry bud

P

Purfict

If you gnats I highly suggest nematodes
They will munch them up in no time

Once had some nearly a year battling them I used d.earth ect ect and the Only thing that did the trick in the end was the nematodes

You can buy them elsewhere they do sell them online or flea bay

Just don’t let the soil get bone dry while they do there thing .. Munch munch munch
Interesting, I’ll have to look into them. I didn’t see anything for like 5-6 days so I’m not sure how they lived but my last hope is neem oil and then i’m into the idea.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Interesting, I’ll have to look into them. I didn’t see anything for like 5-6 days so I’m not sure how they lived but my last hope is neem oil and then i’m into the idea.
Diatomaceous earth is just finely ground fresh water fossils, it looks like powder to us but in the scaled down version of the bug world it’s jagged shards that can cause serious damage to bugs, especially in their larvae form. If you’re going to use again don’t use nematodes or you’ll probably kill them too. I think one of purposes of pest management is to take out generations of pest, not to kill all at once but to knock them down each time them come back and breed, eventually the numbers get too low to sustain a population. Other times predators are used to keep the numbers in check. But as I said in another post the top layer of soil is where fungus gnats thrive, if you allow it to remain dry for longer periods it’ll keep them down too. That’s why I suggest bottom watering for a while.

P

Purfict

Lights on day 39:
Caught a good amount of gnats on my yellow sticky tape. Gave a good spray of neem oil on the soil of the pots. I think they weren’t a fan of their first dose of nutrients, especially the plant in the bottom right. Looks like clawing and some dots appeared on the top leaf. I think it is from being overfed, but that’s only my guess. What do you guys think it is? Hopefully not more pests. Was hopping to top them a few times before flipping, want to kind of get things rolling since I only have around 2 more feet of space until they hit the light.

Bilber

Bilber

Neem oil...........I don't know......it's some bad shit.......

Before you use it again, read about it......

Gnats love moist soil.......let the plant go through a proper dry cycle........

Neem oil is not the answer.........

Just this person's opinion......

I'd hate to see you lose your plants because of that shit................!

P

Purfict

Neem oil...........I don't know......it's some bad shit.......

Before you use it again, read about it......

Gnats love moist soil.......let the plant go through a proper dry cycle........

Neem oil is not the answer.........

Just this person's opinion......

I'd hate to see you lose your plants because of that shit................!
I’ve heard somewhat positive reviews about it without seeing any negatives, perhaps i didn’t go deep enough? I was planing on getting some neems to get rid of this problem for good, just had some diluted neem laying around.

P

Purfict

I’ve heard somewhat positive reviews about it without seeing any negatives, perhaps i didn’t go deep enough? I was planing on getting some neems to get rid of this problem for good, just had some diluted neem laying around.
As in nematodes, that is. Just to be clear.

P

Purfict

I should of had a smoke first
Sry bud
I just remembered the last guy saying he used them and we couldn’t convince him he was wasting money and I went over the top this time 🫤 sry bud
Not a problem at all, I’ve tried to convince a very old school grower this exact point but he was the same way. Can lead a horse to water… lol.

Bilber

Bilber

Yeah......the rabbit 🕳............

Neem is not good......at all........

You'll have some swearing by it.......

If you have extra medium of your choice, put a dry layer over the top......

I know and read up and into, from the inside outside, above and below.....neem is not good........

Sorry for the rant.....just trying to help save, not kill your beauties......

P

Purfict

Yeah......the rabbit 🕳............

Neem is not good......at all........

You'll have some swearing by it.......

If you have extra medium of your choice, put a dry layer over the top......

I know and read up and into, from the inside outside, above and below.....neem is not good........

Sorry for the rant.....just trying to help save, not kill your beauties......
No need to be sorry at all, I appreciate the input. I’ll put some Ocean Forest I have left over now.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 40:
Started training today, ordered a scrog net and topped them. Hoping to get them into flower in around 2 weeks, but not sure if that’s very doable. What do you guys think?
A lot can happen as far as growth goes in a two week period, that’s plenty of time to start working them into the scrog net and even after you flip them they’re gonna stretch out for a few weeks.

P

Purfict

A lot can happen as far as growth goes in a two week period, that’s plenty of time to start working them into the scrog net and even after you flip them they’re gonna stretch out for a few weeks.
I’m just worried that this is their growth in 40 days. This is my first grow, but I feel like this isn’t much growth for 40 days since breaking ground. What do you think about their growth?

Top Bottom