First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

Do you by chance lift your container for measuring water/feed cycle?

Looks good...lights are powerful.....

P

Purfict

Do you by chance lift your container for measuring water/feed cycle?

Looks good...lights are powerful.....
I do lift the pots each day to help gauge when to water. I was thinking I would do another bottom feed for next watering.

Bilber

Bilber

I've never bottom fed my plants....but yes......that'll keep the top layer dryer longer....

Make sure there's airflow......they hate dry and windy.......

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

They’re looking good, are you planning on using a scrog net or training them, if so sooner rather than later while those stems are still pliable.

P

Purfict

They’re looking good, are you planning on using a scrog net or training them, if so sooner rather than later while those stems are still pliable.
I got one I’m setting up tomorrow that just came in, just a scrog from AC infinity. Figured topping and scrog would be my best bet, although I’m not sure if I should top the mutated one (closest to the camera on first picture).

P

Purfict

Not autos right? ✂
Nope, female photos unless ILGM slipped a dude in there. After I bought from them and joined this thread I haven’t heard the best things, but 20 seeds for 120$ isn’t too bad. Gonna change banks after I use them/give them away to some people I know that grow.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Don’t be afraid to push your net low, these two were trained, and then I threw my net in the tent and pushed it down to about a foot from the soil, as to spread the branches out. It wasn’t a proper scrogging, but a scrog none the less, typically I would use net in mid to late veg stage and continue to tuck branches away and out through the third week of flower. These two didn’t get the net until week four almost five of “flower” air quotes because they’re autoflowers.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Nope, female photos unless ILGM slipped a dude in there. After I bought from them and joined this thread I haven’t heard the best things, but 20 seeds for 120$ isn’t too bad. Gonna change banks after I use them/give them away to some people I know that grow.
I grew some Super Silver Haze from ILGM, I was pretty happy with it.
IMG 2559
I call this picture Seat’s taken.

D

dazedays

Day 41:
Not much noticeable growth, but no noticeable damage spreading either. I moved my oscillating fan lower to hopefully anger the gnats more, and ordered more traps. I tried using a little baking soda per recommendation on a different thread. Also put up a new yellow sticky trap before bed last night and haven’t caught anything, so either the fan is making them made or their population is dying out. Either way I was looking into nematodes but wanted to do more research before buying them since some sources I found at a quick glance said certain nematodes can harm plants. What do you guys think?
I’m seeing over fertilizing and it’s time for some cal-mag at this point. I’d water with 1g straight RO and add 1tsp of epsom salt. Your soil is getting salty.

These plants are looking good though! Keep it up! :)

P

Purfict

Day 46:
SCROG net set up, one plant is taller than the rest and 1 is shorter than the rest. Think I should let them grow into the net? Got nematodes today so gonna put those in their water maybe on friday. Did some more trimming on unhealthy leaves. Think now is a good time to trim some more larger leaves? Let me know what you guys think.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 46:
SCROG net set up, one plant is taller than the rest and 1 is shorter than the rest. Think I should let them grow into the net? Got nematodes today so gonna put those in their water maybe on friday. Did some more trimming on unhealthy leaves. Think now is a good time to trim some more larger leaves? Let me know what you guys think.
Split the distance between the tallest and shortest, if possible elevate the short one and bring the net as low into your canopy as possible while gently bending your plants down. The first day will allow lower branches the opportunity to catch up to your net. Each day you will see places where you can tuck your plants branches further away from the center of the pot. It’s a good way to keep your eyes on plants during the first week or two of scrogging, you’ll want to remove leaves that block access to new growth, while leaving any other leaves alone,. I wouldn’t trim until you lowered the net onto your plants .

P

Purfict

Split the distance between the tallest and shortest, if possible elevate the short one and bring the net as low into your canopy as possible while gently bending your plants down. The first day will allow lower branches the opportunity to catch up to your net. Each day you will see places where you can tuck your plants branches further away from the center of the pot. It’s a good way to keep your eyes on plants during the first week or two of scrogging, you’ll want to remove leaves that block access to new growth, while leaving any other leaves alone,. I wouldn’t trim until you lowered the net onto your plants
I’m not too sure how to do that in this situation, I feel like I can’t exactly get a good bend on these freshly topped branches. I feel like the canopy is flat against the net now on all but the one. Also this mutated one has a stem growing wild, does something like this look good? Not sure what to do with this one.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I’m not too sure how to do that in this situation, I feel like I can’t exactly get a good bend on these freshly topped branches. I feel like the canopy is flat against the net now on all but the one. Also this mutated one has a stem growing wild, does something like this look good? Not sure what to do with this one.
If you start at the base of soil and find the point between the bottom and absolute top of your plant where it’ll bend close to 90 degrees. Pinch the stem and roll it between your thumb and index fingers, think of it as a deep tissue massage. While you pinch and roll applying downward pressure towards the 90 degrees point. Point the top of the plant to the corner of the tent and lower the net downward in that corner. This will keep the plant stable as it begins to adjust from vertical to horizontal growth. Repeat with all the other plants facing each towards their own outer corners. Don’t be afraid to weave the plant in and out of the netting if it’s spry enough.

P

Purfict

Day 47:
Gonna water tomorrow at 6pm when their lights turn on, but how’s the SCROG look. It’s tangled so there should be another row or two on the outside once I get it right. Otherwise, what do you guys think?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Neem oil...........I don't know......it's some bad shit.......

Before you use it again, read about it......

Gnats love moist soil.......let the plant go through a proper dry cycle........

Neem oil is not the answer.........

Just this person's opinion......

I'd hate to see you lose your plants because of that shit................!
Certain neem is alright Bilbs I use the cold pressed neem along with pure crop one weekly in veg never in flower though👍

Bilber

Bilber

Hey Just.....it is useful in its own way....some might over do it though....

Purf.....looking great as usual.....they will fill in during transition, but if you're not in a hurry, give them a lil longer......I hate giving advice with training....I love having smaller, more plants, vs. one large plant....you're doing great....plants love it......

Top Bottom