First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
This AC Infinity one got me an extra two degrees in the tent so far. I plugged it in a 9 and set it to medium. It claims to be 20W, so this might me a solution. I just turned it all the way up, I’ll check again. I’m just more concerned with the durability, it was only 30$ so hopefully it lasts more than a few weeks.
I have just given up at this point. I was able to get a dehumidifier that should be here next week and im banking on that increasing temps : ) and by that time I may need to get the AC dialed ( that’s a whole other can of worms).

It’s ACI! They have great customer service so if something were to go wrong with it im sure they would take care of you : )

P

Purfict

I have just given up at this point. I was able to get a dehumidifier that should be here next week and im banking on that increasing temps : ) and by that time I may need to get the AC dialed ( that’s a whole other can of worms).

It’s ACI! They have great customer service so if something were to go wrong with it im sure they would take care of you : )
That was another reason I got rid of the aquarium heater, rh was around 85 non stop. I’m hoping the same will happen with mine, I’m barely using my exhaust fan to keep temps up.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
rh was around 85 non stop.
Thats an awesome trick though when you need the humidity!!!
I’m barely using my exhaust fan to keep temps up.
I had to kick mine on just to draw some fresh air in with a room temp of 74! It dropped to 70 for a lot of the rest of the night hahaha! Im really trying to keep a zen like attitude with the whole thing 🤪 were making this happen! : )

P

Purfict

Thats an awesome trick though when you need the humidity!!!

I had to kick mine on just to draw some fresh air in with a room temp of 74! It dropped to 70 for a lot of the rest of the night hahaha! Im really trying to keep a zen like attitude with the whole thing 🤪 were making this happen! : )
My flower tent will drop to 64 during lights on if I keep it on all day, so what I did was get 2 oscillating fans going, a 6inch inline outside going through a duct, and a 4inch monkey fan all on 24/7 to keep up on the airflow. It’s all enough to get fresh air in, but I’m ready to not have to run it all.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
My flower tent will drop to 64 during lights on if I keep it on all day, so what I did was get 2 oscillating fans going, a 6inch inline outside going through a duct, and a 4inch monkey fan all on 24/7 to keep up on the airflow. It’s all enough to get fresh air in, but I’m ready to not have to run it all.
That’s a good idea! Gotta make do with what we got : ) I hear you though on having to run it all 27/7. What are you going to do when you have a dialed setup and don’t have to tinker?😂 I’ll start more projects I have to tinker with😂

voltage

voltage

Day 111, 54 of flower:
Looking like a couple gnats got into the veg tent, maybe from watering so frequently early on. Only 1 leave finger I noticed had some twist and I spotted a few on the yellow traps I’ve had in the pots since the start. Don’t think it should be a problem, they’re all having a pretty long dry back and I only found 2 gnats. I’ll just have to keep an eye on it.
Looks delicious. I have 2 runtz day 34 flower I hope they look this good at day 54.

Got mine from Nasc if I remember correctly they came In a sealed barney's farm packaging

Last edited:
P

Purfict

That’s a good idea! Gotta make do with what we got : ) I hear you though on having to run it all 27/7. What are you going to do when you have a dialed setup and don’t have to tinker?😂 I’ll start more projects I have to tinker with😂
By the time I have that setup dialed in, I’ll be working on getting as nice an outdoor setup I can with 4 plants. I’m super excited to get the outdoor setup going, gonna run a few different strains.

P

Purfict

Day 112, 55 of flower:
Letting them do their thing. Gnats are affecting two plants now, think I might give them another watering of nematodes again tomorrow. Gonna turn on the exhaust fan for about an hour, see if they will slow down at least. Just don’t want to water again so quickly and overwater them.

P

Purfict

Day 113, 56 of flower:
Looks like one plant is looking better from the gnats, the other still affected. Going to try to wait another day to give them nematodes so they can have some kind of a dry back. Would you guys start taking bigger fan leaves off now? Flower tent looks and smells good.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 113, 56 of flower:
Looks like one plant is looking better from the gnats, the other still affected. Going to try to wait another day to give them nematodes so they can have some kind of a dry back. Would you guys start taking bigger fan leaves off now? Flower tent looks and smells good.
I would transplant the smaller one soon. And I’m not sure if I can tell, but are you not using saucers under the fabric pots? If you don’t have any, I’d get some and bottom water for the next few waterings. This will ensure the plant is getting the moisture in the root zone while allowing the top to dry out and kill those fungus gnats.

P

Purfict

I would transplant the smaller one soon. And I’m not sure if I can tell, but are you not using saucers under the fabric pots? If you don’t have any, I’d get some and bottom water for the next few waterings. This will ensure the plant is getting the moisture in the root zone while allowing the top to dry out and kill those fungus gnats.
I was thinking of putting that one outdoors and seeing what happens. I plan to not use pots for my outdoor grow, would you recommend going to a 5 gallon or a 3. The one it’s in now is just under a gallon, but I don’t want to get a pot too big for it if I plan to put it outdoors in around a month.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I was thinking of putting that one outdoors and seeing what happens. I plan to not use pots for my outdoor grow, would you recommend going to a 5 gallon or a 3. The one it’s in now is just under a gallon, but I don’t want to get a pot too big for it if I plan to put it outdoors in around a month.
Same size as the other ones

P

Purfict

Day 114, 57 of flower:
Might water in a day or two, still some damage on the one plant in the veg tent, but the other looks like it’s recovered and is growing quicker than the one with damage. Might top the other 3 soon again, but gonna hold off on the one with visible damage just so it has more time to recover. The two with vigorous growth look like they want into the flower tent, so just about another week or so until I let them veg a little longer in the flower tent. Would you guys defoliate a little bit on these younger plants? All 4 move constantly with the fan, but i’m not sure if the very bottom has perfect airflow. When they go in the flower tent, they’ll have 3 more fans going on them.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 114, 57 of flower:
Might water in a day or two, still some damage on the one plant in the veg tent, but the other looks like it’s recovered and is growing quicker than the one with damage. Might top the other 3 soon again, but gonna hold off on the one with visible damage just so it has more time to recover. The two with vigorous growth look like they want into the flower tent, so just about another week or so until I let them veg a little longer in the flower tent. Would you guys defoliate a little bit on these younger plants? All 4 move constantly with the fan, but i’m not sure if the very bottom has perfect airflow. When they go in the flower tent, they’ll have 3 more fans going on them.
Beautiful fade going on in the flower tent.

P

Purfict

Day 155, 58 of flower:
Looks like the plants in veg tent are recovering, will keep training them. Flower tent is looking hungry, might give them one more feeding.

P

Purfict

Day 156, 59 of flower:
Fed the flower tent, from the naked eye it looks like there are still some clear trichomes, mostly cloudy but a few clear ones. Not sure why I’m coming so far past the recommended flower time, but they’re looking good. Had to support a few branches because they started falling over. Veg tent looking well, think I will bottom feed for the rest of veg, I’ve seen good results and been recommended to in this thread. Not sure if the twisting of new growth is from wind burn or the gnats, I decided to move the fan up a little bit.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 156, 59 of flower:
Fed the flower tent, from the naked eye it looks like there are still some clear trichomes, mostly cloudy but a few clear ones. Not sure why I’m coming so far past the recommended flower time, but they’re looking good. Had to support a few branches because they started falling over. Veg tent looking well, think I will bottom feed for the rest of veg, I’ve seen good results and been recommended to in this thread. Not sure if the twisting of new growth is from wind burn or the gnats, I decided to move the fan up a little bit.
So one thing you can do in veg is keep an eye on your lower leaves, if you start seeing symptoms on lower leaves it is a sign of a mobile nutrient deficiency, immobile deficiency will show up in your newer leaves up top. I think your plants in veg look really healthy from what I see, new leaves will always be a lighter color than your established fan leaves below. As far as twisting is concerned check your humidity if it’s too low you might see twisting or something similar to wilt. Or it could also be wind burn. I would give those plants in flower less than a week, and take lots of cool pictures, the checkerboard pattern with the left front and right rear matching each other and the left rear and right front matching themselves is a really cool example of phenotypic expression. And the fade is what makes cannabis so beautiful in the first place. You have done well Purfict!!!

P

Purfict

So one thing you can do in veg is keep an eye on your lower leaves, if you start seeing symptoms on lower leaves it is a sign of a mobile nutrient deficiency, immobile deficiency will show up in your newer leaves up top. I think your plants in veg look really healthy from what I see, new leaves will always be a lighter color than your established fan leaves below. As far as twisting is concerned check your humidity if it’s too low you might see twisting or something similar to wilt. Or it could also be wind burn. I would give those plants in flower less than a week, and take lots of cool pictures, the checkerboard pattern with the left front and right rear matching each other and the left rear and right front matching themselves is a really cool example of phenotypic expression. And the fade is what makes cannabis so beautiful in the first place. You have done well Purfict!!!
I actually have a problem with high humidity, it’s at around 80 in the veg tent. I think it might be wind burn since that plant gets by far the most airflow being pointed at by all the fans. I moved the monkey fan up and pointed it away from it, I’ll have to check. I know some breeders say their runtz don’t get very amber, and I’m more a fan of a head high than body high so 1 week might be what I do. I agree with the plants in opposite corners look alike, while the other two look very different. I’m excited to see what the healthy plants look like late in flower. The 1 is already up to my waist, I’ll have to train it quicker than the rest. I topped only that one again this morning. Going to pick up some large saucers to strictly bottom feed until flower.

P

Purfict

Day 157, 60 of flower:
Bottom fed the veg tent, still some gnat damage so hopefully by keeping the top few inches dry it’ll kill more off. Had to prune the bushy one since it couldn’t get good airflow, and transplanted the smallest one. Not going to do anything to the mature plants other than water one more time.

Top Bottom