First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

What is it? A seed?
Yea, thought it looked like one so I plucked it out and it was a seed. Popped it open to be sure, hopefully there aren’t too many, but I don’t want to stress them out by plucking them all now so close to harvest. Figure I could wait until after dried.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Yea, thought it looked like one so I plucked it out and it was a seed. Popped it open to be sure, hopefully there aren’t too many, but I don’t want to stress them out by plucking them all now so close to harvest. Figure I could wait until after dried.
They did experience some stressors in their life time, just glad that you got past that and that the second round is looking way better growth wise than the first. Signs of progress are a good thing 😉

P

Purfict

They did experience some stressors in their life time, just glad that you got past that and that the second round is looking way better growth wise than the first. Signs of progress are a good thing 😉
I went in the grow expecting it to be very rough, even though they hermed I still think this first grow was above my expectations. I’m excited for the next batch, they’re looking much better than I could have hoped for.

P

Purfict

Day 161, 64 of flower:
Gnats still in the veg tent, trying to get a really good dry back and then I have another dose of nematodes. Watered the flower tent, think I’ll chop Friday. Definitely more stretch than I’d like in the veg tent, but they’re showing signs of light stress because of the gnats. Think as long as I can get a really good scrog net going it won’t be too large a problem.

P

Purfict

Day 162, 65 of flower:
Day before chop, not much left to do. Will try to pick the seeds out after they’re dried, should I just toss the seeds? Veg tent is exploding, they’ll love the bigger tent and training. Just nervous about the gnats, will probably prune lightly. Not very much amber, but I can find a few here and there.

P

Purfict

Day 163, 66 of flower; chop day
I’m glad I picked a day I have a few hours of free time because it definitely needed it. What I did was take everything out of both tents, scrubbed it all with water, then alcohol diluted into water, then water again.

I completely stripped the 3x3 which is where I will be drying for 7-10 days, the only things in there are a small fan, the 2 foot heating pad, and the inline fan working from 7-8 am, 2-3 pm, 7-8 pm, and midnight to 1-am. The reason I’m doing this is because I feel like temperatures will dip too much. I have the small fan going 24/7, nothing pointing directly at the drying plants but enough for them all to be moving around.

In the flower tent, I have my 5 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots, all of which got a pretty serious pruning. I’m going to train them with a trellis in a few days when they recover from the heavy pruning, but at least they all get airflow now. Set the mars hydro ts3000 to about 40% power, will wait to see how they respond. Gonna stick with an 18/6 schedule for about a week or two and will see where they’re at. Got my 4 foot heating pad going, set it to turn off if it reaches 90° which I doubt it will ever get close to with 3 fans and an inline fan going all the time.

How do these plants look? They got their last water a few days ago, but they’re still moist except for the top few inches of soil. Somehow the gnats are still going at them, hopefully with 4 fans it’ll evict at least a few. No new ones on the sticky traps, maybe that damage will just be permanent on the leaves? Slightly over fertilized, but nothing bad. Still have another top or two in them and trellis net.

Long post today, any and all advice is appreciated.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 163, 66 of flower; chop day
I’m glad I picked a day I have a few hours of free time because it definitely needed it. What I did was take everything out of both tents, scrubbed it all with water, then alcohol diluted into water, then water again.

I completely stripped the 3x3 which is where I will be drying for 7-10 days, the only things in there are a small fan, the 2 foot heating pad, and the inline fan working from 7-8 am, 2-3 pm, 7-8 pm, and midnight to 1-am. The reason I’m doing this is because I feel like temperatures will dip too much. I have the small fan going 24/7, nothing pointing directly at the drying plants but enough for them all to be moving around.

In the flower tent, I have my 5 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots, all of which got a pretty serious pruning. I’m going to train them with a trellis in a few days when they recover from the heavy pruning, but at least they all get airflow now. Set the mars hydro ts3000 to about 40% power, will wait to see how they respond. Gonna stick with an 18/6 schedule for about a week or two and will see where they’re at. Got my 4 foot heating pad going, set it to turn off if it reaches 90° which I doubt it will ever get close to with 3 fans and an inline fan going all the time.

How do these plants look? They got their last water a few days ago, but they’re still moist except for the top few inches of soil. Somehow the gnats are still going at them, hopefully with 4 fans it’ll evict at least a few. No new ones on the sticky traps, maybe that damage will just be permanent on the leaves? Slightly over fertilized, but nothing bad. Still have another top or two in them and trellis net.

Long post today, any and all advice is appreciated.
Looks good, happy 4/20 Purfict great day to harvest!!

P

Purfict

Day 53, day 2 of drying:
It’s been 53 days since sprout of these plants, they’re looking well. Topped all of them except the one that’s growing bushy, want that to catch up. Got 2 gallons between the 5 pots until I started getting runoff, but I gave them the other dose of nematodes and gave a little bit of cal mag. I’m going to try to get ph the same on all waterings from now on, going between 6.2-6.5. Scrog net in a few days when they’re recovered. Do you guys see any issues other than gnat damage? I have one hydrometer at the bottom of the tent drying the flower, the one that is at bud level says 65°F 62% rh. The one at the bottom says 75%rh and around the same temp.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 53, day 2 of drying:
It’s been 53 days since sprout of these plants, they’re looking well. Topped all of them except the one that’s growing bushy, want that to catch up. Got 2 gallons between the 5 pots until I started getting runoff, but I gave them the other dose of nematodes and gave a little bit of cal mag. I’m going to try to get ph the same on all waterings from now on, going between 6.2-6.5. Scrog net in a few days when they’re recovered. Do you guys see any issues other than gnat damage? I have one hydrometer at the bottom of the tent drying the flower, the one that is at bud level says 65°F 62% rh. The one at the bottom says 75%rh and around the same temp.
Looking good

P

Purfict

Day 54, 3 of drying:
Took the water well, now it’s just the gnats causing issue. I’ve been using the inline fan much more, but it looks like two plants still have a good amount of stress from the gnats.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 54, 3 of drying:
Took the water well, now it’s just the gnats causing issue. I’ve been using the inline fan much more, but it looks like two plants still have a good amount of stress from the gnats.
Did you use up all your nematodes? If so coat the surface of each pot with DE and bottom water through the saucer for the next week, and put out a yellow sticky trap under each canopy just above the soil. This should knock them back enough that you’ll see barely any before flipping to flower. Also an occilating fan at the height of the top pots will push any adult gnats into your sticky traps.

P

Purfict

Did you use up all your nematodes? If so coat the surface of each pot with DE and bottom water through the saucer for the next week, and put out a yellow sticky trap under each canopy just above the soil. This should knock them back enough that you’ll see barely any before flipping to flower. Also an occilating fan at the height of the top pots will push any adult gnats into your sticky traps.
Sounds like a plan. I watered yesterday so they’ll have at least 4-5 days before needing to be bottom watered. Maybe what i’ll do is set up a scrog after bottom watering them. I do have a fan pointed at the very tops of the plants and one at the bottom, so I’ll just have to add some DE. It worked well last time, it’s just a headache when it gets everywhere.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Sounds like a plan. I watered yesterday so they’ll have at least 4-5 days before needing to be bottom watered. Maybe what i’ll do is set up a scrog after bottom watering them. I do have a fan pointed at the very tops of the plants and one at the bottom, so I’ll just have to add some DE. It worked well last time, it’s just a headache when it gets everywhere.
Just a reminder that you should use a mask when using that stuff and turn off your fans until you finish applying it.

P

Purfict

Day 56, 5 of drying:
Definitely not something you want to open the tent to. Not sure what happened, I checked these yesterday before lights off at around 9:30pm, and it looked healthy. This was what looked like one of the stronger plants, so not sure what happened. They all are on the same water schedule, and I don’t think it’s overwatered at all. It does have a bit less soil than the rest of the plants, if that affects it this much. Maybe it got root bound? Any advice appreciated. Worst case scenario, I take the smaller one in the 5 gallon and replace the one wilting and just toss it, but the stems look strong it’s just the leaves. Let me know what you guys think.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 56, 5 of drying:
Definitely not something you want to open the tent to. Not sure what happened, I checked these yesterday before lights off at around 9:30pm, and it looked healthy. This was what looked like one of the stronger plants, so not sure what happened. They all are on the same water schedule, and I don’t think it’s overwatered at all. It does have a bit less soil than the rest of the plants, if that affects it this much. Maybe it got root bound? Any advice appreciated. Worst case scenario, I take the smaller one in the 5 gallon and replace the one wilting and just toss it, but the stems look strong it’s just the leaves. Let me know what you guys think.
Purfict, where are your saucers?? I bet you have a root wad at the exact same temperature as your heating pad. You should definitely have Saucer under each pot. Especially when you are using a heat pad, I would pick up the wilted one and gauge by weight if it’s completely dried out. My guess is that it is. Or that you cooked the roots. Either way for safety sake alone you should have saucers between your pad and pots, electrocution hazard big time. I hope this is the solution to your problem. Either way that plant should come off the heat pad especially if it is warm enough to notice at the bottom of the pot. Good luck 🍀

P

Purfict

Purfict, where are your saucers?? I bet you have a root wad at the exact same temperature as your heating pad. You should definitely have Saucer under each pot. Especially when you are using a heat pad, I would pick up the wilted one and gauge by weight if it’s completely dried out. My guess is that it is. Or that you cooked the roots. Either way for safety sake alone you should have saucers between your pad and pots, electrocution hazard big time. I hope this is the solution to your problem. Either way that plant should come off the heat pad especially if it is warm enough to notice at the bottom of the pot. Good luck 🍀
Turns out it was just super thirsty. I tested by giving it a liter, and it started to bounce back immediately. I gave it another liter before I left my house, so I’ll have to check when I get home. I’ve noticed the heating bad can’t ever get passed 70°F, and the temp in the tent peaks at about 66° during lights on. I should get saucers, though. I was planning on using the ones I used last grow, but they don’t fit. I know I have to make a run to my local hydroponic store Friday, I’ll have to get some that fit. I just hope it can bounce back, if not I can take that smaller one and use it for indoor, but I was planning on putting that one outdoors even though I’m not starting my other outdoor plants until next week after the first crop is done drying.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Turns out it was just super thirsty. I tested by giving it a liter, and it started to bounce back immediately. I gave it another liter before I left my house, so I’ll have to check when I get home. I’ve noticed the heating bad can’t ever get passed 70°F, and the temp in the tent peaks at about 66° during lights on. I should get saucers, though. I was planning on using the ones I used last grow, but they don’t fit. I know I have to make a run to my local hydroponic store Friday, I’ll have to get some that fit. I just hope it can bounce back, if not I can take that smaller one and use it for indoor, but I was planning on putting that one outdoors even though I’m not starting my other outdoor plants until next week after the first crop is done drying.
Yeah saucers are only going to improve the condition of your grow tent, they catch spills, which keeps the tent floor cleaner. And also allows for bottom watering when you’re trying to combat fungus gnats. I’ve gotten away from using the cheapest option and opted for something a little more durable that allows for a smaller point of contact with the tent floor. The less areas for moisture to hide the less likely you will have mold or fungus issues. These saucers have four raised or impressed spots that act as legs. Allows airflow underneath. Keeps tent floor dryer.

P

Purfict

Yeah saucers are only going to improve the condition of your grow tent, they catch spills, which keeps the tent floor cleaner. And also allows for bottom watering when you’re trying to combat fungus gnats. I’ve gotten away from using the cheapest option and opted for something a little more durable that allows for a smaller point of contact with the tent floor. The less areas for moisture to hide the less likely you will have mold or fungus issues. These saucers have four raised or impressed spots that act as legs. Allows airflow underneath. Keeps tent floor dryer.
I was hoping to keep it in the box, but I got one of those 360° space heaters, I think I’ll have to run it in the center of the tent when I flip to flower. When I bottom feed, what I’ll do is take a 30 gallon storage container and fill it with water and let them soak up up to a few inches below the surface of the soil. I found growth exploded after doing it, so I think I’ll stick with it just for veg. I plan to put a net in soon, but am nervous because these plants are already stressed with the toppings and the gnats. I’m hoping the gnats are done with soon, I haven’t seen any flying around or on sticky traps in a while now but the leaves still are showing stress.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I was hoping to keep it in the box, but I got one of those 360° space heaters, I think I’ll have to run it in the center of the tent when I flip to flower. When I bottom feed, what I’ll do is take a 30 gallon storage container and fill it with water and let them soak up up to a few inches below the surface of the soil. I found growth exploded after doing it, so I think I’ll stick with it just for veg. I plan to put a net in soon, but am nervous because these plants are already stressed with the toppings and the gnats. I’m hoping the gnats are done with soon, I haven’t seen any flying around or on sticky traps in a while now but the leaves still are showing stress.
Now that we’re getting into spring time with summer around the corner what are your seasonal normal temperatures in your lung room?

P

Purfict

Now that we’re getting into spring time with summer around the corner what are your seasonal normal temperatures in your lung room?
With the temps sitting at around 50°F outside right now, they’re still sitting at 19°C according to my only thermometer sitting outside the tents. I’m hoping it goes upwards of 70°F in the king room, it’s my basement so it gets cold in winter and hot in summer, at least hopefully.

Top Bottom