First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

With the temps sitting at around 50°F outside right now, they’re still sitting at 19°C according to my only thermometer sitting outside the tents. I’m hoping it goes upwards of 70°F in the king room, it’s my basement so it gets cold in winter and hot in summer, at least hopefully.
That’s not bad at all, I wish I could keep my lung room around that, but I’ll be over 80 in a couple months. I took last summer off because of how warm it gets

P

Purfict

That’s not bad at all, I wish I could keep my lung room around that, but I’ll be over 80 in a couple months. I took last summer off because of how warm it gets
With how strong my inline fan is, I’d pray for those temps. What i’ve been doing is since airflow is so important when drying is 30 min on, 90 minutes off with my monkey fan on 24/7.

P

Purfict

Here’s a pick of it now, it’s got about 3 liters into it. Some leaves are curling inwards, not sure if this is expected to return to normal. Also a spot on the top leaf, if anyone knows what this means.

P

Purfict

Day 57, 6 of drying:
Think I’m going to bottom water tomorrow morning at lights on, starting to see some droop. Even though I gave about 3 liters yesterday to this wilted plant, would you guys water it again?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Had enough time to water today, here’s them right after
So looking at the picture, the two plants in the back seem noticeably smaller. I’m wondering if you swapped them around to the front if they would get better exposure to the light? You’re going to have a little difficulty lowering your scrog net down onto them with such a height difference between the two sides.

P

Purfict

So looking at the picture, the two plants in the back seem noticeably smaller. I’m wondering if you swapped them around to the front if they would get better exposure to the light? You’re going to have a little difficulty lowering your scrog net down onto them with such a height difference between the two sides.
Yea, I’ve been trying to put the smaller ones closer to the middle of the tent and the taller ones more towards the end. My thought was to scrog the two taller ones for a week or two longer than the others. I also stopped topping the smaller ones to let them catch up in height.

P

Purfict

Day 58, 7 of drying:
Here’s then minutes after lights on. I think they might need a defoliation soon, luckily I’ll be able to move the smaller plant from the middle when this crop is done drying which will be soon. The branches don’t snap, but they’re close. Training can start in about a week with a net, but other than that I think I’ll be able to flip into flower so long as the gnats aren’t an issue. Maybe I’ll be safe and get another batch of nematodes the next time I have to water.

P

Purfict

So it’s time for me to start planning for my outdoor grow. I got about 10 seeds, I can post pics of them later today but I plan to grow:
two Durban Poison-Humboldt Seed Company
and 2 from a variety pack I got from Ethos
I’m thinking what I’ll do is grow straight in the ground. What I plan to do is till the ground up and add a few pounds of perlite and go with top dressings for food. Any advice on what to do is appreciated, luckily I have a neighbor who has been growing outdoor for a while now so I’ll get some help, but trying to keep it simple and cheap.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I’m thinking what I’ll do is grow straight in the ground. What I plan to do is till the ground up and add a few pounds of perlite and go with top dressings for food.
What’s your native soil like? I have clay and have been slowly adding soil over the last few years. I like the idea of tilling and adding perlite but if the soil is shit you need to address that first and foremost (IN MY OPINION). I dug a trench once and filled that fucker full of black gold, it was awesome.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

So it’s time for me to start planning for my outdoor grow. I got about 10 seeds, I can post pics of them later today but I plan to grow:
two Durban Poison-Humboldt Seed Company
and 2 from a variety pack I got from Ethos
I’m thinking what I’ll do is grow straight in the ground. What I plan to do is till the ground up and add a few pounds of perlite and go with top dressings for food. Any advice on what to do is appreciated, luckily I have a neighbor who has been growing outdoor for a while now so I’ll get some help, but trying to keep it simple and cheap.
If you can source pumice instead of perlite it’s a lot better for the environment. I guess it really depends on what you have for soil. I can give you a recipe for my organic soil mix. 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 perlite and or pumice, 1/3 earthworm castings. Then amend with appropriate amount of either build a soil craft blend, Gaia green, or some other organic dry amendments. That’s how I grow, and after I mix it up, I’ll plant a 12 seed cover crop and put some hay on top of it and water. This cover crop will help keep the top soil from drying out and it also helps put nitrogen back into the soil two ways. One way is Nitrogen-fixing plants are those with rhizobia bacteria that live on their roots and convert the atmospheric nitrogen into nitrogen compounds for their own use.Another way is when you chop and drop it back into the topsoil. This is just a single suggestion that doesn’t have to be applied to garden beds, it’s great for larger pots upwards of 7 gallons.

P

Purfict

What’s your native soil like? I have clay and have been slowly adding soil over the last few years. I like the idea of tilling and adding perlite but if the soil is shit you need to address that first and foremost (IN MY OPINION). I dug a trench once and filled that fucker full of black gold, it was awesome.
Just looking at the prices of things like Happy Frog and amended soils steered me away from using large pots like 15 gallons. But I do need to see how this soil is.

P

Purfict

Day 60, 9 of drying:
Looks like the two shorter ones are starting to catch up. Looking like a little light stress throughout the tent except on the shortest one. I think I’ll top the tallest one one more time and then put the scrog in. The plants drying are taking longer than expected. The lowest I can get rh to is low 60s, it’ll bounce between ~62%-68%. The branches still aren’t snapping easily. Do you think I should feed with my general hydroponics food, some are looking very hungry already. The tallest one is starting to eat weaker leaves.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 60, 9 of drying:
Looks like the two shorter ones are starting to catch up. Looking like a little light stress throughout the tent except on the shortest one. I think I’ll top the tallest one one more time and then put the scrog in. The plants drying are taking longer than expected. The lowest I can get rh to is low 60s, it’ll bounce between ~62%-68%. The branches still aren’t snapping easily. Do you think I should feed with my general hydroponics food, some are looking very hungry already. The tallest one is starting to eat weaker leaves.
Yes give them some food, I dry for 14 days before I jar anything, so you have some time.

P

Purfict

Day 61, 10 of drying:
I’m going to keep the inline fan going 24/7 now, humidity climbed to 71 in the tent they’re drying. Hopefully the heating pad will be able to keep the veg plants warm enough. Looking better, more signs of light stress so turned the light down even more, closer to 15-20%. Still only the 1 plant eating leaves, gonna be feeding from now on at every watering. Plan to start germinating my seeds that I’ll use for outdoor soon, just want these first plants to dry first. Maybe germinate them in 3 days?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 61, 10 of drying:
I’m going to keep the inline fan going 24/7 now, humidity climbed to 71 in the tent they’re drying. Hopefully the heating pad will be able to keep the veg plants warm enough. Looking better, more signs of light stress so turned the light down even more, closer to 15-20%. Still only the 1 plant eating leaves, gonna be feeding from now on at every watering. Plan to start germinating my seeds that I’ll use for outdoor soon, just want these first plants to dry first. Maybe germinate them in 3 days?
What signs of light stress are you seeing? I’d say that your plan to feed every watering is on point, you’ve probably exhausted your soils nutrient supply at this point. I would suggest starting at 1/2 strength and working up to full strength feeds. Just remember that prior to switching plants from amended soil to bottled nutrients that before there was that natural buffer between available nutrients and your roots called bacteria. Making the switch to watered in fertilizers makes anything you water in readily available to the plant, you aren’t waiting on the microbes to make those nutrients readily available anymore.

P

Purfict

What signs of light stress are you seeing? I’d say that your plan to feed every watering is on point, you’ve probably exhausted your soils nutrient supply at this point. I would suggest starting at 1/2 strength and working up to full strength feeds. Just remember that prior to switching plants from amended soil to bottled nutrients that before there was that natural buffer between available nutrients and your roots called bacteria. Making the switch to watered in fertilizers makes anything you water in readily available to the plant, you aren’t waiting on the microbes to make those nutrients readily available anymore.
I can see the edges of the leaves trying to close up on themselves aswell as slight taco-ing. The top leaves seem to be “praying” or pointing up more than normal. That one in the back left is looking awesome, uniform colors, no gnat damage, and small space between nodes.

P

Purfict

Day 62, 11 of drying:
Thinking I’ll be able to put the scrog in after next watering with food. It’s getting close to flipping. I know I’ve seen some people cut the lowest branches off before flipping, is this something I should do to allow better production on main colas? Will it also get rid of bud sites on the bottom of the plant?

Latest posts

Top Bottom