First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Galgrows

Galgrows

Day 62, 11 of drying:
Thinking I’ll be able to put the scrog in after next watering with food. It’s getting close to flipping. I know I’ve seen some people cut the lowest branches off before flipping, is this something I should do to allow better production on main colas? Will it also get rid of bud sites on the bottom of the plant?
I was just gonna ask when were you gonna flip these? Better get that net up now.

P

Purfict

Day 63, 12 of drying:
Might need to speed up the drying, 12 days and the branches are still not snapping. Watered the veg tent, will put in the scrog tomorrow as long as they do well with the feeding.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 63, 12 of drying:
Might need to speed up the drying, 12 days and the branches are still not snapping. Watered the veg tent, will put in the scrog tomorrow as long as they do well with the feeding.
Which branches are you trying to snap, the smaller ones or main stems?

P

Purfict

Day 64, 13 of drying:
I think I might test how the bud burns tonight, give it a trim, and see if it’s ready to cure. Feeling the bud it feels ready, but want to be sure. Just scared to over dry. Gonna put the trellis net in tomorrow morning, they liked the feeding without getting too burnt. Some signs of clawing, but they needed the food.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

My friend from Canada is getting to my place around 10pm, so we’ll have two opinions. Would it be best to use a bowl or something to see how it smokes?
Whatever your favorite way to smoke is your best option. I like smoking joints, but that burns through my stash quickly so I use a nice water bong most of the time. I think joints taste better, but bongs pack a punch 🥊

P

Purfict

Day 65, 14 of drying:
Didn’t smoke test last night, but I did take a bud and leave it in a jar to see if moisture collected and it didn’t. Think I’ll trim everything now. Put the net in the veg tent, will flip in about a week or two.

P

Purfict

Trimmed them up, gonna give them an extra few days to dry. I jarred them up after trimming, but they were so sticky they wouldn’t move. I put a hygrometer in a jar and rh was sitting at about 66-67.

P

Purfict

Day 68, 17 of drying:
Been a while since I posted, been very busy. The veg tent was super thirsty, I gave them food and here’s them after water. Still letting the bud dry a bit, not sure how to tell when they’re done. They still seem too sticky to put in jars. If I give them a small squish, they return to normal, but if I apply some pressure, I could squish the bud into a tiny square. I added another 12 inch fan going 24/7 in the tent to try and help them out. Thinking of flipping sometime next week in the veg tent.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 68, 17 of drying:
Been a while since I posted, been very busy. The veg tent was super thirsty, I gave them food and here’s them after water. Still letting the bud dry a bit, not sure how to tell when they’re done. They still seem too sticky to put in jars. If I give them a small squish, they return to normal, but if I apply some pressure, I could squish the bud into a tiny square. I added another 12 inch fan going 24/7 in the tent to try and help them out. Thinking of flipping sometime next week in the veg tent.
Sticky is a desired affect, I’d say that they’re ready for jars, just be hyper vigilant about burping them a couple times a day for a week, then once a day for a week, then every other day burp em after three weeks you should be fine. Just pay attention to moisture content inside the jars before and after burping.

P

Purfict

Sticky is a desired affect, I’d say that they’re ready for jars, just be hyper vigilant about burping them a couple times a day for a week, then once a day for a week, then every other day burp em after three weeks you should be fine. Just pay attention to moisture content inside the jars before and after burping.
I can put a hygrometer in one of the jars, hopefully they’ll be around the same rh. I can jar them tomorrow and buy more bevita humidity packs.

P

Purfict

Day 73:
Been a while since I posted, but these plants are coming along nicely. They’re filling the scrog up well other than the shortest one, but I think I need to start preparing to flip. I fed them today, so I think what I’ll do is a defoliation and 1 feeding as I transition to bloom. Popped my 4 plants I plan to put outdoors, along with the 1 still in the veg tent I will take. What my plan is is to start getting my medium ready outside when I can, and put the 4 plants I have in 1 gallon pots and the runtz in the 5 gallon pot into the veg tent and match the amount of time of light on to outdoors. Finally got a dehumidifier since the drying and curing was being so stubborn. I’ve gotten the first crop to a point where it’s smokable, just not grindable. I don’t smoke very often anymore, but I was able to share with a bunch of friends and everyone said it was a solid smoke, just excited to get it cured so it tastes better. I’ll deep clean the veg tent when the flower is stable in the 60-65rh range

Top Bottom