First Grow Auto Blue Diesel

• Thread starter Rookieguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rookieguy

Hey all. So I started my first grow. I popped 2 Advanced seeds auto blue diesel in jiffy pucks. They're sitting in 5 gallon hempy buckets (overkill, I know but you use what you have, right?) under a single CFL until my Timber 400 (actual) watt leds get here later this week. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I'll show you all. Nutes, I fugue on using GH maxi line for simplicity. So here I go!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hey all. So I started my first grow. I popped 2 Advanced seeds auto blue diesel in jiffy pucks. They're sitting in 5 gallon hempy buckets (overkill, I know but you use what you have, right?) under a single CFL until my Timber 400 (actual) watt leds get here later this week. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I'll show you all. Nutes, I fugue on using GH maxi line for simplicity. So here I go!
There should be an upload file button right next to the post reply button.

Funk junky

Funk junky

what ratio of perlite to vermiculite are you using? was gonna try hempy buckets before but put it off. would like to see how you get on as I run autos in winter as its hard to get temps right in my house. but when running autos on 20 hour light wernt suffering. am interested in this one cause seen what deep water culture does with autos. good luck :)

R

Rookieguy

Hey, Funky Kinky. I'm running about 3:1 perlite to vermiculite. Mr. Hempy's original recipe. Once cool, always cool, right? Anyways, this is my first grow, so follow along but I'm new so I'm probably not going to do these justice.

In other news, I came home from a rough day ast work to find my new lights waiting for me. Yay! It didn't combs with a hanger strap, but to hold me over until Friday when I can go out and get something, bungee cords will work. The pic really doesn't do it justice how bright three lights are.
So so far, I have 2 little seedlings about 3 days old and a serious ass light to make them happy.

R

Rookieguy

Ok, I see I replied to Funky Kinky rather than Funky Junky like I had meant to. Along with a slew of other typos. Sorry, Funky. The other day I took off a little bit of my typing fingers at work. So they're bandaged and I'm going to be typing some pretty gnarly things as a result until the bandages come off. I promise I'm not drunk or anything lol.
I also realized I left of a lotta stuff. So I'm growing in a 2x4x6.5 Gorilla tent. Got me a Hurricane fan and Black Ops scrubber. I have no idea what my temps and humidity are. Friday while I'm out getting hangers I'll pick up a gauge. I do know my little tent is cool. And since I'm running pretty good leds, there won't be much exhaust to heat my tent. Would a heat bulb like from the pet store be a good idea? I plan on following the basic hempy bucket watering and feeding, only starting way low because autos don't like a lot of nutes.
I think that's about it for details. If anyone has questions, please ask. If anyone sees me doing something stupid, please say something. Comments are always welcome as I'm trying to learn. Otherwise, lets all watch the Rookieguy try not to proverbially fall on his keister on his first grow!

R

Rookieguy

Ok. Notting to update yet. Still too early. But, well, a different kind of problem I want to get you guys' take on. Ok, not really a problem. But, well, phuck it.

So I've been without meds since April 1. It's now June something. So there's my tolerance break. And I told myself I'm not going to smoke anything until I'm smoking my own. A worthy goal, right? However, I work in foodservice which means 1) I'm the only clear eyed guy at work and 2) it's all around.
I'm feeling a moment of weakness. So here's my quandry. Should i wait it out until my first (autoflower) grow is ready or give into temptation?

I kinda want to have my tolerence way low for my secret garden's harvest. And, well, the kid I've met is almost (but not quite) half my age and I feel kinda funny about that.

On the other hand, I've been hanging out with some old army buddies. Misters Daniels, Beam, and Ronnie. They're old friends but up to their usual tricks. And I kinda miss my meds for personal reasons I'd rather not get into right now.

So I guess my question is did you guys give yourselves a break awhile growing your first or not? I know everyone's situation is different, what works for one is not necessarily gong to work for another and all that. But still, what worked for you? Thanks.

Funk junky

Funk junky

I had cut down but only cause fed up of small deals of cheese all the time! and yeah id moved over 100 miles away and my dealer hadn't started shaving yet, its funny buying weed of someone who know less about it than you

R

Rookieguy

It's been a week. Not a lot to update, they're still doing their thing. Vegetative states don't really make for exciting update posts. But I'm still happy my first girls are looking healthy.
I'm very pleased with this light. There is no stretching, no space at all between leaves. That's really cool!
Well, onto pics.

R

Rookieguy

Hey everyone. Another week, another update. What a difference a week makes too. My little girls are really growing. But what's awesome is they're growing without any space between nodes. I don't know if that's strain, lights, method, or what. But I'm not complaining.

I popped another seed a coupe days
ago. A Northern lights seed. Everything I've read says NL is a great strain for new growers and I remember it was one of the first named strains I started smoking all those years ago. Yay nostalgia!

My girls have moved up to half strength nutes starting today. I'll keep an eye on them for the next couple days. Look out for signs of trouble. But I'll say this. I'm on my vey first grow and I haven't run into anything so far in 3 weeks. That makes me happy.
Ok, enough talk. Time for pics.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hey everyone. Another week, another update. What a difference a week makes too. My little girls are really growing. But what's awesome is they're growing without any space between nodes. I don't know if that's strain, lights, method, or what. But I'm not complaining.

I popped another seed a coupe days
ago. A Northern lights seed. Everything I've read says NL is a great strain for new growers and I remember it was one of the first named strains I started smoking all those years ago. Yay nostalgia!

My girls have moved up to half strength nutes starting today. I'll keep an eye on them for the next couple days. Look out for signs of trouble. But I'll say this. I'm on my vey first grow and I haven't run into anything so far in 3 weeks. That makes me happy.
Ok, enough talk. Time for pics.
You shouldn't be giving those seedlings nutrients yet, straight water for the first month or so, until the cotyledons die, you're gonna be asking what's wrong and why your plants are burnt here in a week or two...

Funk junky

Funk junky

can you get hempys original thread up cause I cant find it at mo but some fella seems to think earlier feeding. see I have never done hydro I have no idea. but a seedling will normaly have enough nutes stored in shell for about 2 weeks so I see why dr mcskulings said that and I wouldn't give anything except root stim normally. but I am well aware of hempys abilitys and in this case I can only tell you what I would do in this situation. I would follow his instructions to the letter if they are clear,and ive read it a few times and seemed very clear but cant remember about feeding straight away. hempy grows trees out in oz ive seen his work and remember when he was at another forum. was gonna try hempy buckets but didn't as taste is important and never gone hydro. if in doubt pepsi challenge try one one way other. please try get photos up you saying they doing well will bring insight. dr mcskullins I hope you don't think I'm undermining you cause I know you better grower than me. just want look deeper into it because this is a method that no one said would work at first but it went global with success I don't think if the original text was confusing that could happen?

Latest posts

Top Bottom