First Grow: Bubba Kush, LambsBREATH, Ray Charles

• Thread starter pRiMo303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I experimented with indoor growing as a freshman in high school using a single tube fluoro, but it didnt take long for me to become paranoid and stop considering the back asswards laws in South Carolina. However, I am now a Colorado Amendment 20 medicinal patient, and this is my first grow using HID lighting and not growing from bagseed. This is my Journal.

Veg Room: Modified closet (~2'x6'). Lighting-SunBlaze 48 T5. Strains: Headband, Bruce Banner #3, and Bruce Banner #5 (more sativa/Strawberry Diesel dominant). Nutes: Floranova Grow.

Flower Room: I built 3/4 of a closet (~3'x5') inside my bathroom to confine my light from illuminating areas of the room not being utilized to grow. Also needed a support system to hang my reflector. Lighting- Quantum 1000w dimmable ballast, Magnum XXXL, 1000w hps. Strains: Bubba Kush, LambsBREATH (not bread), and Ray Charles (RomulanXAfghani Bullrider that was passed along to me). Nutes: Floranova Bloom.

I think thats all the stats. Will be posting pics later today. Veg room is just now up and running. Everything is still in the dome, so not as spectacular looking. Just showing the veg room in this thread. Ill post a seperate Journal to show the progress of the second grow. Cheers from a mile high, and thanks for tuning in!

-pRiMo303 :volcano:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Welcome to the Farm Primo

Sounds good. Im wanting to see your set up

dlovejah

dlovejah

Welcome to the Farm... Ray Charles sounds pretty dank bra... Looking forward to seeing your set up as well.... HNYear....:sun

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Build

This is the construction of the flower room, originally used for veg. In the photo is a Hydrofarm Daystar. I have since upgraded to the Magnum XXXL. It's a beast! You cannot see it, but at the other end of the ducting is a Grow Bright (Pure Flow Jr? or something like that) air filter.

IMG 0588
IMG 0593
IMG 0596
IMG 0592
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Veg

These are pics of various stages of vegetative growth. Had an issue with what I'm concluding were weevils after searching images..you guys be the judge. The cause was the infested bale of #4 I got from Cultivate Denver. Treated with Azamax and they cleared up. In the future I will pretreat prior to planting/transferring. Unfortunately it did not clear up until after it seriously stunted Ray. She looked like the Charlie Brown Xmas tree. Considered just removing her she was so behind, but I remained loyal and gave her a little TLC and she finally bounced back. Ray is the one sitting on the white 1 gal bucket in some of the pics, she was stunted that bad. Pics are in a progressing order from clone, hardened off, transplanted, topped, LSTed.
Cheers,
pRiMo303 :volcano:

IMG 0609
IMG 0610
IMG 0608
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Failed to mention in the info at the beginning of the journal that I'm growing with Sunshine #4 Aggregate in 5 gals. They were all roughly 24" when I flipped the them.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Babies

Bubba, Ray, Lamb--in order. Figured out problem..pic files were too big. The bug is what infested my garden from the contaminated Sunshine #4. Little Azamax knocked them out.

IMG 0623
IMG 0626
IMG 0627
IMAG0134
IMG 0641
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Topped & Super Cropped

These are some of my shots of topping/super cropping and the results. You can see the progression of Rays recovery in the different pics.

IMAG0119
IMG 0961
IMG 0955
IMG 0954
IMG 0970
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Flower Day 9

Shots from day 9 flower. First 6 are Lamb, Ray, Bubba(plant, top, plant top,etc)--in order.

IMG 1029
IMG 1019
IMG 1030
IMG 1034
IMG 1028
IMG 1023
IMAG0627
IMAG0628
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Veg Room

These are some shots of my veg closet I just set up. In the pics are cuts from Ray, Bubba, Lamb from when I cleaned out all the lower stuff before flipping them. First attempt at cloning. No hormones, just #4 and some SuperThrive. So far 74% success rate. The stragglers are starting to perk up, so I'm thinking it might be 100%. Will not be growing these out, though. Traded the Bubbas and Lambs for Bruce Banner #3 and #5, and supposed to be receiving a Chemdog #4 cut for Ray Charles. I'll be posting a separate journal for anyone interested in following along.

pRiMo303:volcano:

IMG 1039
IMG 1040
IMG 1041
IMG 1042
IMG 1043
IMG 1044
IMG 1045
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Pre98 and Lambsbreath

These are some aerial and close up shots of the Pre98 and the Lambsbreath, respectively, @ day 15.

pRiMo:volcano:

IMG 1060
IMG 1084
IMG 1091
IMG 1062
IMG 1086
IMG 1087
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Not that anyone seems to be following this grow, but if you are, sorry I havent updated in a minute. Ive been busy getting all of my brewing equipment out of storage and cleaned up so I would have a batch of homebrew ready to go at harvest. Only got a 6er left outta my last batch (American Barley Wine that I aged on french oak chips that had been soaked in Bulleit Bourbon and Cabernet).
A couple weeks after I flipped the lights I noticed the Sunshine in the Ray Charles had become slightly compacted and was showing a little root, so I topped off w some mix. BAD IDEA! Flower room waoos finally free of gnats and those little buggers from pg 1 of this grow (weevils? Help identifying?), and a few days after I topped off the one they were both back in full force. And since Ray and Lamb are on a slightly (1 day apart) schedule, I cant seem to eradicate them completely.
I will post some pics late today showing weekly progression since my last update. Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers,
pRiMo303

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

whats up bro....nice design on the flower room she looks great..and you got some nice strains running as well...I always wanted to try the lambsbreath sounds like a great strain...anyways keep up the nice work and keep the pics coming...cheers!

not 100% sure ive never had them but i think that the bug in pic is a root aphid.....anyone else care to chimne in I could be wrong but seems like it is they are very common lots of ppl get them and they tend to come in soil or soiless mix...azamax will clear them up!

imagesCAVU9UUH.jpg
!

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I Google imaged root aphids, and Im not positive, but I dont think that is what they are. My reasoning for that is that photos show that females are winged. These critters do not have wings, and do not appear to get as large as root aphids. However, Im just guessing here. No previous experience w root aphids.
Yeah, the Breath is looking so sweet (Ill get those pics up shortly). Its LambsbreadxSharks Breath. My buddy that gave it to me said it wasnt the largest yielder, but it was a more connoisseur smoke.
Cheers and thanks for your input on identifying my pest.
pRiMo303

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

no problem bro looking forward to seeing the pics....and Im still pretty sure that is an aphid my buddy had them and they had no wings either....I could be wrong but they look pretty identicle to your pic if you google them!

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

It saddens me to say you are correct Mitch. Went in to do some routine maintenance/inspecting, and I saw a flyer. It was obvious that it was a root aphid and not a fungus gnat bc it was noticeably larger as well as had a more violent/swift flight pattern. It didnt just fly around lazily like a gnat. Fortunately I already had the shop vac in hand vacuuming the younger (beetle like) aphids off the ground, so I just sucked it up. Yesterday was my second soil drench w Azamax since I noticed their return. I can only assume the matured one had been hanging out in the canopy or somewhere else in the room until maturity had been reached. I have definitely noticed a drop in numbers, and currently arent seeing any at soil line, but there are still a few stragglers roaming around the floor of my grow. Ill continue to treat w Azamax and vacuuming a couple times a day. This Thursday is the end of week 6 of 8, so Id like to get in under wraps so I can start flushing Friday and cut out the Azamax. But at the same time I dont want to cut it out too early if its not controlled enough to where its going to affect harvest.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Day 27. Lamb, Bubba, Ray--respectively. Sorry, these were taken w cam ph. I enhanced contrast a little bc of the orange from sodium lights.

IMAG0713 1 1
IMAG0714 1
IMAG0715 1 1
Top Bottom