First Grow. Coco .perpetual Harvests, 2x 600w Hps + 400w Hm. Automatic Feeding.

• Thread starter AlbaNinja84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

dont sweat the runty ones some like to lag behind,youll know before long if one isnt worth the effort

Yes, i know, i'll probably end up with 6 instead of 9. When i plant the next genetics: Melon Gum Dr. underground, on sunday, i'll plant 14 and keep 9.

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

These are the two plants that are doing bad, photos before the watering.

Gave them all, except the smallest, 1.5 ml canna coco A, and the same for B. Ec total: 1,1. See if they get better.

I’m thinking of going back to soil.

949D33D3 965E 41CC B552 FF34C0FDEEE7
26CBAD56 0191 4560 9600 275274D971AA
CA75DFF5 AA95 4DBC ABE9 7EDCC04045F8
2B56EC46 FA80 415A B910 657F6389AF33
5691BFB0 982F 47C8 8A2B 745681CB99B3
71FEA90B CDCC 4E05 87B2 90E9BBC7D5C5
095D7CD0 B8D3 4365 B816 196C7D62FEE5
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Plants aren't doing well, the problem is spreading. They have calcium and mag lockout , no matter what I do it just gets worse. The problem is probably that coco drying out in the beginning.

I'll continue trying to help them, but I have a bad feeling. I will plant more tomorrow but in soil, can't be throwing money and time out the drain like this. I'll try again in the future, trying to fix that damn mistake.
Right now I need something more reliable.

Bought plangron light mix, extra perlite, mycoriziae, and clay pebbles for drainage. Will be using final pots of 11 liters. Canna terra and vega.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Plants aren't doing well, the problem is spreading. They have calcium and mag lockout , no matter what I do it just gets worse. The problem is probably that coco drying out in the beginning.

I'll continue trying to help them, but I have a bad feeling. I will plant more tomorrow but in soil, can't be throwing money and time out the drain like this. I'll try again in the future, trying to fix that damn mistake.
Right now I need something more reliable.

Bought plangron light mix, extra perlite, mycoriziae, and clay pebbles for drainage. Will be using final pots of 11 liters. Canna terra and vega.
what is so hard
they just have to be watered every day period
with nutrients between 1.0-1.4ec
you are feeding the coco not the plant
when in coco you presume you are feeding the plant but infact you are filling the coco with nutrients, only when you have filled the coco to its capacity are the plants fed
you might be feeding at 150ppm Ca but the plant is only seeing 25ppm
but the solution is the way you treat the coco
watering to 15% runoff when the coco has dried to 25%
very simple once you get the routine down

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

what is so hard
they just have to be watered every day period
with nutrients between 1.0-1.4ec
you are feeding the coco not the plant
when in coco you presume you are feeding the plant but infact you are filling the coco with nutrients, only when you have filled the coco to its capacity are the plants fed
you might be feeding at 150ppm Ca but the plant is only seeing 25ppm
but the solution is the way you treat the coco
watering to 15% runoff when the coco has dried to 25%
very simple once you get the routine down

Yes, i'm doing exactly how you said since you posted. Hope they will pick up:).

Unfortunately, everybody on my italian forum were telling me when the deficiency started to only water around the plant and let it dry.. Telling me that I was overwatering and it was causing deficiencies.
And others were telling me to stop the nutes.

Do you think in a week they can start picking up?

bicky studs

bicky studs

Unfortunately, everybody on my italian forum were telling me when the deficiency started to only water around the plant and let it dry.. Telling me that I was overwatering and it was causing deficiencies.

i agree with wisher. im half way through my first coco grow. its awsome.
just keep em wet. its strange at first. but once you realize you cant overwater them its all good. check my thread if u want. all pure coco. just got clay pebbles covering it.
just keep feeding them same time same amount, if you think they too heavy....feed em! be sur to get enough runnoff!
once they get goin, which they will. its practically all about not letting them get dry.
im up to 7feeds per day now.
keep at it. :badboy:

Wisher619

Wisher619

do any of those people know how to grow in coco?

if you are using proper coco practices they will def pull through
if you are using soil practices as is the case all of your plants may fail
in order to see positive results it may take a week or so to show
but the effected leaves will not recover

I will post a video of an owner of a nutrient company talk about coco and soil

please be very mindful of what he states. These are my practices and they have never failed me ever
I start my seedling @ 1,5ec
and they get that the entire life
I water every day to runoff until the start to dry rapidly
then they get watered multiple times a day

and as what Bicky Studs stated
keep them heavy and watered

Wisher619

Wisher619

here are some plants in 1/2gal pots been there for 2 months

roots at transplant

2gal pots
still water to runoff every day
in another month once the roots completely fill the pot it will be multiple times a day
but as of right now one full soaking to runoff everyday Drain to Waste
this is hydroponics not dirt

newh

newh

Dont look at your coco as a soil,look at like its all perlite or pebbles or sand anything you want but not soil then you wiil begin to understand the everyday feedings.The only time I give mine straight water is the last week.F ollow your nutrient feed chart.As far as the damage on your plants already it wont get better if anything it will get worse.Watch your new growth for signs of improvement once the new growth gets going you can trim off all the ugly stuff if you want but you dont have to,if theres green in the leaves they are working even if its only part of a leaf.It took me a minute to get used to the coco growing too but once I got it my plants loved me lol.Make sure your ph is on point also if you are feeding out of the hydro zone{5.5-6.0}the plants wont be happy

Wisher619

Wisher619

thats sum sick white roots there Wisher,nicely done
once a week I feed the coco EWC tea with +life (a root inoculant) a coenzyme and enzymes
this is what keep the roots nice and healthy

I consider it a weekly flush as I am adding carbon and microbes once a week and allowing them to get to work on the roots
I do this ever sunday
by tuesday they always have a growth spurt

newh

newh

once a week I feed the coco EWC tea with +life (a root inoculant) a coenzyme and enzymes
this is what keep the roots nice and healthy

I consider it a weekly flush as I am adding carbon and microbes once a week and allowing them to get to work on the roots
I do this ever sunday
by tuesday they always have a growth spurt
I do a similar weekly flush/innoculation.I use Recharge,MicrobeBrew,seaweed/kelp,humic,bvitamin,molasses not all that at once but some combination of them.Like you said they luv it most times a day or two later they are beaming

newh

newh

Alba I think the Canna nutes dont like distilled water and hows your tapwater?I use RO water but the 5th stage of the unit adds a few ppms after it strips the input water clean

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

do any of those people know how to grow in coco?

if you are using proper coco practices they will def pull through
if you are using soil practices as is the case all of your plants may fail
in order to see positive results it may take a week or so to show
but the effected leaves will not recover

I will post a video of an owner of a nutrient company talk about coco and soil

please be very mindful of what he states. These are my practices and they have never failed me ever
I start my seedling @ 1,5ec
and they get that the entire life
I water every day to runoff until the start to dry rapidly
then they get watered multiple times a day

and as what Bicky Studs stated
keep them heavy and watered

Apparently they gave my bad advice, i registered here in fact because in general there is more knowledge.
More people with serious grows ecc..

Before deciding to start coco I had read I guide that claimed I could treat it like soil and it would be good, but to reach full potential to water multiple times. Got deficiencies, and they told me it was overwatering.

Thanks a lot, this video said again what you were saying. Explained also about why my cal and mg is not working. How much cal mag do I also add before Coco a+b? 0,2 ec? So i have tap water at 0,4 then add 0,2 of cal mg, and the rest a+b untill i reach ec 1 - 1.2

Even if I manage to fix this, i'll still go back to soil. It's a lot of work nutrients, water, etc.. and having the grow to be stealth it becomes a bit of a problem going there every day.

Also I plan to move to the states in September, got usa passport =), and a friend will be buying all the material and continuing the grow. I also think coco would be too complex for him.

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Alba I think the Canna nutes dont like distilled water and hows your tapwater?I use RO water but the 5th stage of the unit adds a few ppms after it strips the input water clean

I had bought a reverse osmosis filter but never used it. Just the first two feeding I bought distilled water but never used again. I'm using tap at ec, 0,5 , let it sit a night and it is at ec 0.4.

This is what the water company claims the water is in my area.

Concentrazione ioni idrogeno (pH):
Conducibilità elettrica:
Alcalinità:
Residuo fisso a 180°C:
Durezza totale:
Ioni Calcio:
Ioni Magnesio:
Ioni Sodio:
Ioni Potassio:
Ioni Nitrati:
Ioni Nitriti:
Assente