First Grow. Coco .perpetual Harvests, 2x 600w Hps + 400w Hm. Automatic Feeding.

• Thread starter AlbaNinja84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

so dont use CaMg
that isnt your problem
the problem is you need to maintain and ec value and moisture level in the coco in order for the plant to uptake the nutrients

so use an ec calue of between 1.2-1.4 total A/B
I would go by cannas feeding chart
you can find it online
input your base water ec and use the light feed chart and you should be good
water each day completely until runoff and dump the runoff
you will start to see your plants explode
but as with anything do what is comfortable for you

we here at the farm can def get you through this grow though since you are already in coco and have the nutrients

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

so dont use CaMg
that isnt your problem
the problem is you need to maintain and ec value and moisture level in the coco in order for the plant to uptake the nutrients

so use an ec calue of between 1.2-1.4 total A/B
I would go by cannas feeding chart
you can find it online
input your base water ec and use the light feed chart and you should be good
water each day completely until runoff and dump the runoff
you will start to see your plants explode
but as with anything do what is comfortable for you

we here at the farm can def get you through this grow though since you are already in coco and have the nutrients
Perfect, i'm following this already as you told me a couple days ago. Thanks a lot really for your time and help. Happy growing.

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

They seem to be liking the notes and all that water. Most of them have perfect new growth, at least it seems.
I think I will only loose one, max 2.

I'll be topping in 2 days. Should I lower the nutes after I top?

Started germination in soil for 14 Melon Gum seeds (dr. underground) i'm very curious about this genetic. bI'll keep the best 9.
Love bubblegum and it's a fast flowering high yielder. At least they claim.
I had brought some of these seeds in costa rica a couple months ago, they were just moved to the flower room. Soon i'll have an idea.

IMG 2577
IMG 2578
IMG 2579
IMG 2580
IMG 2581
IMG 2582
IMG 2583
Wisher619

Wisher619

They seem to be liking the notes and all that water. Most of them have perfect new growth, at least it seems.

Started germination in soil for 14 Melon Gum seeds (dr. underground) i'm very curious about this genetic. bI'll keep the best 9.
I had brought some of these seeds in costa rica a couple months ago, they were just moved to the flower room. Soon i'll have an idea.
you wont loose any
they didnt look good because they werent being cared for properly
now that you have everything corrected just pay attention to all new growth
all plants look perfectly fine and will recover

as for topping
just leave nutes they way they are
steady coarse....just follow the Canna Calculator for nute strength
good to go

newh

newh

they look good Alba

Meakanu

Meakanu

Yes i knew about this, but never tought it would make such a big difference with the nutrients.

Anyway i have bought already the cloning material, I plan on taking a couple clones aside from the best plant right before i switch them to flower.

Also do you think the size is good? There at day 18 from seed.

Sorry, I know you posted this a while back. Anyway I recommend you take at least one clone from each of your plants, even the runts! Your best grower in veg might not be the best grower in flower phase, might not test as good/ might lack potentcy ext.. By taking and labeling at least one clone from each, your insure your be able to keep the most desirable pheno type of the batch!

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

I have a problem with the melon gum i germinated in soil. Out of 14 seeds only 7 have popped out. A week has passed.
Should I be worried about the other 7?
Should I try and dig them up and see what is wrong?

Wisher619

Wisher619

I have a problem with the melon gum i germinated in soil. Out of 14 seeds only 7 have popped out. A week has passed.
Should I be worried about the other 7?
Should I try and dig them up and see what is wrong?
wouldnt know what to tell you
I have never sprouted seeds in soil before
always used the old paper towel/cotton ball method

Wisher619

Wisher619

I think it may be a batch of old seeds, i'll wait two days then dig them up.
for future
not sure if you have ever tried this

put seeds in refrigerator for 24 hours
next soak in water for 24 hours
then pour water and seed into either cotton balls or paper towel and put in sealed container in cupboard kept at room temp
do not open for 48 hours

when you do you should have sprouted seeds with long tails and sometimes seeds completely cracked with seedling tops popping out
you then make a hole in soil or coco or whatever
drop it in tail down and water ....good to go

has worked for me for the last 20+ years
first started doing this with hot chili seeds when I was a kid
was showed this in 7th grade science class

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

for future
not sure if you have ever tried this

put seeds in refrigerator for 24 hours
next soak in water for 24 hours
then pour water and seed into either cotton balls or paper towel and put in sealed container in cupboard kept at room temp
do not open for 48 hours

when you do you should have sprouted seeds with long tails and sometimes seeds completely cracked with seedling tops popping out
you then make a hole in soil or coco or whatever
drop it in tail down and water ....good to go

has worked for me for the last 20+ years
first started doing this with hot chili seeds when I was a kid
was showed this in 7th grade science class
Yeah I know about the cotton paper towel method. Itā€™s I donā€™t trust the other guy keeping the towel humid... id he forgets they try out. I did it in soil so I can check it myself, pre-soaking them for about an hour.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Yeah I know about the cotton paper towel method. Itā€™s I donā€™t trust the other guy keeping the towel humid... id he forgets they try out. I did it in soil so I can check it myself, pre-soaking them for about an hour.
you put it in a container sealed
dosnt dry out
that would be weird

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Most of the seeds have germinated. I should end up having enough.
I noticed a bit of nute burn so lowered the nutes.

Seems like the mag def is back on a couple plants that were badly affected before.
The pots have always been moist, watered once a day. I gave them a small dose of mg.

The room is too crowded, so i'll buy another lamp to use on the just germinated seeds so I can put them somewhere else.

For germination and for the first 10-14 days of growth is it best I buy a CFL or NEON?

Thanks

IMG 2605
IMG 2606
IMG 2607
IMG 2608
IMG 2609
IMG 2610
IMG 2611
IMG 2612
Polar510

Polar510

Just finished this thread its a good read with some great advice!
That being said I would like to chime in:)
I started to use Canna a&b in coco last year and one thing I noticed is after the initial mixing of the Nutes You want to let it sit for a while, trust me most of the time the ph will rise after adjusting the 1st time. I ph it to 5.8 wait 5-10 minutes and see it jump to 6.0-6.2 and ph down again.
I use tap at 50ppm and My local water report indicates a little bit of cal & mag in my water already. I add extra Calimagic at 2.5 ml a gallon.
I have tried to drop the Calmag using the recommended 14ml of A&B but saw deficiencies everytime.
So in summary double check the PH and maybe kick in a little calmag until the plants indicate they are surfing and no longer need it.
My 1st run in coco was about 3 years ago. It finished but was not great lol. I treated it like soil and didn't use any calmag Best of Luck!

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Just finished this thread its a good read with some great advice!
That being said I would like to chime in:)
I started to use Canna a&b in coco last year and one thing I noticed is after the initial mixing of the Nutes You want to let it sit for a while, trust me most of the time the ph will rise after adjusting the 1st time. I ph it to 5.8 wait 5-10 minutes and see it jump to 6.0-6.2 and ph down again.
I use tap at 50ppm and My local water report indicates a little bit of cal & mag in my water already. I add extra Calimagic at 2.5 ml a gallon.
I have tried to drop the Calmag using the recommended 14ml of A&B but saw deficiencies everytime.
So in summary double check the PH and maybe kick in a little calmag until the plants indicate they are surfing and no longer need it.
My 1st run in coco was about 3 years ago. It finished but was not great lol. I treated it like soil and didn't use any calmag Best of Luck!

Thanks for your info, yes everyone has been really helpful. I have a ton of calcium in my water and in the canna nutes. I've lowered to ec 1.1 - 1.2 and give magnesium separately. I'll try and let coco a and b sit before ph'ing.

I had a 10 dollar ph soil meter and it reads 8 =(. Hope it is broken.
The runoff measure the same of whatever I put in.

Polar510

Polar510

Could be off.
It is most likely that the Canna is rising in PH after application, hence the wait and adjustment method.

Top Bottom