First Grow Ever(outdoor Journal)

• Thread starter Bakataha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bakataha

Bakataha

I was strongly considering adding an HPS hood, after i got the initial setup going. led/hps combo. any thoughts? I figured i will benefit from the spectrum of the led, and the high intensity of the hps. I've never used hps, but willing to learn. I'm also skeptical about ducting, and fans. it just seems like a whole different beast beccause no ducting and fans with LED. I'm thinking either I will start off with 1 of those 400 watt COB LED, and then maybe buying a second one like 2 weeks later after I make some cheddar. It all depends on your guys educated feedback

Smerb

Smerb

The LED causes a lot of branching. If that's how you like it, go for it. If your growing big plants you wouldn't want a shitload of branching. LED lights do create some heat. It's really up to you.

Smerb

Smerb

250$ something so far......you'll want a tray and the hangers plus a few other thing$$$$$. Get it if you got it. A lot of times its better spending them extra buck$

Bakataha

Bakataha

Definitely, I'm going to have about a 600 dollar budget to toss around, so it should be fun. Really excited to go from my micro grow to a full 4x4 tent with a real hood and ballast. Do you just exhaust your tent into the room you're growing in? I figured I would just open the window while home

mancdank

mancdank

Definitely, I'm going to have about a 600 dollar budget to toss around, so it should be fun. Really excited to go from my micro grow to a full 4x4 tent with a real hood and ballast. Do you just exhaust your tent into the room you're growing in? I figured I would just open the window while home
For best results 1 or the other has to go outside so if your not extracting out of the building the inlet must be. I have run in tents many times and I've found the best way to run them is to duct out of the building and draw the air into the tent from the room that the tent is in from there u can control the climate of the tent very easily so any gadgets u might wanna buy like dehudifier or heaters go in the room the tent is in rather than in the tent itself if u do it the other way around your at the mercy of mother nature hope this helps and good luck on your journey :)

mancdank

mancdank

I was strongly considering adding an HPS hood, after i got the initial setup going. led/hps combo. any thoughts? I figured i will benefit from the spectrum of the led, and the high intensity of the hps. I've never used hps, but willing to learn. I'm also skeptical about ducting, and fans. it just seems like a whole different beast beccause no ducting and fans with LED. I'm thinking either I will start off with 1 of those 400 watt COB LED, and then maybe buying a second one like 2 weeks later after I make some cheddar. It all depends on your guys educated feedback
This isn't strictly true it doesn't matter what lighting u use u will need air exchange if your not running co2 or u will be lucky to hitting .5 gpw and I do mean lucky

mancdank

mancdank

Lighting depends on budget if u have the paper for led I would strongly suggest u have a little look into 315 cmh or if your tent is what I think it is maybe a 630 cmh I'm hearing people getting 1000g from them every time with just normal air exchange no co2 in the same size tent u have

Bakataha

Bakataha

my uncle grows medicinal and care gives. He says co2 is essential for your grows, gentlemen! He says it's stupid easy to infuse co2 into your grow space, though. He doesn't hassle with tanks, and systems. Just buy these, he swears by them. Either the bucket, or the pad that you just spray with water. The bucket you just open and leave in the room. Get a new one every couple of months.
BUCKET: https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Co2-Buck...TF8&qid=1478845365&sr=8-3&keywords=co2+bucket
PAD: https://www.amazon.com/Green-Pad-Co...e=UTF8&qid=1478845389&sr=8-1&keywords=co2+pad

Latest posts

Top Bottom