First Grow Ever(outdoor Journal)

• Thread starter Bakataha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bakataha

Bakataha

I've been active on this sight since before my very first seeds went into the ground about 2 weeks ago. This sight was just a source of information for me to look through and retain, but then I figured what the heck, why not throw up what I've learned, and get feedback from you wonderful folks that have been growing for years and years. I've been researching for months trying to learn as much as I can for my first grow. I've never really taken care of any plants as well, sothis is a total noob. I got a little freaked out one day when I saw water residuals on my leaves and I freaked out, thought it was mold and neemed them (bad idea, they're so young) BUT like i said, it was just water marks. I'll post all prior pics I've posted onto here :) suffered a little heat damage from being in direct sunlight here in the burning hot SO CAL. I also had to stick them under a cfl inside because it rained here this weekend.
First grow everoutdoor journal
First grow everoutdoor journal 2
First grow everoutdoor journal 3
First grow everoutdoor journal 4
First grow everoutdoor journal 5
First grow everoutdoor journal 6

Dunge

Dunge

Do you need supplemental light to extend the day?
Isn't it likely to suffer a flower / re-veg cycle if left to socal solar?

Bakataha

Bakataha

Mystery strain(s)! I got it in a batch of bud salad from a dispensary. It was a top shelf batch from Apothecary. Just a bunch of different strains in a batch. A few nugs had seeds in them. One of these plants looks more sativa than indicaa. The one with chopped leaves looks fatter and more indicaa, and the complete plant looks skinnier like a sativaa. As for soil, I'm running some budget stuff. It's only my first grow, so I'm running Kellogg's Patio Plus potting soil. It's got a lot of goodies in it, but it's just a bit mulchy, so I cut it with some top soil/peat moss type stuff I had lying around, so that made it much more fluffy. Also, I have this Ednas Best Indoor/outdoor potting soil that's even more mulchy than the kelloggs, so I'm going to do a top layer of that in my big pots to keep the soil underneath cool, and moist.

I also have a sweet root pic I just took of one of the two bigger plants (sativa looking one) and this baby is about ready to transplant! Even got some little root hairs on them! I didn't use any rooting hormone, but from what I've seen from researching around a bit, the rooting hormone really seems to work. I'm going to be picking some up soon because I'm going to take clones from the plants that turn out to be females.
Attach44442 20160309 094811

Bakataha

Bakataha

I bring them in at night and supplement with a cfl. I feel it's also important to bring them in at night because where I'm at, it gets as high as 90 during the day, and about 45 at night. The 45 at night will slow down the growth tremendously, so I bring them in for a little more light, and tuck them in. I have pretty vicious insomnia, so I'm always awake when the sun comes up anyways, so I just go stick them in the sun and have my morning bowl, or whatever. Play them some music :). Plants are people too. I'm honestly thinking of flipping them after about a month of veg, though.

Dunge

Dunge

I would recommend that in general you resist the marketing pressure to use dozens of products.
It's so easy to add complications to what should be a very simple process.
Complications can result in less learning, in my experience.

Bakataha

Bakataha

This is going to be a very basic grow. All I'm using is dyna-gro foliage for veg and dyna-gro bloom for flower. Few flushes here and there. Nothing tedious or excessive I feel. I just have to use the mulch to keep those roots cool @Dunge. I hear overthinking it just makes everything hard :)

Bakataha

Bakataha

Too early to transplant? I noticed your plants got way big before you transplanted. @GrowingGreen
Attach44442 20160309 094811

Bakataha

Bakataha

They're 5 gals, so I'll probably hold off another week, or two. And man, we're they cheap! And that's not even the best part about them :). I was just pretty astonished to see the roots hit the bottom of the cup so soon! I didn't want to transplant them after they got rootbound, y'know? But like I said, I'm a paranoid noob with knowledge = dangerous combination :(. I just need to kick it with a spliff. I read it will make plants a heck of a lot stronger if you let the soil kind of dry out. What doesn't kill them makes em stronger, right? Toughen them up a bit for their outdoor lives

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

They're 5 gals, so I'll probably hold off another week, or two. And man, we're they cheap! And that's not even the best part about them :). I was just pretty astonished to see the roots hit the bottom of the cup so soon! I didn't want to transplant them after they got rootbound, y'know? But like I said, I'm a paranoid noob with knowledge = dangerous combination :(. I just need to kick it with a spliff. I read it will make plants a heck of a lot stronger if you let the soil kind of dry out. What doesn't kill them makes em stronger, right? Toughen them up a bit for their outdoor lives
It better to dry them out vs to much the water idea is when they're dry roots go searching for water, i would let them stay in solo cups at least 2 weeks, you can also pull solo off to check your roots like i did in my journal when you do that just make sure the isnt wet, but not completely dry that way you can see what your roots are doing

Bakataha

Bakataha

Let me introduce to you, Shithead! This is a plant that my two cats got to, and we can say it may have been a little stressed.
Also, this plants growth is significantly slower than all of the others:

Bakataha

Bakataha

All good brother! Keep yur cats out of garden cats & dogs & humans will bring unwanted pest in you garden
That little brown there isn't burning, brother?

My garden also has absolutely aphid infested rose bushes too. What should I do? I've been spraying the rose bushes with soap water, but it doesn't seem to be too progressive.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I believe those the 1st leaves that pop in the beginnings that is normal ! When i feed my seedlings i just give water & seaweed extract 1/2 L of water to 1/2 tsp seaweed ex & ph at 6.7-6.9 do you have a ph meter!

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

That little brown there isn't burning, brother?View attachment 580849
My garden also has absolutely aphid infested rose bushes too. What should I do? I've been spraying the rose bushes with soap water, but it doesn't seem to be too progressive.
You need to make sure you enter your grow space bug free, take a shower, change clothes, no pets.... Very important! What kind of bug preventing do you have?

Top Bottom