first grow ever..purple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cfl

• Thread starter Marysdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

I picked up 4 clones from the club on Sunday July 21, 2013 and planted them in my grow room.

400w overhead light with vented hood
4 55w cfl placed so light can get under the plant
4" inline fan currently sucking air into my filter into the room for cooling
20" house fan
huge dehumidifier
soil: hp pro mix with fish and oysters. I have 4 plants, 4 five gallon buckets so I put per bucket a pound of salmon(mixed heads and spine from filets) pound of whole 8" sardines, 4 oysters and 1 10 oz jar of oysters. I blended it all up except for the whole oysters I just buried them in the soil, hoping for a nutrient bomb later during Flowering.

So far I think things are ok. The stems are turning purple and I thought I read that was a nitrate deficiency. I have a 9lb bag of Nitro bat guano that I could use. I'll search around tonight see what I can find.
First grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cfl
First grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cfl 2
First grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cflFirst grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cfl 2First grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cfl 3First grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cflFirst grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cfl 2First grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cfl 3First grow everpurple diesel in soil indoors 400w and cfl 4

Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

The leaves are green not yellow, the phone doesn't know how to take a photo in that room. Droid doesn't.

Reebs

Reebs

purple stems usually means stress or too much nutes, N in particular. i'm not to familiar with growin in soil so hopefully another farmer will chime in, that is!

My opinion is the soil is too hot and the container you currently have them in are pretty big for the clones. usually soil growers start cuts in solo cups filled with soil, 1-2 wks later transplanted to 1 gal pots, then 3 gal, then 5+ gal to flower in. i would strongly suggest moving them into somthing smaller for the time being, regardless if you havent noticed any problems yet, it will help vigor and overall plant health.

Good Luck

Reebs

Reebs

PS. if you have to transplant 2-3 times during a single plants life, that just makes it easier to up the mix of soil each time, instead of your "Nutrient Bomb" which i'm not sure would even work like that.

Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

Thank you for the response. I'll move them into smaller pots for the time being and really mix up that soil. After reading some threads I will need to go back and crush up those oysters and re-churn the soil cause yeah, that nutrient bomb was a bad idea. How many bombs are good ideas? =) All part of learning your first grow. =)

The stalks are a solid purple all the way from the dirt to the fan leaves.
I also am moving some more air so my temps are around 70-75. I'd like to see 68-72. Gonna buy more fans today.

gumby420

gumby420

are you using RO water? the purple stems could be magnesium deficiency

Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

I'm using good ol hetch hetchy water. Tap water that sets out more than 24 hours before watering. I have a cooler that I filled with tap water and dip in to feed twice a day.

Here are some updated pics.

Picture 739
Picture 741
Picture 742
Picture 743
Picture 745
Picture 746
Picture 747
Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

I put them in solo cups in 1 gallon bags in the 5 gallon bucket. I crushed up the oysters and really churned the soil. I mixed about 60% new HP mix to the solo cups to cut down on nutrients. they all have grown enough to notice since the move. thank you for the advice :-) easier to water as well. they seem to not be as dark green either.

PHOTO 20130727 143620 1937455655
Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

status update. 74 degrees 50% humidity Ph 6.5. which is down from 7 after the solo cup switch.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

first, you should not use raw seafood (inside) . you want to use stuff that has been dehydrated or processes .
second i would never bring inside plants outside . for fear of bugs .

Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

what is? the soil? it stunk for a few days but it's good. honestly if you haven't got any valid input please go post your comments somewhere else. this is an active grow journal. maybe you should go grow something too and get offline.

L

leafmold

Sorry to upset you. I wasn't trying to kook you. I figured the buds would smell like rotting salmon. Shoot maybe thats a good thing. No worse than skunk I guess. Im gonna go get back to my grow. Check it out if you want. Peace.

Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

Sorry to upset you. I wasn't trying to kook you. I figured the buds would smell like rotting salmon. Shoot maybe thats a good thing. No worse than skunk I guess. Im gonna go get back to my grow. Check it out if you want. Peace.
sorry man yeah I took that the wrong way. it did stink the first week but its good now. and because the temps aren't 90 degrees I think that kept the stench down. so far I'm digging the soil mix. added another exhaust fan to try and cool things. need it to get to 70 not 78.

L

leafmold

Are you literally talking raw sea life. Ive heard of this technique for outdoor garden plots. Im curious to see how this turns out. Can you use a window a/c? I recently installed a 100$ model and kicks ass. I do think the amendment process is a cool concept.

Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

Are you literally talking raw sea life. Ive heard of this technique for outdoor garden plots. Im curious to see how this turns out. Can you use a window a/c? I recently installed a 100$ model and kicks ass. I do think the amendment process is a cool concept.
yeah I went to whole foods and spent $100 on fish and oysters. I heard a few stories of guys dropping fish into the soil and the plant took off. I would recommend letting the soil cook on its own for a month and churn it really well every week then it should be good. my soil is hot though. I'm afraid the window AC would draw too much power. how was yours?

L

leafmold

Its a 5k btu supposedly 630 watts. Its ran by a remote thermostat near the plants. I figure it draws as much power as or less than exhaust fans running non stop.

Marysdaddy

Marysdaddy

that would be worth it then. I have two 6" exhaust in lines and a house fan reduced to a 4" x8" filter inlet. maybe ill pick one up.

Top Bottom