First Grow Ever, Wish me luck!

• Thread starter 2Water
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Water

2Water

Opinions differ. Cutting fresh leaves is like mowing a lawn, releases that fresh hay smell. I only cut stems of leaves til its dried.
Thanks, originally my plan was (maybe still is😉), to hang the whole plant and dry trim. Maintain mid 60s for temp and 60%rh. Really Droopy is the only one concerning me because she has stayed so compact, I had to do a little defoliation the other day and spread out some of the satellite nugs because they were super "wet" and bright green. Still have some time to mull it over, but figured I'd let you more experienced growers chime in

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thanks, originally my plan was (maybe still is😉), to hang the whole plant and dry trim. Maintain mid 60s for temp and 60%rh. Really Droopy is the only one concerning me because she has stayed so compact, I had to do a little defoliation the other day and spread out some of the satellite nugs because they were super "wet" and bright green. Still have some time to mull it over, but figured I'd let you more experienced growers chime in
Just spread the branches out when you hang to dry to minimize mold. Remove water leaves.

2Water

2Water

So... woke up this morning to this...
20230404 093721
20230404 093752
20230404 093838

2 buds were rotting, I snipped the cola and the 2 buds on the left were unaffected. A little bummed, but it happens.
Question, can I quick dry the 2 buds on the left and "test" them, or should I trash it all? I was going to chop on Friday morning, got to keep an eye on the rest

2Bad

2Bad

2 buds were rotting, I snipped the cola and the 2 buds on the left were unaffected. A little bummed, but it happens.
Question, can I quick dry the 2 buds on the left and "test" them, or should I trash it all? I was going to chop on Friday morning, got to keep an eye on the rest
I wouldn't ever quick dry bud. It's ruins everything. And slow drying would assure you're not smoking mold.

2Bad

2Bad

Those are beautiful! Wow, nice work. I hope I can pull it off that well but I have too many plants. I need to start seeing some girl parts cause the are not feminized. I have 20 plants in a 4 x 4 and they are a little too happy if you know what I mean.
Why are the cups still in the one gallons..

2Water

2Water

I wouldn't ever quick dry bud. It's ruins everything. And slow drying would assure you're not smoking mold.
Yeah, I discarded most of if, couldn't resist and ended up microwaving a nug. Not as bad as I thought it would be, so maybe some potential for when I actually do harvest and dry/cure properly

2Water

2Water

Just to be safe you’ll want to do a peroxide wash. 1 part 3% peroxide to 5 parts water, gently dunk a couple times, then a freshwater soak for a minute or two, lukewarm.
Will do

D

Deaner

View attachment 1347773View attachment 1347774View attachment 1347775
I had this happen to me on one of my wedding crasher plants. Still good after curing. Found a few seeds. I had light leakage in my tent. It didn't affect the other girls though. Just that plant.

2Water

2Water

I had this happen to me on one of my wedding crasher plants. Still good after curing. Found a few seeds. I had light leakage in my tent. It didn't affect the other girls though. Just that plant.
Sucks you had to go through that. All part of the process, I can't wait to try the harvest after a proper dry and cure!

2Bad

2Bad

Probably was just the genetics. if it didn't affect others in the tent.

2Water

2Water

So thinking bout chopping tomorrow. I could go another week, but I prefer a headier high, what do you guys think.
20230406 092608
20230406 092720
20230406 092743
20230406 092811
20230406 092839
20230406 092902

2Water

2Water

20230413 103132
some tester nugs off Riker. In hindsight, I wish I gave them another week, I think the bud rot made me cut a little hastily. Definitely could have fattened up more, but the resin and trichomes are pretty nice. I'll let you guys know after I smoke it

2Water

2Water

So final harvest was about 4.5oz dry. Just bagged them into .5oz grove bags. Going to test the little jar tomorrow. Lessons learned for the next grow, and now patience for the cure!
20230414 103339
20230414 110002

Eledin

Eledin

Sorry that Im late Im new to the forum but yes, you could have waited for some amber to ensure maxium maturity but most of them are fairly milky so you will get the head high that you want I bet! Really good first grow overall I would say and dont worry we all run into trouble from time to time, but specially at the start is those problems that make you research and you always end up wiser! If you ever wanna salvage some moldy weed just use the solution that was posted above and dry them with a fan for a bit, that will destroy the spores making sure you dont catch a lung infection. Its not great when you have to put your havested weed in water with hydrogen peroxide. I had to do it once but it was many years ago, I recall the pistils looking a bit burned and the flavor decreased aswell as the potency, and a slight chemical taste, maybe I used too much hydrogen peroxide or its normal, I dont know but better safe than sorry and being asthmatic it didnt hurt me, on the other hand moldy weed without being treated irritates my lungs.

Last edited:
2Water

2Water

Sorry that Im late Im new to the forum but yes, you could have waited for some amber to ensure maxium maturity but most of them are fairly milky so you will get the head high that you want I bet! Really good first grow overall I would say and dont worry we all run into trouble from time to time, but specially at the start is those problems that make you research and you always end up wiser! If you ever wanna salvage some moldy weed just use the solution that was posted above and dry them with a fan for a bit, that will destroy the spores making sure you dont catch a lung infection. Its not great when you have to put your havested weed in water but is better to be safe than sorry and its only for moldy weed.
Thanks Eledin, this was a great learning experience and I look forward to future grows. I appreciate the tip for moldy weed. That is one of the fears playing most in the back of my mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom