First Grow Ever, Wish me luck!

• Thread starter 2Water
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eledin

Eledin

Thanks Eledin, this was a great learning experience and I look forward to future grows. I appreciate the tip for moldy weed. That is one of the fears playing most in the back of my mind.
This dude knows what he is doing, I recommend you watch the video to ease your anxiety about moldy weed, in this case is powdery mildew but you can see how effective it is and how to do it.
And dont worry as long as you keep the humidity at good levels this is not something you will run into often. If you watered the plant close to harvest you definetely wanna get rid of the big leaves and chop the plant in parts, because even if the relative humidity of the tent is fairly decent your plant will have a lot more water inside. Same with big buds, dont let them touch other buds, space is key when dealing with big buds or humid weed. Oh and good ventilation can help a ton too, since I have to use a filter for the smell I put them on the right side, the filter is on the left, that way the air doesnt circulate directly through the plants, you dont want them to dry too soon either.

Madbud

Madbud

7 days drying at 60°/60% or thereabouts should be good. Small humidistat in the jar or bags would be handy. Another thing i do is weigh a couple buds while they are drying. Jar when it stops losing weight. Its difficult to do it slowly.

2Water

2Water

This dude knows what he is doing, I recommend you watch the video to ease your anxiety about moldy weed, in this case is powdery mildew but you can see how effective it is and how to do it.
And dont worry as long as you keep the humidity at good levels this is not something you will run into often. If you watered the plant close to harvest you definetely wanna get rid of the big leaves and chop the plant in parts, because even if the relative humidity of the tent is fairly decent your plant will have a lot more water inside. Same with big buds, dont let them touch other buds, space is key when dealing with big buds or humid weed. Oh and good ventilation can help a ton too, since I have to use a filter for the smell I put them on the right side, the filter is on the left, that way the air doesnt circulate directly through the plants, you dont want them to dry too soon either.
Appreciate it! Keep the knowledge coming!

Top Bottom