First grow, first diary. We are In Utero.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
It’s gonna start to be a pain to water all these once plants get bigger. Why did you take mulch covers off earth boxes? Decided to use straw instead?
They were too wet and BAS thought it was the issue. It does seem it may have been part of it. My mix is a little different and hotter than theirs. I want to be on the same page, so….you’re going to hate this but it won’t be wasted, I promise, and it could of course change. I’ve just learned so much there that I’d rather be in the same mix.

it’s rice hull. Very light, to slow drying etc. because they said to let it dry a bit. The covers, we’re just collecting moisture and putting it back in. I don’t know how or why it would be different for us. Other than the mix. But that’s just a guess.

As far as a pain to water…..trust me, I already know. Haha. You know that story. I have a semi fix for now, that will be better come spring. Right now I have 48gals of water in the house. Ok, ok, it’s 46 now. Coffee too. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: stp
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Depends how big is ur room, tent, etc...
It’s a 5x5. I did have a hard time with it in the tent. I just want to do the room. Some of the things that I know will help me are just too expensive right now. I’m in between super budget, and spent a bit too much on dumb stuff and mistakes, grow. lol.

I’m lying. I spent a lot on most of it. Medium though. Not the highest end of anything.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
id use that for anything from a 2x2 to a 4x8.
If I told you where I am right now, I wouldn’t really be embarrassed, you’d all laugh, and now you probably get it. Haha.

I see the link you posted and I’m going to it next. I’m a 5x5 so you know it will work for me. Thank you!

SC69

SC69

Supporter
@stp i had to come back for this one. There have been two really exciting days (other than seeing them do ok through my stumbling). The day I flipped, and…the day I took everything out and cleaned well. That was fun. Haha. 😜

I lied, this was exciting as hell…..
CB597744 0B07 498C B0E8 DF4632EDB396

stp

stp

They were too wet and BAS thought it was the issue. It does seem it may have been part of it. My mix is a little different and hotter than theirs. I want to be on the same page, so….you’re going to hate this but it won’t be wasted, I promise, and it could of course change. I’ve just learned so much there that I’d rather be in the same mix.

it’s rice hull. Very light, to slow drying etc. because they said to let it dry a bit. The covers, we’re just collecting moisture and putting it back in. I don’t know how or why it would be different for us. Other than the mix. But that’s just a guess.

As far as a pain to water…..trust me, I already know. Haha. You know that story. I have a semi fix for now, that will be better come spring. Right now I have 48gals of water in the house. Ok, ok, it’s 46 now. Coffee too. lol
Man, I hate having to go to fill my 5 and 3 gallon jugs at the 35cent per gallon machines and then lug all that from the car, inside, then have to fill a plant watering bucket with those curved spouts, twice to get my SINGLE box full….next time it will be TWO so I will be doubling the watering…But imagine if I were you with all those boxes and pots…my head would explode. I’d buy a R/o filter and install it at home so I could save the water gathering and hauling part…just me lamenting. As for my soil being wet, it’s moist, but there were some dry spots last I checked but I never check….it’s freaking simple here. As for saving money by growing your own, I would be curious if you really believe that or just assume it to be true, because I’d wager money that I’m spending more growing this amount versus what I can buy it for (but I’m talking about buying it from the hook up and not the legal shops). I spent $100 on the seeds, $80 earth boxes, $ soil, $ nutrients, $ meters, $ amendments, $ test kits, $ tent, $ lights, $ fans, the water, the bullshit I forget, and not to mention my electric bill is probably $50-$75 more a month running my stuff. You gotta yield a lot, or maybe you smoke a pound a month, but the reason I grow isn’t to save money, but to know what went into my herb and trust it’s really organic and hopefully it’s higher quality than I can get from most places. Maybe I save some but it’s not nearly as much as you think, especially considering the time involved to get a good yield….shit is a labor of love.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Man, I hate having to go to fill my 5 and 3 gallon jugs at the 35cent per gallon machines and then lug all that from the car, inside, then have to fill a plant watering bucket with those curved spouts, twice to get my SINGLE box full….next time it will be TWO so I will be doubling the watering…But imagine if I were you with all those boxes and pots…my head would explode. I’d buy a R/o filter and install it at home so I could save the water gathering and hauling part…just me lamenting. As for my soil being wet, it’s moist, but there were some dry spots last I checked but I never check….it’s freaking simple here. As for saving money by growing your own, I would be curious if you really believe that or just assume it to be true, because I’d wager money that I’m spending more growing this amount versus what I can buy it for (but I’m talking about buying it from the hook up and not the legal shops). I spent $100 on the seeds, $80 earth boxes, $ soil, $ nutrients, $ meters, $ amendments, $ test kits, $ tent, $ lights, $ fans, the water, the bullshit I forget, and not to mention my electric bill is probably $50-$75 more a month running my stuff. You gotta yield a lot, or maybe you smoke a pound a month, but the reason I grow isn’t to save money, but to know what went into my herb and trust it’s really organic and hopefully it’s higher quality than I can get from most places. Maybe I save some but it’s not nearly as much as you think, especially considering the time involved to get a good yield….shit is a labor of love.
It’s not a pound a month but it’s easily 3 ounces. If there were more, I have things to do with it. I pay .06¢ kWh. It’s not been that noticeable yet and we had 8 weeks of veg etc. of course the light was at low wattage, it will increase. Here in NY the “great price drop” hasn’t happened yet. Likely with the addition of the recreational stores, it will. It’s not cheap. I get a discount at the med dispensary, and that’s still a rip off. The numbers have been run, and it’s actually really dumb I’m just starting. A friend tried to get me started 15 years ago, at least.

I don’t have to leave the house for the water. They’ll bring it and trade the bottles. It’s just cheaper if I go. I’m not getting 5-10gals at a time. I have bottles for 48gals. I’ve saved us putting 10 water jugs in the recycling bin this week, because we’ve always bought it to drink. I’m not putting in a cheap RO that will break down, need replacement filters, take hours to dispense and remake the water I’ll need etc etc. This is temporary. There is a bonus to living in the northeast. Two rain barrels and a spring, summer, fall, and I’ll have water for the year. And again, it is gathering but there’s a natural spring 25 mins away that’s a popular brand sold in bottles. I’m free to take it. There’s a spigot. I’d be using carbon filtered water from my sister or even neighbors well, but the outdoor spigots are off because they freeze. It’s going to be fine.

It’s not only to save money, but I do think I will. It’s also supposed to be to give me something to care for, and pay attention to. Just so I will. Which is probably why I’m so anxious about it. I can’t do slow learning. I have to jump. It’s the whole run before I can walk thing. I eventually learn to walk, by running through. 🤷‍♂️

I’m not only not giving up, I’m going to be an excellent grower. The plans in my head, after I know exactly what I’m doing, are going to be fun. I don’t think others in the area have as much trouble. Im just really learning it all at once, finding out what’s in a book, or on a forum, has to actually be done, and all the variables matter a ton.

I was really proud at my pace. It was 3-4 weeks of research before I bought anything. It was all here 3 weeks before I set it up. It took me 2 more to drop the seeds… I quickly learned I’d not gone slowly enough. It’s not a good reason to walk away. I may be a lifelong stoner, but under all this anxiety I’m pretty smart. I wouldn’t have spent the money and started if I wasn’t going to do it.

I am physically disabled and all of it is painful. Mostly the running around getting shit. I’ve learned to pace out the tent time with breaks. When not a holiday, or running for this, I don’t actually do much aside from concerts, which cause pain too but the worth it kind. Only things that are worth the price. Haha. ✌️

This should be cleaned up a bit. I am moderately disabled. I have a back full of metal and legs that just don’t seem to recover. Back is fine with lower, and slower activity. Waking longer distances is tough, standing through concerts is tough. I did recently start sitting on the top of the chair If I can (for short periods haha). If I had to lose that (which we did for too long) I’d be a mess. I will be going if I need a wheelchair, even though we know picking it will be a major issue. Haha. I didn’t want to leave the impression I was in some horrible situation. I’m not. I’m also not carrying the water. Haha. Friends are good to me. It’s just an added part of the journey for me I have to learn to manage. Like I have for everything else for 27 years. I just did what the docs said when the pain meds stopped flowing (didn’t care, had tons of unused), I learned to live with it. Pretty well too. I don’t complain much. This has just been tough. I’ll manage and find the comfortable way.

Last edited:
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Quality is of course an issue. What’s in the dispensary, medical & Rec, even though in CA they’re like Spencer’s for weed, just isn’t what it should be. I’m tired of chasing it down and changing supplies & qualities etc.

The 3oz isn’t me alone. I’m only 2.5… 🤫

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Woah. What a week. I do not have flu, but boy did I sure think I did. I have personally never been this sick. I’m not over it but the headache is lessened and I’m sitting on the couch. Not in the bed. I tested negative for flu but positive for flu A and I had my shot of course. You learn with bad lungs to just take medical advice if it’s not ridiculous. Docs say if I hadn’t had the flu vax, I’d probably have had to go to the hospital. I AM FINE! No sympathy needed. I’m a baby when sick but none of you have to deal with it and I am actually a big boy. lol. I’ve been AWOL and directing plant care (to my abilities) from the bed. I’m lucky to have a great roommate and mom upstairs. I am going up today though, they need amendments and top dressing, and can’t get flu a, right? 🤣.

I’ll go back to updating and posting pics. I’ve only seen through photos for the week and the camera (a lot of photos though, they’re a bit aggravated by that).

Those I follow and read through to learn from have made my week a little easier with your beautiful photos and videos. What a pick me up! ✌️

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Ok; I went up there. I’m not going to feel bad. I literally couldn’t move. Some of what I see, although I see the issues and what can be better, I’m pretty happy with right now. That’s on 4 of them. The other 3 I am unsure. There are 3 gorilla glue, 3 Bruce Banner, and 1 GSC. I can easily identify 2 of each sister. There was a tag mishap with the roommate helping the transfer (my responsibility). Of course when you see the 3 I have concerns with, they all look like sisters. That is possible. It just means my identification of the others is wrong, but damn if they aren’t really similar.

Anyway, I can’t fret too much and go back in time. Had I not been sick this is likely the same result. I see I have a ton of unevenness. I am just going to let it ride I guess. I don’t want to cut branches. Should I cut branches, with decent spots that will get some light? There are 3 that keep growing, but not much going on at flower spots. I don’t know if it’s genetics, I did something to them, or what. Im pretty sure they’re all female. And, the one where I marked in red. What can I do about that? Clean that whole inside out, or will it come up? I feel so dumb. Haha. Thanks!

Edit: I flipped them on the 11th So, 17 days ago. Are they all slow?
C706A567 F562 4472 BF17 8F0E09584B41
6E05260C 946C 4C52 93CB 4FD739F15634
929C956F 4596 44FA A869 6E2D8977A65F
E7369C72 5251 4442 8632 C6AF974800D0
0F513AEF 4F03 42CC 97C1 806E058BC58D
8D9ACC4A DE26 4ECC A6F6 1F2EF34C1E40
73CFAAE5 9463 42CB BCBD 5DD2DC4AFCDD

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
do a soil slurry and make sure the ppm are proper. if it is slightly too high than just give it couple rounds of water

SC69

SC69

Supporter
do a soil slurry and make sure the ppm are proper. if it is slightly too high than just give it couple rounds of water
Thank you! On it. The two with pistils in boxes just went dry today. The others had been 2 maybe 3 days (2 gals today). It stays pretty decent in between but maybe I’m waiting too long? My 7 gals seem to be ok too.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Why is buying a quality product so hard? Who can be trusted with reviews?
I live in the NE. Natural humidity in the winter in the house averages 30%. The summer too because of the AC. I’m not going to be indoor (or outdoor) growing this summer for sure (decided to sell and move), and probably not indoors ever in the summer because there’s no reason now. I can have them in the yard.

When I started this first run, the only thing I didn’t need was a humidifier. We had one in the basement, brand new used once because it’s annoyingly loud (evaporative). It did a pretty decent job until it just started to get bad. I’m using hard water, the filters are crap and fall apart, don’t last long. Then it just quit. I knew it was going to, and another had been ordered, and came that same day! I was so relieved.

Until I learned it’s a piece of crap. Maybe it’s a fake, since I got it on Amazon. I’d of ordered from them directly, or another favorite website but it wouldn’t ship as fast and I was desperate. It’s a well rated seller, and everything appears to be authentic. Except for how I was told it would work. It doesn’t. I had it in the room, admittedly a pretty warm room, for hours and the RH didn’t rise. The tent isn’t as low as the room, but it’s not where I want it. It’s “ultrasonic” and pumping out fog constantly, as seen and described. It’s rated for 900sq’, the room is 140 lol.

Right now I have it placed near the vent pulling it right in (and out of course) & it’s not desperately low. It’s not rising either. I could put it in the tent. But controlling there is going to be a learning curve, I don’t want to use distilled water, which is why I got this type, that claims to have a demineralization cartridge (it’s in there) and use of hard water is ok, but there may be a white residue buildup etc.. That’s fine in the room, I can just wipe it down. I don’t want it on plants, the light, the carbon filter cover etc etc. I can’t be buying water for it. I am using the distilled I have for the torture cpap device, for now.

I can’t use my water for the plants either, am going to move, RO isn’t best in my medium, and I’m not buying one to just move somewhere I won’t need it. I am buying bottled water, which is just “remineralized” RO, for .40¢ a gallon to get through this run. It’s fine. But I can’t buy it for humidity.

I’m not saying the name because I don’t really know what’s acceptable and don’t want to ruffle feathers. Should I just go back to evaporative? I don’t have a lot of faith in this now. It’s not broken. It’s pumping the stuff out and going through water. It just doesn’t actually work. Haha.

advice on what to get? I’m entering a phase I can lower it and will be fine. I’m going to need it for proper drying etc. I need it here in plenty of time. The chasing shit down game has to end. I looked at so many and watched so many reviews. Now I don’t trust any of them. Including one of my favorite sites that’s certainly helped me get to the point I’m at. They suggested this piece of crap too!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If its pumping out mist, then its working and some other factor is causing the problem. Lets have some pix of your setup.

stp

stp

Ok; I went up there. I’m not going to feel bad. I literally couldn’t move. Some of what I see, although I see the issues and what can be better, I’m pretty happy with right now. That’s on 4 of them. The other 3 I am unsure. There are 3 gorilla glue, 3 Bruce Banner, and 1 GSC. I can easily identify 2 of each sister. There was a tag mishap with the roommate helping the transfer (my responsibility). Of course when you see the 3 I have concerns with, they all look like sisters. That is possible. It just means my identification of the others is wrong, but damn if they aren’t really similar.

Anyway, I can’t fret too much and go back in time. Had I not been sick this is likely the same result. I see I have a ton of unevenness. I am just going to let it ride I guess. I don’t want to cut branches. Should I cut branches, with decent spots that will get some light? There are 3 that keep growing, but not much going on at flower spots. I don’t know if it’s genetics, I did something to them, or what. Im pretty sure they’re all female. And, the one where I marked in red. What can I do about that? Clean that whole inside out, or will it come up? I feel so dumb. Haha. Thanks!

Edit: I flipped them on the 11th So, 17 days ago. Are they all slow?
View attachment 1211187View attachment 1211188View attachment 1211189View attachment 1211190View attachment 1211191View attachment 1211192View attachment 1211193
I don’t really see any big issues. You flipped before they were mature and shaped so they grow how they grow and you really don’t cut much unless it’s a leaf or two, but even then with plants this small, I would not remove any/many at all. They make the food and there won’t be any more new growth so be careful what you remove. Your white balance on the photos makes me think they look more lime green than they probably are. I don’t know why you’d do a soil slurry, but I didn’t read that far back.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I don’t really see any big issues. You flipped before they were mature and shaped so they grow how they grow and you really don’t cut much unless it’s a leaf or two, but even then with plants this small, I would not remove any/many at all. They make the food and there won’t be any more new growth so be careful what you remove. Your white balance on the photos makes me think they look more lime green than they probably are. I don’t know why you’d do a soil slurry, but I didn’t read that far back.
Thanks. I think the slurry was recommended because I was concerned with late signs of hairs etc. I’ve learned a bit more and they are a mix and could be sativa dom. They are showing now. I didn’t top them until the 9th node, & then a few days later defoliated the first time. Way too much but I was fooled by the reaction and seeming bounce back. I stunted them, more than once. The temps/RH has been tough for me to control and get high enough as well. I should have run the tent a week or two to figure it out instead of 2 days. All good lessons.

This is it for a few months. We’re selling etc. I don’t get to just start up again but I will keep something growing in the boxes. Just not here inside while it’s being shown 🤣🤣. Completely legally, I just would rather not chase away people with money. They won’t be fooled by clover in the boxes hahaha.

I think I just have to let it go now. I know I have to defoliate again, I think I just have a heavy hand I need to pull back. I also know soon I can take a lot of the excess off. They’re small and slow, but they’ll give me something I hope. Just the lessons are ok at this point.

Thanks!

SC69

SC69

Supporter
If its pumping out mist, then its working and some other factor is causing the problem. Lets have some pix of your setup.
You are right of course, the evaporative just did a better job, under the conditions I have it in, and I need to make some adjustments. Keeping the door closed for one. There’s a cat door, with the flap off but the closure is worn and it easily pops and cracks open, apparently enough to affect this unit. It’s still in a room not even half the size it’s for. I was wrong. It’s rated 400, not 900. Even if I had the room, I don’t really want it inside. I have pics somewhere. I’ll post it. Empty & with ladies. I can take another if I can’t find it.

The 5x5 tent is in a 150sq’ room with 7’ ceilings, only in the center as half the rooms wall is slanted etc. I’m running the PhotonTek X600p, an 8” AC infinity exhaust system (fan, filter, silencer). It’s too big but when told to factor everything in, a 6” appeared it would have to run close to high all the time. This doesn’t. I now know I could have used the 6” without problem and save a couple inches of headroom in the process. This runs at 4-5 on lights up and 2 for down. I had it on 6 but did think it was overkill.

The thing works, just not how I expected. It is better than the noise of that other contraption. In the next place I’ll have more control because it will be a dedicated spot. This couldn’t be.

thanks

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Feeling much better today so it’s a couple hours of work to get done (I have to stretch it), it would take someone else half hour. Haha.

I’m going to rearrange the boxes again and pull my pots into the middle, instead of the two corners. I’ve changed the whole tents orientation once (meant to rotate) but the boxes are heavy unless empty, and are rarely all empty at once. 2 are and they can come out, others will slide. I’d say it’s a good chance to clean the floor well but I’ve got the watering of the 7 gals down pretty well (for now) and there’s not been any big messes.

The “stretch” I thought wasn’t going to happen, may just be late? It’s like something exploded in there. Plants touching each other all of a sudden, can’t tell that I defoliated anything (except when you see they’re stunted, a few things I believe caused that). All good for me. The only thing that is sucking out loud right now is after years, I’m finally getting my way and we are out of here. Oil, propane, hard water, a yard I have to pay a ton of money to have kept up etc etc, all finally going away. BUT! Now that I have their agreement, and the time is HOT! I need 5-7 more weeks before the thing can be shown. Hahaha!!!

As mentioned above, I also cannot start my second run when I should while it’s all fresh, because I can’t be showing the house with weed growing. Which is really stupid because it’s legal. I just know people, and the buyer will be a holly roller reefer madness freak. I don’t care. They have money. If I have to hide the garden so be it.

ok: I’m sure everyone missed my rants to who knows who 🤣. It’s lonely here even with people. lol. I’ll get to work now.

Oh! Wait! I can identify everyone now. I just lost a few for a bit. I know the gal who has no sisters!!

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Not lonely, just quiet.
You’re right, and it’s what I needed to realize. I have in the last 6/7 weeks developed new eyes & ears, and way to process what they take in. A little cryptic (probably not, haha) but what they see & hear now is much better than it has been in a long time.
✌️❤️🎼

On an exciting (for me) note, I have decided to semi retire from my lifetime concert obsession. This summer marks the 39th year without parents or family friend etc. Obsession started young, being dragged (lovingly and so thankfully) to festivals & shows and seeing images of Woodstock. It’s all been a big part of my identity. Dad “forgot us” 🙄. I mean, pretty decent decision for that dude, at that time since I was only 6 weeks old, but come on man. WTF! I’d have been fine. Let’s not really be fooled that my safety was the concern 🤣🤣.

40 years would be better but when I saw the new pricing, refund/insurance policies etc, it’s just too much for this old bird, who used to just walk in and out and have a blast to have to deal with. It’s robbery in plain site.

Told my concert partner we will cut it way back and do lawn seats for select shows after this summer. I’ll still go to some. There are bands I want to see again, and venues I want to be in again, but that will come over a couple years. I told her, this summer we have to go back to Bethel. The same bands play the two spots (Saratoga too) and SPAC is our backyard but it’s only 2 hours to Bethel. I just pulled up the schedule to pick one…..and I saw, on August 21, a week after the 53rd anniversary, Santana is playing Bethel. They played Woodstock unsigned and unknown and he became a superstar. From that spot. I’m ending it there. It’s kind of spiritual for me there, and it’s friggin Santana. (Weirdo). I know this has nothing to do with our topics. I’m just excited which is strange because I’m ending an era. Obsession is the word. I live in the middle of 4 major venues, 2.5 hours from 3 stadiums etc. I’ve driven, taken the train, been in a dirty VW bus, and flown. It’s over 420 shows in the 39 years. That’s what’s ending. In really cool, very me style. 😎

if you got here….thank you! Haha

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Morning all. Is this little girl rootbound? She’s in a 7gal. Her sister, always an Amazonian, is also in one. She is the smallest of all and even her little leaves were never that big. You see them (duh, sorry).

I’m 3 weeks 3 days from light flip. I do know I’ve had slow growth, as a combo of my actions and I believe temps (I don’t know, just struggled to get above 74°). Will be better when room can be closed tight. I have learned the lesson. I needed to run the tent longer before I put anything in it, to get control and know how to control. 3 days was obviously just an exercise. I’m going to call on my constant helpers here, I hope the tags are ok. I know I can be a bit much. lol ✌️& Thank you!

@PK1 @stp @ComfortablyNumb @m4s73r @Observationist

thanks all. The more eyes and opinions the better for me to work it out and understand. Maybe it’s genetics? The other one is a monster, and the 3rd sister just kind of running along with the rest. Pics are one of each and side by side.

2101D95D 37D1 48F7 8196 F3E9512644B2
4334507A B931 4693 B4DD 9FD4D6067833
C24153A6 C5C4 435D BA73 82DDD74E5409
Top Bottom