First grow, first diary. We are In Utero.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
We’re trimming. 2 just hung. No fancy pictures. I’m wrecked. Down way too many pounds and body getting worse. Hahaha. Stupid!! It’s not a gram a watt but it’s a pound + of decent, medium, and of course popcorn bud. I’m not going to complain. Especially half dead. Thanks to all who helped and I wouldn’t have gotten through after they popped without it. No way. ✌️

Reactions: stp
SC69

SC69

Supporter
My grow was hard on and for me, mostly unnecessarily, and boring for you all. I’ll just leave this here so I’ll remember to ask someone. lol.
Plants grown side by side all the same. Just one is a bit “fluffy.” Not overly but not dense like the rest. Why? Just genetics?

Reactions: stp
stp

stp

I have known of an issue that is another rookie mistake. I can’t dry in the tent. The GSC will need 2 more weeks (I don’t know what I was thinking).

For the week or so it will take I’m going to be unconcerned with odor. Everyone that lives here can handle it. Anyone that comes here won’t be surprised and we can actually just keep them out, without any suspicion.

I can’t even use the room the tent is in really. The conditions will be different. I’m convinced this Air Innovations humidifier has a crappy hygrometer and I need to run some tests. I’ve read and seen vids of what folks call proper drying. I want to get as close as I can. I am thinking my closet, or just a clothes rack in my room. I can control the temp (between 65-70) but not much beyond that up or down. I know the temp is fine. It’s the humidity I’m worried about. Don’t want to direct it at them and it be too much, and want to make sure they dry properly.

what does everyone do? The whole plant hanging, or branches? Wet trim everything larger and leave the rest till dry? Wet trim it all and use the rack?

The two in freezer cut the branches and put in a freezer bag? Time is coming. ✌️
I hung mine upside down in the tent….

stp

stp

My grow was hard on and for me, mostly unnecessarily, and boring for you all. I’ll just leave this here so I’ll remember to ask someone. lol.
Plants grown side by side all the same. Just one is a bit “fluffy.” Not overly but not dense like the rest. Why? Just genetics?
If they were from seed, absolutely could be genetics, if it is from clone, then it could be a lot of things. Maybe that spot is low PAR like a hole in the canopy…

TSD

TSD

Good job, are you all dried? On to curing?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
They are all from seed. I will go from seed one more run, although outdoors for summer to find the 3/4 strains I’ll want to rotate. I do think 4 is best for what I want and need. Just rotate them and not run out.

Not run out of “fresh buds” though. A caveat. Haha. I think after 6 months anything left would go to other things. Recipe’s & my nephew etc etc. Kid has no idea what his bday gifts will be going forward. The other kids don’t care. They’re bored by it. I don’t actually have the knowledge to know how long this will stay fresh and I’m sure there are things to do to keep it fresher. Ya’ll will learn me. I’m confident.

The first 5 were harvested a day apart and dried for only 5 days each. They are not monster plants or buds. I slow dried them with good temp and humidity according to all the reading. It looks and smells nice. I’ll grab some out next burp and grab a picture. I’m not excited by that part though. I did kind of let out an, “I DID IT.” When the twig snapped and i knew they were ready to be trimmed. I fucking did it!! 🤯 They’re curing. RH% is good in the jars.

I do this now. I grow my own medicine. I know what’s in it and I babysat it while young. Haha. In no small part thanks to all of you. Those who’ve commented and helped that way, as well as everyone else just for being here and documenting stuff. I learned much more by just reading through everyone’s diaries and threads. It’s why I settled here on this forum and will be staying. Even between runs I’ll be around to learn more. I’m corny. I get it. I do have gratitude for everyone.
✌️❤️🎼
Shaun

SC69

SC69

Supporter
There is another piece I could use opinions on for usage of said Medicine. I really have to stop with the “smoke.” I’m not into edibles long term or as a method. I’ll of course eat them. I don’t want to make anything out of this yield, but I will for, wait for it, wait for it….mom. She’s 70. Ha! Love her!! She is hacking black crap and it makes her cry. She’s good with edibles but I still get her disposable pre-filled carts and she still wants that delivery.

Getting long again. Ugh!!

I NEED A VAPE THAT GIVES ME CLOUDS!
I didn’t make up “clouds” and think it’s silly but it’s a good descriptor. I need to see and feel it. No vapes I’ve used really come close. Not even the table top, I can’t remember the name of. Not the volcano. I don’t like the bags. The battery pre-filled carts are the type of “hit” and cloud but not what I’m looking to recreate. I need a home vape. I’ll still use the Pax-Pax3 🙄 (see) for on the go. Even a battery pen. It’s home I need fixed.

I think I found something. It’s well over what I thought would be price range but I’ll spend it. If it’s really what I need, and it must exist, I’ll spend it. I have to stop buying things because it worked that way for someone I didn’t know in a YouTube video and could have been actual smoke 🤷🏻‍♂️ The vape needs to hit me. It needs to recreate smoking as close as possible.

Thank you!

TSD

TSD

There is another piece I could use opinions on for usage of said Medicine. I really have to stop with the “smoke.” I’m not into edibles long term or as a method. I’ll of course eat them. I don’t want to make anything out of this yield, but I will for, wait for it, wait for it….mom. She’s 70. Ha! Love her!! She is hacking black crap and it makes her cry. She’s good with edibles but I still get her disposable pre-filled carts and she still wants that delivery.

Getting long again. Ugh!!

I NEED A VAPE THAT GIVES ME CLOUDS!
I didn’t make up “clouds” and think it’s silly but it’s a good descriptor. I need to see and feel it. No vapes I’ve used really come close. Not even the table top, I can’t remember the name of. Not the volcano. I don’t like the bags. The battery pre-filled carts are the type of “hit” and cloud but not what I’m looking to recreate. I need a home vape. I’ll still use the Pax-Pax3 🙄 (see) for on the go. Even a battery pen. It’s home I need fixed.

I think I found something. It’s well over what I thought would be price range but I’ll spend it. If it’s really what I need, and it must exist, I’ll spend it. I have to stop buying things because it worked that way for someone I didn’t know in a YouTube video and could have been actual smoke 🤷🏻‍♂️ The vape needs to hit me. It needs to recreate smoking as close as possible.

Thank you!
Well I've used a Mighty for 2 years. It's made by Storz and Bickel, same company that makes the Volcano. It's a dry herb vape, so it's not going to be the same a cartridges... which by the way can be very bad for you if you're not getting them from a reputable source. There's very little regulation and the shit some companies put in them is downright dangerous. Anyway... I highly recommend the Mighty. I have the first Gen, there is a second gen out now called Mighty+... which makes the original a bit more affordable. I think they just improved the battery or something. You can usually find a coupon code on Vaporizer Chief and you can still register the serial number with Storz and Bickel for the warranty. I've lent mine to 2 friends, they've both since bought one. I can give you my usual rundown... I swear I should be getting commissions at this point because I rave about it to everyone. Firstly, it's expensive, but it's worth it. I registered mine under the warranty and I recently sent it back to be refurbished. 2 years of heavy use and the battery needed to be replaced. It still worked, it was just slow to heat and quick to die... we can't have that. So I was expecting them to take it apart and replace the battery and bill me for the parts... nope, they sent me a brand new unit! Amazing. Totally worth the money for customer service like that. Might just be cause the have the next gen now or might be cause it was beyond repair after two years of abuse. 🤷‍♀️
As far as using it, it's very user friendly, after a full cleaning or so you'll have it down, might have to help your Ma in that department though, there are a couple little parts and some gaskets. I do a full clean every week or so, but you can get away with longer, but the function will start to suffer. I always brush out the bowl and screen after it cools. You can also use the refillable aluminum dosing pods, which are both handy and keep the unit clean longer.
So vaping with a dry herb vape is not smoking, cause you're not combusting the plant material, you're actually boiling the water within the bud and that is becoming vapor and taking all the lovely THC along for the ride... so healthier because you're not getting the carcinogens you get from smoking traditionally. It will start to combust if it's too dry and the temp is too high. The MOST important thing to worry about when using a dry herb vape is the weed must be properly dried, cured and stored well up until the point it gets used... just like with cigars, wrong moisture content equals a harsh and sub par smoking experience. I store my bulk in grove bags and my head jars have humidity packs and a small meter. If it's in the 55-52 range, I'm happy.
I usually set mine at 370 to start, start taking a puff around 350 to get those first terpenes. Long and slow drags gives you the best taste and even vaporization... but that's personal preference, I'm a taste gal, you can crank it up to 400 and crank out a massive cloud if you want, but I find that less enjoyable. I don't like coughing up a lung. I raise the temp by a few degrees every puff or so and once it tastes like crap I dump it. Some people say you have to have bone dry weed to vape, but those people don't understand how vaporization works lol. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, I'm rambling so I'll just share a link you can read lol.

stp

stp

I had a volcano and the mighty. Mighty wasn’t my style, big and bulky, if I want portable it would be something else. The volcano for home use is great, but It’s a process and not nearly as simple as loading a b and going at it. I sold the volcano shortly after to someone who was so excited to get it!

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I had a volcano and the mighty. Mighty wasn’t my style, big and bulky, if I want portable it would be something else. The volcano for home use is great, but It’s a process and not nearly as simple as loading a b and going at it. I sold the volcano shortly after to someone who was so excited to get it!
I should have said what I have and been more clear. I have the mighty. Won’t do it. It’s fine for portable. Like it even. Same with pax. Easy. Prefilled “bowls.” I need a home vape. Table vape. I’ll find the one I’m looking at. None of the style will do.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Well I've used a Mighty for 2 years. It's made by Storz and Bickel, same company that makes the Volcano. It's a dry herb vape, so it's not going to be the same a cartridges... which by the way can be very bad for you if you're not getting them from a reputable source. There's very little regulation and the shit some companies put in them is downright dangerous. Anyway... I highly recommend the Mighty. I have the first Gen, there is a second gen out now called Mighty+... which makes the original a bit more affordable. I think they just improved the battery or something. You can usually find a coupon code on Vaporizer Chief and you can still register the serial number with Storz and Bickel for the warranty. I've lent mine to 2 friends, they've both since bought one. I can give you my usual rundown... I swear I should be getting commissions at this point because I rave about it to everyone. Firstly, it's expensive, but it's worth it. I registered mine under the warranty and I recently sent it back to be refurbished. 2 years of heavy use and the battery needed to be replaced. It still worked, it was just slow to heat and quick to die... we can't have that. So I was expecting them to take it apart and replace the battery and bill me for the parts... nope, they sent me a brand new unit! Amazing. Totally worth the money for customer service like that. Might just be cause the have the next gen now or might be cause it was beyond repair after two years of abuse. 🤷‍♀️
As far as using it, it's very user friendly, after a full cleaning or so you'll have it down, might have to help your Ma in that department though, there are a couple little parts and some gaskets. I do a full clean every week or so, but you can get away with longer, but the function will start to suffer. I always brush out the bowl and screen after it cools. You can also use the refillable aluminum dosing pods, which are both handy and keep the unit clean longer.
So vaping with a dry herb vape is not smoking, cause you're not combusting the plant material, you're actually boiling the water within the bud and that is becoming vapor and taking all the lovely THC along for the ride... so healthier because you're not getting the carcinogens you get from smoking traditionally. It will start to combust if it's too dry and the temp is too high. The MOST important thing to worry about when using a dry herb vape is the weed must be properly dried, cured and stored well up until the point it gets used... just like with cigars, wrong moisture content equals a harsh and sub par smoking experience. I store my bulk in grove bags and my head jars have humidity packs and a small meter. If it's in the 55-52 range, I'm happy.
I usually set mine at 370 to start, start taking a puff around 350 to get those first terpenes. Long and slow drags gives you the best taste and even vaporization... but that's personal preference, I'm a taste gal, you can crank it up to 400 and crank out a massive cloud if you want, but I find that less enjoyable. I don't like coughing up a lung. I raise the temp by a few degrees every puff or so and once it tastes like crap I dump it. Some people say you have to have bone dry weed to vape, but those people don't understand how vaporization works lol. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, I'm rambling so I'll just share a link you can read lol.
Absolutely no complaints from me for explaining and giving your experience and opinions. That’s how I find what works for me. I do like the mighty and have it. I like the pax a bit more and have all 3 (4 with the cart one). This will be for home use. These cannot deliver the hit I’m looking for. At high high heat I’ll get one or two. No. I need something else. I need to find the one I was taking about. Works like and is also doubled as a dabb rig. I’ll get the link.
Thank you!

TSD

TSD

Absolutely no complaints from me for explaining and giving your experience and opinions. That’s how I find what works for me. I do like the mighty and have it. I like the pax a bit more and have all 3 (4 with the cart one). This will be for home use. These cannot deliver the hit I’m looking for. At high high heat I’ll get one or two. No. I need something else. I need to find the one I was taking about. Works like and is also doubled as a dabb rig. I’ll get the link.
Thank you!

I got my dad a Buddha table vape, he likes it... but I think the Volcano is top of the line... you must have some impressive lungs, my mighty has kicked my ass with massive hits more than once lol. I saw a tik tok once with an old lady that had a fancy gravity bong and was getting massive clouds... but that's not a vape.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I’m confused by the format of the impressive impressive lungs comment. Looks like I posted it but didn’t.

We don’t have to get too far in but when I was younger I could hit it for sure. I will cough too much now. I don’t actually care though. This is the journey. I do know now that my lungs are just allergic to smoke.

Does it mean vapor too? Of course the doctor will say yes. But it doesn’t make sense to me. What is he talking about? Maybe pesticides or something I’d be unaware of? I’ve covered that by growing this. Haha.

I want smoke. If it’s taking 5 years off the 10-20 (copd) I’ll vape as a habit instead. I did quit cigs immediately. Of course I still slip but don’t go back full. I’m not quitting both. Edibles don’t cut it. Filling a vapor bag won’t cut it. I’ve yet to find any portable vape that could.

I mentioned the liquid cartridges as reference to hit style and cloud. I don’t like them. It’s not the same thing for me. Insta ready and press on isn’t hands on with the medicine. I didn’t switch to liquid nicotine. I just quit.

I’m 53 in June. It’s nothing to be proud of now and my niece and nephews wouldn’t dare haha. But I’ve smoked weed and cigs since I was 11. Technically 10 but it was around this time of year in 1980. It’s a lot of smoke in my lungs and body. Damage is done and so far irreversible but I’m set. Just need to cruise through with good medics and better delivery.

I need a hefty vape for that. I’ll just smoke. I’m just trying to please the family here. Haha. ✌️

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

The girls today, looks like maybe still a couple sisters rebounding from too much water in transplant. A friend said I could cut that leaf that’s hitting cover straw. I’m just afraid to do it. She’s so young. I knew enough to ask, and she can’t be happy like that but I am still afraid to hurt them I guess. I need to get over it. A week (later today) since transplant and they’re just now optimally moist (I think 🤔🤣). They’ve been growing though. Plan is still 4 30’s and 3 15’s 3 weeks from today (Monday) for 2 weeks, and flip. All from a mix pack at ILGM for beginners with 8-9 week flowering times. I don’t know how accurate those are but I’d imagine they’re close.

I didn’t need them as I still have 2 each from the pack but when I went to Vermont, and you can just buy them in the store, I had to grab Ethos Cherry Gar-See-Ya and Skunk hero RBX1 (I’ts a bit silly as I don’t even know what I’m doing yet). I also scored a full 5pk credit from ILGM because in my review, I said they fulfilled their end and all 9 popped, but 2 of the GSC had bad luck setting tap roots and never grew (one lost half a cotyledon on the way up). That’s above and beyond. It’s just nature. Of course being the fair minded guy that I am, I had to spend the never expiring coupon code immediately and show appreciation of the gesture by ordering another pack on top of the free one. My parents really did a number on me 🤣.

Anyway, rambling now but I got pack of Runtz with the coupon and a buy 10 get 10 of G-13. I’ll be giving a few away to friends who do outdoor grows in the summer. I can’t grow all these. I know they’ll keep longer than stated if kept correctly, but why not spread the love. They can’t help me much but a few that didn’t do all they could to discourage me, do try. Anyway, format probably sucks and isn’t what you’re looking for but it’s a journey of the ladies and me, right? Thanks for listening.

If you see something please say something. Haha.

View attachment 1194635View attachment 1194634
Hey brother,
I can tell you that you dnt need to be scared of these plants. They are very resilient, it's why they are called weeds. I see you sayin ur always spending/buying new wich has put you over budget. I am disabled and on fixed income so I get it completely. My 1st piece of advice is to buy Jorge Cervantes grow Bible 40.00 roughly and recently revised.
Next would be the kind of light used for veg?
M.H, l.e.d, or what?
Next is soil and pots?
Look at a few videos on YouTube
"Grow your own greens"
"How to grow mendo dope" and
"Pigeons420"
Plz feel free to hit me up

Latest posts

Top Bottom