First Grow for me after a few years

• Thread starter fargonaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fargonaz

fargonaz

This is the story of Bag Seed: started on Mar. 24th of this year when I found (1) one only bag seed(I'm not a big time toker) out of a 1/4 oz. I germinated(24th) it and planted(27th) it outside in a small teracota pot, and it did good. But then, I transplanted in to 10 gallon bag where it spent the first few days teetering(outside) and finally straightening up again. It spent the next 30 days in a state of suspended animation, still outside(about 3 hrs morning sun, 3 hrs shade at noon and 4 hrs in late afternoon sun. I topped it once, for all the good that did. It looked the same after recovering from the transplant as it did when I moved it in to the tent on Apr. 30th. It's doing much better now.

First grow for me after a few years
First grow for me after a few years 2
First grow for me after a few years 3
First grow for me after a few years 4
Photoaf
fargonaz

fargonaz

The others are: top/left-Greenpoint Purple Crunch(topped), bottom/left-MSNL Silver Haze AF(fim), top/right-Greenpoint Banana Punch, bottom/right-Rocket Tangie AF, all planted Apr. 9th. I've spent about half what I spent on my light, on seeds, with about 72% germination rate, of those(you see here.) So, only 60% of all seeds germinated are making it to veg. I have tried to germinate 5 MSNL Acapulco Gold of those 3 germinated and made it to seedling(autopsie revealed... root rot) victims of overwatering; no doubt. I have 4 seeds germinating right now trying to fill that 6th slot. My water is local well with 1.9EC and 7.3 pH; no, I don't drink it.

Last edited:
fargonaz

fargonaz

The 4 seeds I tried to germinate ALL FAILED(give me a brake) I'm pretty dissappointed in grim bros and definitely disappointed in the reseller; live and learn. On a brighter note I have germinated 3 seeds since then and they're outside. Bag Seed is doing OK, nothing special. I just topped the Tangie AF and the Banana Punch and gave the Purple Crunch another top. The Silver Haze AF has started to flower. If I get anything smokable out of this 'test' run I'll be happy. The average temp of the tent is ~87 and the average humidity is ~12%. This is in my un controlled garage. I think they are smaller than they could have been since I had the light intensity too high for the first couple of weeks, plus the low humidity plus the high temps; excuses, I got a million of 'em.
IMG 20220523 185210
Photoaf

fargonaz

fargonaz

Ugh! Slow slow slow. I had to crank up the AC (avg. 90 w/AC) to get this much growth, otherwise they were not dying and not growing either. I'm feeding Jacks 321 @80% every other watering(~3 days w/gallon sacks and 6 days w/10 gallon.) The light is an HLG Scorpion Diablo @40% and 28" above. Everyone but Bagseed is almost 8 weeks. The Silver haze has been flowering for 3 weeks and the Tangie, that was supposed to be an auto, is still in veg. I gave everyone a haircut. Up potted Banana Punch and Purple Crunch to 5 gallon.
Soil - Is just a messy situation for this grow period. The intial seeds were planted in stuff(sta-green, miracle-gro, kellogs) from big box stores. The only thing that the seedlings will grow in(that I have) is the miracle-gro potting soil(without doing anything.) So far all of my seedling failures(7) appear to be soil deficiencies.
Plan - 4 - 6 more weeks of veg, allowing for ~2 weeks to determine if the new seedlings(Triangle Grape Cake x Oaxaca(Trustfall), Durban Thai x C99(GB)) can somehow survive outside, otherwise they'll come back in to the tent and will start flower. I want to be ready for the reasonable season.

06 10 2022
IMG 20220610 102913
Last edited:
josefrahl

josefrahl

Are you watering the whole pot? Some of the pics it looks like only around the plant in the middle.

fargonaz

fargonaz

Are you watering the whole pot? Some of the pics it looks like only around the plant in the middle.
Yes, that's just how it's drying. I have an old bottling bucket and I'd estimate the water runs out of there at ~1.5 lpm through a little piece of tubing, so it takes a good 3 - 4 minutes of watering on the 10 gallon to intiate run-off. I start off running in half-circles from the fabric to the stalk then spin the bag around and do it like this at least twice.

fargonaz

fargonaz

HAD to go to flower, electricity bill was 450 for June :/ I had a problem with the white bottling bucket I was keeping in the tent, and the Tangie and Silver haze paid the price :/
06 11 2022
06 15 2022

Something toxic to the plants happened in the old white bottling bucket(using 1tsp/ga H2O2 3% for algae) luckily I had only used it to water the Tangie and Silver Haze, but it did a number on them.
I chopped the Silver Haze when I got the 'lectric bill.
They've been on 12/12 since 07/03 with no major problems.
07 10 2022
IMG 20220711 113107

I've added the Amnesia since the last post: from the lower left Trangle Grape Cake x Oaxaca, Amnesia, Durban Thai x C99, Tangie. The Amnesia sprouted on 05/20/22, but had problems due to crappy soil.
I'm really looking forward to cooler weather; mostly for the plants sake.

josefrahl

josefrahl

That's why I got a portable a/c for my room. Don't have to run the whole house for 1 little room. :)

fargonaz

fargonaz

It looks like everything is going OK so far. Added MKP @1.2g/Ga. to the feed 6 days ago, a little late from what I've read.

The Triangle Grape Cake x Oaxaca was a male. I'm not sufficiently competent to start a breeding program... yet.

The DTC99 smells like fuel; from a stem rub. The others smell OK but don't stand out.

This shit is a lot of work. I've learned more than I thought I would. I am amazed by the results. The genetics and light tech make
this hobby pretty satisfying which leads to more enthusiasm for me.

If a fire took everything, I would be content in the fact that I could do a much better job with less effort next time.
07 22 2022
IMG 20220722 075347

Last edited:
Top Bottom