First grow, have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck.. please help!

• Thread starter Redhulkgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redhulkgrower

Redhulkgrower

Set up: light: spider farmer sf2000 (15inches away from top of canopy)
Two 5 gallons in fox farm happy frog soil (white widow)
temp/humidity: (66/77)(31/43)
pH of runoff 6.4-6.6, using roots organic dry organic nutrients for flower as well as (cal-mag, recharge, top dressed with a little EWC and recently used fish shit)
Vegged for 70+ days. Currently on day 37 of flower and plants are not looking very good.... will post video of plants pre-flower then pictures of what they look like currently... Someone please give me some kind of answer

First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 2
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 3
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 4
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 5
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 6
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 7
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 8
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 9
First grow have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck please help 10
Pondracer

Pondracer

I had this exact same problem previously and now its back on another one. Only my soil grows. I have come to think its poor watering but I will be interested in seeing what people say. I trimmed all the yellow/dead stuff and tried watering daily. The first one that had this turned out to have great yield and potency even though it happened during flower. Not sure what will happen with this one.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

This is over watering....look back in your first video and you can see the tips turning down , and by the second video the lighter green top growth ....this is the CLASSIC START OF CHRONIC (over a period of time time) OVER WATERING

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

How often are you watering /feeding , and please give more details to what are doing in your garden...tent size, lights, I can see it's soil....what are you doing?

Pondracer

Pondracer

Originally that was what I thought (overwatering) with mine. But when I cut back on watering all I did was get massive drooping and the condition accelerated.

Redhulkgrower

Redhulkgrower

How often are you watering /feeding , and please give more details to what are doing in your garden...tent size, lights, I can see it's soil....what are you doing?
Tent size I am running a 4x2x5, light is a spider farmer sf2000 LED (equivalent too approx. 240watts at about 15 inches from top of canopy) I top dressed with two tsps each (recommend dosage first week I switched to flower) then 3 weeks later gave them both an additional two tsps top dress again (bigger plant I gave an extra 1/2 tsp) and last week top dressed with some EWC. For watering I give them both about 3/4 gallon and water to about 20% run off and let them soak and then give them the rest of the water and they stay wet for about 4 days, I go by weight of the pot. I also do water->water+cal-mag->water->water+recharge. Then just plain water for the past two weeks.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Well, when you over water the medium, you also make it hard for the roots to absorb oxygen....like they are drowning in a wet medium....plants in soil need some time between watering/ feedings to dry so that roots can establish this oxygen.....but over watering prevents this from occurring naturally...so, what are your feeding schedules?....I don't need to know you nutrients schedule, just, pot size, amount of water and how how often, ph, …if you now?

Redhulkgrower

Redhulkgrower

Well, when you over water the medium, you also make it hard for the roots to absorb oxygen....like they are drowning in a wet medium....plants in soil need some time between watering/ feedings to dry so that roots can establish this oxygen.....but over watering prevents this from occurring naturally...so, what are your feeding schedules?....I don't need to know you nutrients schedule, just, pot size, amount of water and how how often, ph, …if you now?
I am in 5 gallon fabric pots, I water every 4-5 days and when I water I give them about 3/4 of a gallon. I water to run off twice and first time I let the pot re-soak up the run off and the second time I drain the run off out if there is a good amount. I pH to 6.4-6.6 each time and my run off is showing to be in that exact same range, I also calibrate my meter once a week.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

OK, a 10 week flower period... there is a term called "chronic over watering", which means that depending when you put this plant into those size pot (5 gal), could mean that you were "chronically" (over a period of time) over watering these plants, and now the roots are not able to absorb the needed O2 from the roots as required, but now I am stretching it since I don't know you gtgrow room techniques and schedule...????

Redhulkgrower

Redhulkgrower

OK, a 10 week flower period... there is a term called "chronic over watering", which means that depending when you put this plant into those size pot (5 gal), could mean that you were "chronically" (over a period of time) over watering these plants, and now the roots are not able to absorb the needed O2 from the roots as required, but now I am stretching it since I don't know you gtgrow room techniques and schedule...????
I apologise I guess I am just slightly confused on what you mean by techniques and schedule...I just give them water when they need it and that's about once every 4-5 days. I just pH my water down to the 6.5 range and then give the plant about 3/4 of a gallon of water and I repeat this process every 4-5 days.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Example of an overwatered young cannabis plant with yellow leaves in a too-big pot

The following seedling is almost a month old, but it’s been overwatered its whole life. As a result, it’s stunted and small. The biggest hint that the roots are at fault is the fat, droopy leaves. The fact that it’s a small plant in a big container also makes it more likely for plants to develop root problems.

Redhulkgrower

Redhulkgrower

Example of an overwatered young cannabis plant with yellow leaves in a too-big pot

The following seedling is almost a month old, but it’s been overwatered its whole life. As a result, it’s stunted and small. The biggest hint that the roots are at fault is the fat, droopy leaves. The fact that it’s a small plant in a big container also makes it more likely for plants to develop root problems.
Gotcha gotcha, I think I see what you are getting at now. I transplanted these plants from red solo cup directly into 5 gallons once they were ready about 2-3 weeks from sprouting. Since this issue happens over time you believe that I am just NOW starting to see the effect of my bad watering habits in my weed plants, correct? So to help them out should I just let them dry out for a good bit and then water with less water?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Plants are seriously starving .....dry nutes wont cut with powerful LEDs....
Bump the N , Mg and Ca ona daily basis 💚
Get a complete flowering fertilizer formula and add to it from 1 to 2 grams x gallon of Epsom Salts

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Sorry to see your having these problems. I have no idea how to help. Lol.
However, we have a strikingly similar set up. I too am growing white widow (king crop seeds) under the sf2000 in a 2x4 tent. I am a few weeks behind you so it seems. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your grow and mitigating this issue.

Redhulkgrower

Redhulkgrower

Sorry to see your having these problems. I have no idea how to help. Lol.
However, we have a strikingly similar set up. I too am growing white widow (king crop seeds) under the sf2000 in a 2x4 tent. I am a few weeks behind you so it seems. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your grow and mitigating this issue.
Thanks buddy, if I have any suggestions in regards to white widow is to not underestimate how much she eats! No idea about your setup but I had to up my nutrient up take 2x in veg she was going threw them so fast. I definitely believe part of the reason for my current issues is me not giving them enough nutrients in the beginning of flower. Fingers crossed I can save them

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok not one of you have asked for ppm in and ppm out?
Never let ur pot soak up runoff, the reason we have runoff is to keep the salt based fertilizer from building up, you want the excess out. My guess would be your run off has a high ppm and low ph indicating a buildup which is not letting the plant take up what if needs?

Really need the ph in ppm in and ph out and ppm out numbers to determine whether it’s build up or if they are starving. Either way nutrient uptake is your issue - those leaves will not fully recover your best hope is to limp her to the finish , if it’s still drinking/transpiring your good

Redhulkgrower

Redhulkgrower

Ok not one of you have asked for ppm in and ppm out?
Never let ur pot soak up runoff, the reason we have runoff is to keep the salt based fertilizer from building up, you want the excess out. My guess would be your run off has a high ppm and low ph indicating a buildup which is not letting the plant take up what if needs?

Really need the ph in ppm in and ph out and ppm out numbers to determine whether it’s build up or if they are starving. Either way nutrient uptake is your issue - those leaves will not fully recover your best hope is to limp her to the finish , if it’s still drinking/transpiring your good
My ph in is always 6.5, the run off of my past two waterings has been between 6.4-6.6. in regards to ppm I am not sure because I just top dress but the runoff ppm was 5-600 about a week ago

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Back off the light a little. I run the same fixture and you're pushing them really hard at that distance. What's your lux at canopy level?

Combined with possible over watering/ph issues it's causing the plants to only use the reserves stored in the fan leaves. Don't remove them! Yellow one's without necrosis can bounce back and green up again, plus the plant needs them until the root situation is resolved.

I had to unlearn the old HPS way of just cramming the most powerful light as close as you can to the plants and blasting away. These QBs will fry them good 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom