First grow, have been posting on a few different forums with not much luck.. please help!

• Thread starter Redhulkgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

The dry fert will take months to breakdown and be available to the plants. These plants are starving. Do a pour through test (https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/HO/HO-285-w.pdf) and then use a balanced commercial fertilizer to get your ppm up.
351B6CCF 74E7 44ED 9DA7 54E901388EA8

Don’t get all analysis paralyzed with the pour through, use what every water/feed you normally use. The main object is just to let the water stay in contact with your soil for an hour or so, then push/pour the water out and test the ppm.

(A big caveat is that organic ferts don’t really effect your EC. But fish hydrolysate will, which I assume is what you mean by fish shit, (it’s not).

Last edited:
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

My first impression before I even read anything was that these are starving plants. I grow in five gallon pots and giving 3/4 gallon of water at one time in my opinion is a lot. I never soak the pots until they run out. I water more often but add less water at one time. I'm using Fox Farm Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. And Cal Mag Plus. And I'm definitely getting better results than this. Relying on dry organic nutrients is something I will never do. Because my methods mean faster growth. They start getting weak Grow Big solution as seedlings and my plants jump like rockets. They grow so fast you can see significant growth over 24 hours. My plants don't go hungry.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Most organic led grows look the same. I asked for suggestions on another site and was told "overwatering you noob". Been watering clay pots for 30 years and now Im overwatering fabric pots? Ok grass city..

LED was the difference. You don't know how your plants are eating under these "make good plant happy Amazon customer" lights until you understand the formula for calculating vpd which accounts for leaf temp differential. The math is counter intuitive if the leaf temp and room temp aren't identical.

Out of desperation I bought bottled nutes, fed the hell out of my led plants and ended up with a dumpster full of plastic weed (aka hydro "gas"). That means I fed them alot, when the buds smell is replaced by the synthetic PK smell, right hydro guys? The plants were not eating what I fed them, it was obvious. Hell you could season 3 McDonalds worth of fries with how salty those roots were. LED does not need more NPK. Led needs to stop strangling the plants with calcium every tije you open the door or turn on a fan. If led is the future its got to come with some new science real quick cuz the guys at alibaba.com telling me the plant makes less calcium under led... Not my brand of science.

Top Bottom