First grow hope you enjoy!

• Thread starter green fingers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
green fingers

green fingers

So I finally got sick of leaving my house to buy a smoke and have started the adventure of growing it instead. Through trial and error, mostly bloody error I've ended up with two grows on the go. Set up one as follows:
1x1x2 metre tent
400w hps / Air cooled hood
Extract 125 Rvk with Carbon filter
Intake 125 TT fan
Smscom twin fan controller
4 Barneys Farm Little Cheese - 1 in 7L rest in 10L pots
1 Sweet Seeds Big Devil 2 10L pot
1 Sweet Seeds Black Jack 10L pot
3 Sweet Seeds Speed Devils 10L pots

Set up Two:
.8X.8X1.6 Metre tent
250w MH/HPS w/h basic reflector
Extract w/h passive intake 125 TT fan + carbon filter
5 Short Stuff Russian Rocket Fuel
4 Himalaya Blue Diesel all in 7.5L pots

S

scoobydoo69

sounds like a nice set up. i've got some little cheese seeds i'm going to pop in soon. would love to see some pics of yours.

X

xRedkiller03x

Very nice! i really want to see little cheese :) i grew Blue cheese before and it was the best strain outta 3. gotta luv barneys farm.

green fingers

green fingers

Hi guys sorry it's a little late. A pic of one cheese in a 7l pot and the second is in a 10.5l. The top cola and my last bud! First grow and I expected a few things to go wrong but bloody hell!
Bought an air cooled hood for the 400w, it managed the temps beautifully but when I went to check on the ladies in the morning the weight of the hood had snapped the beams of the tent and thus the hood had fallen and crushed my plants.
A few of the little cheese's survived but seven weeks in one of the cheese's hermied and pollinated the rest of my crop. Major wounder! I killed the hermie more outta anger than anything. I cut down one lil cheese that was at seven weeks 50/50 orange/white pistils, same ratio cloudy clear trichs. Way early but I figured smoke it now without any seeds.
I let the other two go til 8 weeks then gave them the chop. Considering Barneys Farm say they're ready 10/11 weeks and mine were harvested 4 to 2 weeks early they gotta be good because they got me pretty damn stoned.
They smelt like blueberries when then were alive, and after they were dried and ground up smelt like damsons. A nice smoke, a shame I didn't get the full potential of them. I hope you do!

P1140259
green fingers

green fingers

As for the Big Devil 2's, I had three seeds and I accidently squashed two of them haha idiot! The one I was left with germinated, popped through the soil and then stayed like that for a couple of weeks.
In despair I almost killed it but the better half persuaded me to let it live, you never know. I oblidged her and it paid off, it suddenly, and i mean almost over night, grew a foot.
It harvested about 20 grams of fluffy bud, not dense like the little cheese. But the smell and the flavour? OMG kicked ass! It reminded me of the old yellow wrigleys tutti frutti or tropical gum.

green fingers

green fingers

I had 3 Black Jacks from sweet seeds again. All three germinated, but one died at that point. Another one died at three weeks when the hood fell down, it was right underneath. The survivor was something else. Its growth was epic, veg and flower. Best plant out of the first grow of Big Devil2, Little Cheese, and Black Jack.
Alot of things went wrong and had an effect on all the plants but Black Jack ignored it all, determined to produce some pukka sticky icky icky. Having said that the Little Cheese's all things considered did pretty good. They all grew over Barneys max height of 20 inches, the tallest reaching 24 inch.
Back to Black. As soon as her buds started forming the skunky sweet smell was so intense. I'd just sit at my tent entrance for ages, running my hands through her flowers and smelling them.
The buds fattened up quickly and just got coated with sugar. I was majorly worried about losing the smell and taste. Especially seeing as a mate cropped 15 or so ounces of cali haze and dried it in the standard manner hung up over a couple of weeks, then brown bagged, finally jarred.
It tasted okay, like there was a hint of flavour but nothing to write home about, yet it was as skunky as my black jack when it was living. I had a joint of his previous crop that had been cured for four months and one toke blow my head off. The flavour was insane, pure fresh zest of orange. So he can get the best out of a bud with his drying method but four months til its good?! I cant wait that long!!!
Anyway I cut it at nine weeks on the dot, cut all the main branches and hung up. Removed all fan leaves, and big shade leaves. Drying room is a dr60, with split five inch extraction, a four inch intake and three desk fans aiming at dishes of water. Temp 70/75 Humidity 40/50%.
After a couple of days hanging i manicured the bud then rehung for two more days. At that point the top of the branch would snap whilst further down it would bend. I cut the buds down and put them straight into kilner jars.
12 hrs later the buds were fairly moist so i put them out on a wooden tray for half an hr or so until they felt dry again then sealed them up again. i kept doing this until they stopped feeling moist and then just burped the jar.
Now i've smoked the buds right from the moment they were dry at three days til now a couple of weeks later and I can honestly say every single joint has tasted like the best one I've ever had, it just gets better and better.
I've been smoking for years and i've had plenty of premo s"@t, which is why im in complete disbelief that I've manged to sucessfully grow, and harvest on the first attempt some of the best pot known to mankind.
Begginers luck or divine intervention i dunno but praise be for it lol
I used Bio Bizz All mix soil, Bio Bizz Grow, Bloom, and Topmax.

green fingers

green fingers

These are the three Speed Devil 2's, I've LST'd them and accidently topped two of them lol lovely little bushes. They're 8 weeks old and only just starting to smell, I think they're about a week behind maybe because of the topping or LST but they def. dont look like they'll be ready in a week.

Spd1
Spd2
Spd3
green fingers

green fingers

Some photo's of the RRF's and then HBD's. They're all 7 weeks old, they've all been LST'd. The Hbd's have the blueberry smell, and the RRF's have a funky diesel type smell. The three Hbds are thick little bushes, they're leaves are really dark green, the buds are getting fat, and there's trichs everywhere.
The RRF on the left of the first photo has gone nuts, as has one of the side branches of the plant next to it. The other two plants are nice uniform bushes. Really sticky to touch now, just cant wait to get my scissors into em!
Some photo's of them as seedlings as well. The tin in amongst the eight seedlings is my germination chamber.

I've just got a batch of Sweet Seeds Cream Caramels and Black Jacks on the go as well now. To germinate them I hung my tin right underneath my 250w hps until inside the tin was 90 degrees. Nine out of nine seeds germinated overnight.

Rrf1
Rrf2
Rrf3
Hbd1
Hbd2
Hbd3
Hbd 44
Hbd6
P1140154
P1140157
P1140164
green fingers

green fingers

Two of the nine plants were mutants, one being shrivelled up and weird looking with deformed leaves. The other freak was born with two heads, that've kinda split into three.
Considering they all popped their tap root and were planted at the same time there's quite a large difference in height. Three have grown well, three medium well, and the other three are just damn slow.

P1140620
P1140624
P1140632
P1140633
green fingers

green fingers

The nine plants above are all Cream Caramels 26 days old, planted in 6.5l pots. They are all inside a .8X.8X1.8M tent along with 5 other 10 day old seedlings. Four of them are Black Jack and one Cream Caramel, these are in 7.5l pots. I'll get some photo's of the five new ones up soon.
I'll try and get some photos of the HBD's buds as well, they're looking good with some of the pistils going orange now. I'm finding it hard getting the lighting right to get a good shot.

green fingers

green fingers

looks nice:cool0041:

good job on the manicuring

Thanks mate, and thanks for stopping by. For the Little cheese I fully trimmed and manicured the buds as soon as I cut them down, then I chucked them on a drying rack and then into a jar.
For the Black Jack I hung, trimmed, hung, manicured, then jarred. The first was alot easier! Dried shade leaves folded up into your bud are so annoying!!! It took forever and a day to trim those babies.
It was okay at the start, I'd nimbly cut the shade leave by the stalk and the buds were lookin good fairly quick. By the end i was so stoned my hands were shakin like a leaf, the scissors were so sticky they barely opened.
It was worth it in the end because she smokes so nice.

green fingers

green fingers

Nice job, plants look great.

Hey Reloader thanks for dropping by and for the kind words! I could show you a few photos of some awful plants off my first grow lol The little cheeses.
I packed their soil into their pots, and I mean packed. Poured the soil in, pressed down, poured more in and pressed down, poured more in... lol
God knows what I was thinking?! Probably the more soil the better. HaHa what a muppet, it's not like I'm new to gardening, just Mary Jane. By the time I realised what I'd done it was waaaaay too late.
4 or 5 weeks in they started to exhibit signs of overwatering, those signs never went away. The leaves all curled, alot yellowed and dropped off. Because the soil was so packed the moisture would never leave. I had fans blowing on the soil surface area, I even tried repotting one but without breaking up the mass of the root ball it made no difference. Nothing worked, I kept them alive long enough to get some smokeable buds by watering from the bottom.

O1
O2
S

Sixth Alchemist

it can be annoying when the leaves dry prior to manicuring, but its so rewarding to peel away and show the true beauty of the bud

green fingers

green fingers

So the first shot is of all the plants in my big tent. Three Spreed Devils at 58 days on the right, three Himalaya Blue Diesel in the middle, and three Russian Rocket Fuels on the left all on 52/3 days.

There's some close up shots of the buds on all. The Speed Devils should be ready day 63 but from the looks of things they're going to take longer, I guess because of the LST and topping.

The HBD's I'm really excited about and having read a smoke report of them harvested at 63 days, I think I'm going to try and give them a full 10 weeks to get that high amber trich ratio.

1194.jpg
2159.jpg
3114.jpg
489.jpg
565.jpg
652.jpg
737.JPG
834.jpg
933.jpg
1039.JPG
1195.jpg
1219.JPG
1324.jpg
1429.JPG

green fingers

green fingers

Here's a couple of the smaller tent which has 9 Cream Caramel Auto's in 6.5l pots, one more CC in 7.5l and four Black Jack Autos in 7.5l. One BJ seedling couldnt break free from the seed so I removed it myself, to reveal yellow leaves. Hopefully it'll pull through.
1618.JPG
17_17.jpg
1815.JPG
1912.JPG

Top Bottom