First Grow - How Does It Look?

• Thread starter GrowConcern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowConcern

GrowConcern

So everything has been going well. Thinking I’ll flip this weekend, but now I’m seeing a few plants show stress and I don’t know if it’s nutes or light.

I’m seeing some leaves yellowing and some tips yellowing. Any insights?
AE2970E2 A3D8 4B90 9384 0B270D733289
AE2970E2 A3D8 4B90 9384 0B270D733289
472822D3 4FE5 4261 9392 0E9CA51E9BD8

D7B7A533 6324 46C3 B92E ED94F9FA0624
Enforcer

Enforcer

I just have it mounted to some 1/2" plywood.

Just a little tip. I'm assuming you have the fan set up to exhaust air out of the tent. It will be much more efficient if it’s exhausting air from the top of the tent, not the bottom. Hot air rises so you get better air flow exhausting from the top of the tent.

Enforcer

Enforcer

bunkerking

bunkerking

Just a little tip. I'm assuming you have the fan set up to exhaust air out of the tent. It will be much more efficient if it’s exhausting air from the top of the tent, not the bottom. Hot air rises so you get better air flow exhausting from the top of the tent.

air cooled tube - Its pulling air from the middle top of the tent. Its gotta drop down to floor level at some point.
But ty. :)

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Rust spots on the leaves is indicative of a calcium deficiency.
That’s what I thought. So add Cal/Mag to the reservoir.
I have this for an 8x8 tent. The only weight I have directly on the main polls is a 30 lb light. I’m supporting the filter with 2 cross bars from the old 10x5 tent.
D393E985 8220 4B1C BDC2 F84139C7A661

The extra $100 for the tent upgrade was well worth it. The 1inch polls make a difference. Plus I have an extra 14 square feet!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

IMHO while it is a calcium deficiency it's not from lack of calcium. Calcium is taken up passively as direct result of transpiration. Look at how swollen your leaves are. This is a transpiration issue not lack of nutrient issue.

Just my 0.2 cents I think I mentioned before do not add anything to self ph adjusting nutrients but it's your grow man. Sometimes you just need to learn the hard way.

Again just my opinion.

Also your damaged leaves will continue to get worse... They will not get better so it may appear to get worse but if it's not spreading to new leafs then you are good

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

IMHO while it is a calcium deficiency it's not from lack of calcium. Calcium is taken up passively as direct result of transpiration. Look at how swollen your leaves are. This is a transpiration issue not lack of nutrient issue.

Just my 0.2 cents I think I mentioned before do not add anything to self ph adjusting nutrients but it's your grow man. Sometimes you just need to learn the hard way.

Again just my opinion.
So if not Cal/Mag to the reservoir, what? Foliar spraying?

digidemi

digidemi

Again just my opinion.

Also your damaged leaves will continue to get worse... They will not get better so it may appear to get worse but if it's not spreading to new leafs then you are good
He's having the exact same issue I had with those nutes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The leaves with calcium damage are not going to get better... Are you 100% sure it is spreading to new leaves.... Not just the old ones that are damaged looking worse.

digidemi

digidemi

I don't recommend going against the advice of these experienced growers, but I added cal / mag in a half dose to mine and they perked right up and stopped "rusting" overnight, imo those nutes + RO water was a bit on the acidic side and all that happened for me is a slight raise in PH (closer to the ph id like to see). Are you using the nutes full strength?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

He's having the exact same issue I had with those nutes.
Yes this is more common than most think. I tell ya I can't say it enough... The nutes get fucked up and you get deficiencies when you add calmag and or ph up/down and they need to be used with RO water. That's it measure ppm don't look at ph. Now there I have also seen issues with running it at low ppm so I would not go under 400ppm.

Ok said my piece and I'm only trying to help but i can't say it again.

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

The leaves with calcium damage are not going to get better... Are you 100% sure it is spreading to new leaves.... Not just the old ones that are damaged looking worse.
Yes. I’m for sure seeing yellow tips on some new leaves. Also some reddening on a few stems. The mottled yellow is only on bigger older fan leaves on a couple of plants. It’s not too bad right now, but I’d like to nip it in the bud before flipping.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes. I’m for sure seeing yellow tips on some new leaves. Also some reddening on a few stems. The mottled yellow is only on bigger older fan leaves on a couple of plants. It’s not too bad right now, but I’d like to nip it in the bud before flipping.
If it's older growth it's either magnesium or very old calcium damage. Calcium is not very mobile. Tip burn is likely high ppm or since your in coco letting it dry to much. But @Enforcer is the guy you want to talk to about feeding. The red on stems is of no concern and is usually from light or strain genetics or both. Purple can be low temps and is indicative of phosphorous deficiency but usually unless you see stripping in the stock and it carrying into the leafs it just genetics.

GrowConcern

GrowConcern

If it's older growth it's either magnesium or very old calcium damage. Calcium is not very mobile. Tip burn is likely high ppm or since your in coco letting it dry to much. But @Enforcer is the guy you want to talk to about feeding. The red on stems is of no concern and is usually from light or strain genetics or both. Purple can be low temps and is indicative of phosphorous deficiency but usually unless you see stripping in the stock and it carrying into the leafs it just genetics.
I don’t think the coco is too dry. Runoff EC is 1.3,
so I think that’s good too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don’t think the coco is too dry. Runoff EC is 1.3,
so I think that’s good too.
@Enforcer is the dude you need to talk about feeding schedules for coco. My feeling is the more often the better once they are established. Keeps the ph and ppm in the root zone stable and prevents build up.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I don't recommend going against the advice of these experienced growers, but I added cal / mag in a half dose to mine and they perked right up and stopped "rusting" overnight, imo those nutes + RO water was a bit on the acidic side and all that happened for me is a slight raise in PH (closer to the ph id like to see). Are you using the nutes full strength?

for real - its almost best to just forget everything you know lol. Just ask why if you are not sure why to do the thing they said to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom